How can we improve AOL Mail?

bulk mail

I teach at a university with 250 students. Previously, my account was "white flagged" so I could email all at once. That has been removed. That is unacceptable for me and my 250 students, and we will all be forced to leave aol. I understand the spam problem, but you need to reinstate some methodology to differentiate genuine users from spammers. I don't want to leave AOL, but I will have no choice.

7th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert Ober shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

148 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely insane! I have been sending 200+ emails to our organization for years and now I can't?

• Peter Russell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bulk e-mail does not work. Before I have been able to send 250 e-mails at one time to my clients. Now it does not work

I am a pastor. This issue has been waived in the past. I too understand issues of spam but as mentioned by Mr. Ober, this is not acceptable and needs to be fixed. I have been a customer for over 20 years but this will have to change soon or I am gone. AOL is running off good customers through bad policies, who have stuck with them for a long time.

• Bill Long commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to use AOL to organize reunions but am no longer able to send email announcements. Forced to switch to Gmail. OATH/Aol apparently wants to force its older email customers to switch to other hosts.

• Ron Holloway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ALLOW as has been the policy - to send BCC - beyond a short number of e-mails (i.e., 20) versus at least 50 to 100 for organizational use - trusted AOL customers are frustrated where they could send out (BCC) e-mails to a 100 mailing list to a smaller 20 e-mailings - especially where there are NO complaints!!!

I have a similar situation - send groups and members e-mail community service newsletters BCC, but AOL has put a strict limit on the number being sent at one time - adds MORE work, used MORE time and disrupts the process!!!

Are you kidding me?! What is wrong with you, AOL? Are you trying to make everyone leave? I have used AOL forever, and have stubbornly refused to leave, but I need to be able to send to my student list of approximately 200 students! Come on!

• scotty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What kind of bone head dreamed up the limit on email lists? I am trying to keep up with 100+ high school classmates. AOL is now making it too painful. I have been on AOL since 1994. This sucks. Fire that bushy tailed, freshly minted IT engineer and get back to basics.

• Pauline Bozdech-Veater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also am having the same problem. Heavily involved with volunteer organizations in support of military and need to do group e-mails. All of a sudden (early Dec) limited to less then 100 receipents. Makes much more work for me. what gives? I really don't want to leave AOL but if issued not resolved will be forced to.

ALLOW as has been the policy - to send BCC e-mails in bulk without problems!!!!!!

I cannot send bulk mail to my business patina so I could email all at once That has been removed. and we will all be forced to leave aol. I understand the spam problem, but you need to reinstate some methodology to differentiate genuine users from spammers. I don't want to leave AOL, but I will have no choice.

I am having the same problem as Robert, only mine is with a club of 156 members. I need to email them information all in one shot, not send out 4 separate emails while trying to remember who I have already sent to. This needs to be fixed and fast before we switch to a different company.

• Lonzie Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AOL's decisions to 1. Limit the number of bulk emails transmitted per customer and 2. Forego advising customers on an acceptable number for bulk emails, while taking monthly payments for email transmittals, is a breach of contract and simply an idiotic business decision. Put on your big boy pants, and fix this problem now before customers like Robert Ober and myself looks elsewhere to meet our business needs.

• Peggy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been with AOL since AOL began. For the last 11 years, I have sent out my bulk email to my neighbors consisting of approximately 75 people. It is imperative that I continue with this bulk email. If you can't resolve this like tomorrow I will have to leave AOL. Come on AOL we can fly to the moon - surely you can fix this overnight. Turn the bulk email back on until you get a resolution to the issue. Please, I really don't want to leave AOL. Thank you.

• WVJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow white-lists. The idea of blocking spam by copying addresses to a black-list is absurd because spammers will simply spoof or create new addresses. I've received more than 30 spams in one day,

How can Oath-AOL possibly benefit by allowing spammers to flood a mailbox with garbage? Spam should be blocked at the server. Now that my primary account "permitted sender" list has disappeared, I'll be actively searching for a different email service.

"If you build it, they will come." If you ***** it up, they will leave!

I teach workshops and need to contact students. Allow me to send to anyone who has asked me to be on my updates lists. You've vertually made my lists impossible to send because of your new rules on the number in a list.I've tried to cut them in half and in doing so, have lost emails because I can't cut and paste. Your system is currently impossible! If this is not corrected soon I will be forced to go to another service. I've been an AOL member for years and for the first time am thoroughly disgusted with AOL's service.

See heading above, need to be able to send one email with about 350 recipients not multiple emails with about 100 per email. This was done in the past, please restore.

Weekly I send an email to approximately 350 recipients. I have been limited, recently, and can only send up to 100 at a time. I need to send just one email and not several. please review and help.

• Sandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I edit our church bulletin and e-mail the PDF file to 267 members. Now, this activity takes 30 minutes as I copy names, delete a few, delete a few more until I reach whatever the MAGIC number is. This is particularly frustrating.

I am the reunion chairman of our Navy Reunion. I send out an email to over 700 recipients that I was able to split into 2 mailings to meet their spam requirements. I have been sending out 15 to 20 emails every year for over 15 years with no issue. Now I am being told that I can't send out more than 50 at a time. It took me over 2 hours to copy, paste, and import addresses last night to get it done. 2 hours to basically send out 1 email. Crazy!!!

I volunteer to chair our reunion. I am not going to give 2 hours of my time 20 times per year just to send out 1 mail. My search for an AOL replacement begins.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base