How can we improve AOL Mail?

bulk mail

I teach at a university with 250 students. Previously, my account was "white flagged" so I could email all at once. That has been removed. That is unacceptable for me and my 250 students, and we will all be forced to leave aol. I understand the spam problem, but you need to reinstate some methodology to differentiate genuine users from spammers. I don't want to leave AOL, but I will have no choice.

7th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert Ober shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

161 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too have been sending email news bulletins on a BCC private list with aol to several hundred club members with no problem apart from the inevitable technical hiccup for about ten years but now I can't. Bonkers! I will be looking for another provider if this does not change back soon.

• Hope Williard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, neet to send out just over 200 emails to a group each week. Any solution to this? Is anyone listening?

• Gregory Bodnar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been using AOL email for over 20 years, and paying my monthly usage fee and now you block bulk emails at a limit of 50 entries. I find the recent decisions regarding improvements of the AOL/Oath offered products to be conducive to forcing long standing users to leave the AOL/Oath service and seek other providers.
        I strongly suggest resetting the number of bulk email addressed back to the prior setting.

• Margaret Krows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot send large group email anymore. I manage a neighborhood group that has grown to 84 people and now won't work. technical support will not tell me what the limit is and I am expected to experiment on my own. This email is regularly used for communication using "reply all" and will not be useful with this new policy. I guess I will have to change servers.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anonymous commented · December 29, 2018 06:58 · Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to send one email with about 350 recipients not multiple emails with about 100 per email. This was done in the past, please restore. Paying for a service that changes their policies and doesn't even run a survey before doing so. I am really surprised that no one has filed a class action law suit for breach of contract.

I agree. First AOL changed a perfectly user friendly desk top interface replacing it with a piece of junk. It is slow; often sends server messages, is difficult even creating a recipient group list, and now this recent limitation. I also pay every month so that I can get through to technical support. When I called to report a problem, they said they would call me right back......never heard from them. I like so many of you have been a user for well over a decade. Maddening.

I agree I am the secretary of a church. We have been with AOL for a very long time. I am having trouble sending out Prayers for the injured and ill and general reminders and announcements. It's awful, and I hate the idea of having to change the church email address which is on all of our rack cards, business cards, etc. But if AOL does not fix this I will definitely be changing over to another provider for the church. I am giving them 30 days to respond. If not there are many other providers to choose from.

I have had AOL since 2.0 and send bulk emails to tribal members quite often. I would split up the email list but it's too difficult to do form the contact list. Please reinstate this feature

This is unacceptable either fix this so I can send bulk email by Feb 7th or else leaving AOL

I have used AOL for decades, and even continue to pay for it monthly. Now that I must break a simple email to 270 members of my group into 11 emails, I have had it with AOL. With AOL on notice since last summer from so many others who have been severely inconvenience by the limits on BCCs, and AOL not caring that those of us who were previously vetted as legitimate users, I am breaking my ties with AOL. I was a fool paying for AOL, Enough is enough.

Absolutely insane! I have been sending 200+ emails to our organization for years and now I can't?

• Peter Russell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bulk e-mail does not work. Before I have been able to send 250 e-mails at one time to my clients. Now it does not work

I am a pastor. This issue has been waived in the past. I too understand issues of spam but as mentioned by Mr. Ober, this is not acceptable and needs to be fixed. I have been a customer for over 20 years but this will have to change soon or I am gone. AOL is running off good customers through bad policies, who have stuck with them for a long time.

• Bill Long commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to use AOL to organize reunions but am no longer able to send email announcements. Forced to switch to Gmail. OATH/Aol apparently wants to force its older email customers to switch to other hosts.

• Ron Holloway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ALLOW as has been the policy - to send BCC - beyond a short number of e-mails (i.e., 20) versus at least 50 to 100 for organizational use - trusted AOL customers are frustrated where they could send out (BCC) e-mails to a 100 mailing list to a smaller 20 e-mailings - especially where there are NO complaints!!!

I have a similar situation - send groups and members e-mail community service newsletters BCC, but AOL has put a strict limit on the number being sent at one time - adds MORE work, used MORE time and disrupts the process!!!

Are you kidding me?! What is wrong with you, AOL? Are you trying to make everyone leave? I have used AOL forever, and have stubbornly refused to leave, but I need to be able to send to my student list of approximately 200 students! Come on!

• scotty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What kind of bone head dreamed up the limit on email lists? I am trying to keep up with 100+ high school classmates. AOL is now making it too painful. I have been on AOL since 1994. This sucks. Fire that bushy tailed, freshly minted IT engineer and get back to basics.

• Pauline Bozdech-Veater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also am having the same problem. Heavily involved with volunteer organizations in support of military and need to do group e-mails. All of a sudden (early Dec) limited to less then 100 receipents. Makes much more work for me. what gives? I really don't want to leave AOL but if issued not resolved will be forced to.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base