How can we improve AOL Mail?

bulk mail

I teach at a university with 250 students. Previously, my account was "white flagged" so I could email all at once. That has been removed. That is unacceptable for me and my 250 students, and we will all be forced to leave aol. I understand the spam problem, but you need to reinstate some methodology to differentiate genuine users from spammers. I don't want to leave AOL, but I will have no choice.

8th ranked
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert Ober shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

169 comments

Comments are closed
  • Ava commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to set up a distribution - I cannot send out bulk emails as I have done before. This has a big problem for my organization. When will this be addressed.

• Sheryl Kronfeld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have same problem, am leaving AOL... AOL has become a major Problem. Marks Invitations For my business as spam, and as suspicious activity and blocks me from sending e mails.

• Joani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I run a Nonprofit for Survivors of Abuse and because I accidentally sent out an email to 300 people for the our CT chapter, now AOL is blocking my ability to send out emails from my Apple iMail account. THIS IS WHY I STOPPED PAYING FOR AOL!!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Please stop disrupting our work ... too much interference .. trying to protect peoples' PRIVACY while sending community service project information out to our memebers .. associates and volunteers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Millicent Borges Accardi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For over 25 years I have been sending out a quarterly newsletter to around 300 recipients. I manage the distribution list IN AOL and now? I cannot send to my distribution list? I'll have to split it up into SIX different lists in order to send my newsletter/?? That makes no sense at all. Why allow us to create distribution lists of 300 plus emails when we can no longer use them?

• Stephen W Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I subscribed for daily e-mail from rouguefitnessandhealth.com. Not one of the 100+ daily e-mails has come through to me. It should be white flagged or whatever to let their mail come through daily.

I send a monthly newsletter for an organization to which I belong, to about 140 addresses. For the last few months I have had to send it to half of the addresses at a time. In addition, I am unable to add addresses to that mailing list. For years I have been able to send our newsletter to the whole list without any problem. What has changed? And why? This is very inconvenient and makes other internet services look very attractive to me. Can this be fixed?

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too have been sending email news bulletins on a BCC private list with aol to several hundred club members with no problem apart from the inevitable technical hiccup for about ten years but now I can't. Bonkers! I will be looking for another provider if this does not change back soon.

• Hope Williard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, neet to send out just over 200 emails to a group each week. Any solution to this? Is anyone listening?

• Gregory Bodnar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been using AOL email for over 20 years, and paying my monthly usage fee and now you block bulk emails at a limit of 50 entries. I find the recent decisions regarding improvements of the AOL/Oath offered products to be conducive to forcing long standing users to leave the AOL/Oath service and seek other providers.
    I strongly suggest resetting the number of bulk email addressed back to the prior setting.

• Margaret Krows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot send large group email anymore. I manage a neighborhood group that has grown to 84 people and now won't work. technical support will not tell me what the limit is and I am expected to experiment on my own. This email is regularly used for communication using "reply all" and will not be useful with this new policy. I guess I will have to change servers.

Anonymous commented · December 29, 2018 06:58 · Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to send one email with about 350 recipients not multiple emails with about 100 per email. This was done in the past, please restore. Paying for a service that changes their policies and doesn't even run a survey before doing so. I am really surprised that no one has filed a class action law suit for breach of contract.

I agree. First AOL changed a perfectly user friendly desk top interface replacing it with a piece of junk. It is slow; often sends server messages, is difficult even creating a recipient group list, and now this recent limitation. I also pay every month so that I can get through to technical support. When I called to report a problem, they said they would call me right back......never heard from them. I like so many of you have been a user for well over a decade. Maddening.

I agree I am the secretary of a church. We have been with AOL for a very long time. I am having trouble sending out Prayers for the injured and ill and general reminders and announcements. It's awful, and I hate the idea of having to change the church email address which is on all of our rack cards, business cards, etc. But if AOL does not fix this I will definitely be changing over to another provider for the church. I am giving them 30 days to respond. If not there are many other providers to choose from.

I have had AOL since 2.0 and send bulk emails to tribal members quite often. I would split up the email list but it's too difficult to do form the contact list. Please reinstate this feature

This is unacceptable either fix this so I can send bulk email by Feb 7th or else leaving AOL

I have used AOL for decades, and even continue to pay for it monthly. Now that I must break a simple email to 270 members of my group into 11 emails, I have had it with AOL. With AOL on notice since last summer from so many others who have been severely inconvenience by the limits on BCCs, and AOL not caring that those of us who were previously vetted as legitimate users, I am breaking my ties with AOL. I was a fool paying for AOL, Enough is enough.

Absolutely insane! I have been sending 200+ emails to our organization for years and now I can't?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base