How can we improve AOL Mail?

Why must I push three buttons to get to new mail after I sign in?

After signing in, I should be able in one click to get to my new mail.

22nd ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. Now I have to sign in with two verification codes, so I have to call my wife at work and ask for the second one which went to her phone. Ridiculous.

• Ronjon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wtf is going on here? Why do I keep having to get codes texted to me in order to FINALLY get logged into my email? AOL email sucks BIG TIME1! This is at least the fifth time this has happened to me within the past few days!! Somebody needs to fix this sh*t! It's gone beyond being ridiculous!

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do away with the jumping through hoops just to get to my email. Often I get these annoying requests to enter a code that is texted to me. AOL email has really become a p.i.t.a. to use!!!

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I HAVE TO GET A CODE TO SIGN ON EVERYDAY FROM MY HOME COMPUTER. ANNOYING

You're lucky - at the moment I cannot get into my email at all - I do not conform because I do not bother with mobile phones hence I do not have a recovery phone number for my account - I know - its my own fault for being too old ! But I do remember having a mobile phone over 25 years ago and everyone realised, at that time, it was not a secure device for communication, Also I remember the start of the internet and earliest of business emails. Everyone knew then those were not secure media for communication either. WHY HAVE SUCH A COMPLEX ACCESS INTO ONES EMAIL ACCOUNT WHEN, ONCE INTO IT, THE EMAIL CONTENT CAN BE READ BY ENDLESS ADMINISTRATORS PLUS OFFICIAL AND ILLEGAL ACCESSES?

• Donald Mathison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are making this DIFFICULT. I don't like to go through so many steps to access my email. I used to be able to click on an icon and go DIRECTLY to my email. Now I can't even get an icon! Good reason to leave AOL!!!!!!!

• K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When my browser wiped out all saved passwords, I now can't get into 2 emails. When I called Customer Service they were unable to help me recover my email. My recovery phone number on file IS the phone number - I was told it was not even though I could see on the screen that it WAS correct. Kill the two-step ********. We don't need it and you do not need our phone numbers!!!
        What's completely ironic - I can access the emails on my other devices, so clearly AOL's high tech email security clearance is a failure. LOL
        AOL is by far the most unsafe email provider - phishing and spoofing emails come in every day.
        I am now using a new service -after many years on AOL - BUHBYE!

I couldn't agree more. It truly is a pain, and IMHO an unnecessary one, to have to sign into email every time I sit down. I should be able to decide for myself if the extra "security" is needed. Instead, it's just more ads.

• Aline Burdette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time I get on my account I have to verify my cell phone by a text a call. Not only can this get expensive, it's down right irritating. What in the world people! Knock it off or I'm going to another email provider!

Please stop deleting all of my login information every time I close my AOL page. I am sick of having to reestablish my info every single time I try to log on. I have to have a verification code sent to my cell phone every day and it is burning up most of my allotted texts on my phone.

It now takes two extra clicks to get my email list to open. Why is that AOL?? Is it because AOL wants to shove down our throats so much more advertising and they want to make sure we see it?...

• Jeanpierre Louseghenian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been using the same macbook for years, why do I have to wait for a code sent to my iPhone to login? Why, after I login, I am kicked out of email every 10 minutes, forcing me to start all over again???

• HELEN GOTTESMAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I HAVE HAD TO RECEIVE A CODE ON MY CELL PHONE IN ORDER TO GET INTO MY AOL ACCOUNT. THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING SINE THURSDAY OF LAST WEEK WHEN I FIRST INCURRED THIS PROBLEM. IT IS I WHO HAVE BEEN LOGGING INTO AOL. FOUR DAYS OF RECEIVING THE CODE SHOULD BE ENOUGH TIME TO CORRECT THE SITUATRION. KINDLY ALLOW ME ACCESS TO AOL WITHOUT HAVING TO WAIT FOR A CODE.
        THANK YOU. HELEN F. GOTTESMAN

• Charles Gibb Ph.D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In.the past I. had nothing but
        good things to.say about.AOL
        Mail
        Lately I.have experienced nothing but. flustration looking
        at my mail
        I have found it difficult to.log in
        My important mail is found In.SPAM.

Ron, try saving the link to the page where your e-mails appear, and use that to log in. And also turn off the AOL news page in settings. This has helped me.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base