How can we improve AOL Mail?

Put back the block on only receiving email from those people in my address book.

Put back the option to only receive email from those people in my address book Please.

2nd ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steve B. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Product Support responded  · 

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’ll send it over to the Product Team and hope to have it implemented in the future.

413 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Debra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when they say well send it to the production team that means nothing!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Blocking ALL emails except in the address book sounds good...but what about business/bank/etc...and some addresses change, so you may lose out on important info...

Put back the block on only receiving email from those people in my address book.

• d unsworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

received spam e-mail demanding 890 plus dollors$
        saying they will flood all my mail members with elicit
        data as a threat.
        site address is
        rykcaruu@mrfha.com

can you please deal with this site or person or persons
        thanking you

I NEED TO KNOW HOW I CAN GET BACK ALL MY OLD MAIL AND CONTACTS AND NEW MAIL FROM MY OLD ACCOUNT WHEN I WAS gilsonmason@aol.com. i have tried several times to get my old password and so i had to start a new account. and my meds and other important people i need to keep in contact with. TELL ME HOW TO DO THIS OR YOU GUYS JUST PUT EVERYTHING ONTO MY NEW ACCOUNT.

Google, AOL, all digital media have become nothing less than a cesspool of tech giants who are owned and operated by the drug cartels and big pharma, and other types of human derbis.

• SPAM hater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is anyone wasting their time expecting some fix. They took the resources and time to do away with only allowing email from people you now. On September 14 (which in a couple of weeks will be 5 months) the product support indicated they will send it over to the Product Team and 'hope' to have it implemented in the future. Read between the lines. They are getting income, including ads, some of which I'd suspect comes from the same spammers everyone complains about. After 5 months and hundreds of complaints (and this isn't the only thread discussing these same problems, not a word back. That should tell you something. I have my gmail set-up and after migrating my contacts I care about over the next several months and going thru my old emails to make sure I notify those I care about, I'll leave my AOL account the way it is and go on every month or two just to delete stuff and if I sign up for something I just need an email account for but don't want to give them the one I use, the AOL account is perfect for that. It should be obvious that they don't care about their customers at this point.

I dont like logging in and seeing all this news and ads. Can you take that off? I never get that on gmail.

• Henry Housewright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today I received 392 emails from websites that I DO NOT have any dealings with, that have to do with girls exploiting themselves and have now had my AOL account blocked. I am unable to get into my aol account using the password that is saved. Please restore my account and put the block back in place so I can block these emails from coming through

• susan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

put back the block on only receive mail from people in my address book only , i am at the point to get rid of aol , i have had aol for about 20 year it is the worse company ever

• BostonHollyandSnoop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

everyone keeps saying they are migrating away for the same reasons I wish I'd never been orphaned over to AOL, but no one ever provides any answers to "where". I have not found a single provider which allows use of MSN Products. I've lost use of my verizon.net files from 2013- now. For some reason AOL has allowed some of my past folders to show in Outlook. the year 2013. But I cannot get or send email using any of the settings they provided. My AOL nor Verizon passwords work using the incoming and outgoing mail settings in combination with the port setting they've provided. Nor will Norton protect those updated ports.

Where would you go, Joe ?l & Steve, I follow you too. I, also, am looking for a new provider. Having been orphaned by Verizon Email Dept, which I'd had since the 1980's. I liked verizon email because it allowed MS Business Products like Office. When pushed over to AOL we were promised that nothing would change, that my Outlook accounts would still function with some minor settings tweaks which of course was total BS- it was trickery. I'm still stuck with Verizon as ISP for copper landline & fax w/DSL (ugl). We cannot get FIOS in Boston, our Mayor who is destroying us with Property Tax increases won't "permit" FIOS in 99% of Boston. I've check out the prices of Comcast & RCN, no need for 5000 TV Chann.s nor mobile. All I want is functioning LL, Fax /Fiber Optics/Cable & the choice of providers for use with MS Products into which Iv'e made prior investments and also where my business folders between 1997-2016 (as well as personal photos &email addys) have lived. If I'd wanted AOL in 1997 I would have chosen AOL. I used it for a month & realized it was light use for families (*You've Got Mail* No Kidding? "I'm A Business") Steve ? Joe ?

In fact, please allow those of us forced over from Verizon to allow "block" of spammers as well. I get more spam which should be blocked and not sent as spam 500x's per week from "view message source" that would make your hair and eyes curl. Blocking Senders the "AOL WAY" by using the Block Sender Directions - first find the link, then stumbling around the convoluted directions and requirements adding absurd details that the original post didn't include- is so extraordinarily inefficient that I usually have lost the address I had intended to block or have altogether forgotten what I'm attempting to accomplish in the first place and give up. If I get it right, twice, it doesn't always work. It's such as waste of time it's the equivalent of working for the Federal Government during a shutdown. Ooops, I forgot we're in Trumpland aren't we...OF COURSE IT doesn't work properly and no wonder my grammar is all screwed up RIGHT ?

Put back the feature that sends email to spam from senders not in my address book.

• Emma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Change email back to original format where new email is only from your address book and the rest goes to your spam folder

• Joseph Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

About 3 weeks ago, I started receiving about 26 **** spam every weekday. The **** spam arrives between 2 and 4 a.m. every weekday morning. I try to block them but they keep coming into my inbox. If AOL doesn't do something to stop this, I will be quitting AOL after more than 20 years as an AOL customer. AOL - you are on notice!!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base