How can we improve AOL Mail?

Put back the block on only receiving email from those people in my address book.

Put back the option to only receive email from those people in my address book Please.

2nd ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steve B. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

319 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • anonoymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the amount of garbage spam is exponential and i'm looking for another email option

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The amount of Spam I am receiving daily is ridiculous. Idk what changed but I really hate AOL mail now. Its to the point where its not worth checking.. Beyond Aggravated.

• Donna M Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has to stop!!! This is ridiculous what you have done. I have had this email address for years now I am going to have to change companies

I came here for this exact problem. Never would I have thought they would remove the ability to only get email from my address list. Why in the world would they take that away, it's almost 2019 this should be as basic as basic gets. What a terrible experience AOL mail is becoming. No wonder why people look at me crazy when I tell them I have an AOL account still...they say oh that must be your spam mailbox you give to people you dont want to talk to. Yup, thats what it will be pretty soon because ill mve all my stuff to gmail in an instant.

Getting a ridiculous amount of spam every single day. Yet an email that I get every month (a bill) you put in my spam folder. have had my aol address for over 20 years and had my settings so I only received mail from those I listed. You need to bring that back. Actually it will probably be better to just leave aol and get an email account with another provider!!!

• Dr PG Baron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Removing the ability to allow only email from people in my address book is a really foul thing to do. It's a basic spam check, simple to use, simple to implement and it works. Now I'm faced with having to tag hundreds of emails as spam and having to spend large amounts of time devising filters to remove email that previously never made it to my inbox. Making us put up with your clunky, click-bait laden interface is bad enough, but actually taking away a useful tool shows that you neither understand nor care about your users.

WHY do all customers complain over and over about the same problems and nothing gets fixed ??? Where are all the techs to help with these problems ??? GET WITH IT !!!!

I do NOT like your full page ad's that come onto my email page, I get enough from every **** site I visit and so sick of all this **** being able to invade my computer. AND I try to block spam names and that site does not work here, AOL is so missed, it was so easy to use and made sense didn't have to guess what ICONS meant , and nothing ever went wrong, it is terribly missed by all of your aol users !

Please put back the spam options so we can control spam.....I am getting all my spam in my regualr mail. It is ridiculous. I want to stay with my aol email address. Please fix this.

THE ABOVE IS MY PROBLEM ALSO,,,, PLEASE PUT BACK THE SPAM "OPTIONS" WE HAD BEFORE TO HELP US ""CONTROL"" THE AMOUNT OF SPAM MAIL..

WHEN i RECEIVED A LOT OF SPAM MAIL, I'D BLOCK "EVERYONE" SO MY SPAM WOULD BE SHUT OFF FOR A DAY OR TWO TO CONTROL SPAM,,, THEN I'D GO THE OPTION OF "ONLY AOL EMAILS" AND THAT WOULD HELP,,,, NOW WE HAVE VERY VERY LITTLE CONTROL, !!!!!!

• ngilleran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK. Everybody leave your spam in the spam file. Just mark it as "read". The file will load up their storage space (assuming you keep mail on their servers--best way to manage. Do not download to your hard drive). I have 1300 spams sitting on their server. Gaining 50 a day.

when they remove this feature, email became much more difficult to manage. I have had AOL mail for 28 consecutive years. This is the issue that will make me leave.

• laura viscome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG! I'm getting over 100 spam emails a day! I don't have time to unsubscribe from these. I spend over an hour every night trying to get these out of my box. I missed two days and now I have 459 emails in my spam box. I have been a 20+ yrs aol member but I am now setting up a different account with another provider that has better a member/user platform.

• piaggi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how do i stop spam from coming into my email box as well as spam box with my email address that i have not given to them i only give my email address to people i know

• Stacy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Long-time AOL user. Please return the spam settings options to the way they used to be. Having to enter all the spam addresses that I want blocked is ludricous when it amounts to at least a hundred or two per day. Seriously, AOL. Is this how you treat your customers. Look like it's time to seriously consider a move to another email provider.

We are not asking you to do any new development...just put back the functionality that was there all along!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base