How can we improve AOL Mail?

automatically delete spam mail.

If someone gets mail that AOL designate as spam, why send it to our spam folder in the first place just delete it.

8th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

George shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lorraine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do NOT automatically delete the spam--too much of my wanted mail winds up in there and I need to look in the spam folder constantly to retrieve it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with most of the comments. I now receive 50 -75 spam emails a day, most from sites I tried to block. Blocking no longer works. Please bring back the auto delete feature. AOL no longer is user friendly. I am about ready to stop using it and to find another provider.

since aol merged and is now verizon or whoever!!!! i am getting unbelievable amounts of spam mail and have to filter through it constantly to look for something that is not spam.. Ive had aol mail accounts for 23 years and the spam has gotten totally rediculous. .

I'm finding more & more mail in my spam folder that is NOT spam. Even after finding missing emails in the spam folder and marking them as NOT SPAM, AOL continues to divert this much wanted mail to my SPAM folder. Automatically deleting mail that AOL decides is SPAM is a stupid and short sighted notion.

• John Barton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use to receive very few SPAM EMAILS-however, about 2- weeks ago I started receiving 20-80 spam emails per day. There should be any EASY WAY to let me block future emails from these spammers? Maybe tap on the spam email and BLOCK? Thanks for any improvement you can do.

• richard panish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had AOL for 20 years. Last week my security software, "Frontier security", BLOCKED me from logging into my AOL email account. It said that this account was a dangerous site. I overrode the block, but I'm very troubled.

It's only 6pm and already 19 spam/junk in my email box - PLEASE STOP IT! :-( you KNOW it's spam and now I know it's your GREED !

It's not always actual spam. AOL is super cautious and places emails in spam that are not spam. You will lose mail it you idea is put is place..

Something changed with AOL. My spam is off the chain. Can't a company that's handled email for decades prevent simple junk mail from even arriving when they know its junk mail?

I agree and AOL should delete junk email from blocked list rather than sticking it in a blocked folder. I mean what the heck does block mean anyway?????? I beginning to think AOL is on their last leg is they can't perform simple commands like block mail from certain @senders.

No... AOL chooses to place a LOT of the MAIL I WANT INTO SPAM because it doesn't comply with THEIR political views!

I am getting 2 of the same spam messages now. Why did you get rid of the "automatically delete" spam messages. Bring it back.

If it spam why send it delete I always 2 the same spam and could never unsubscride because it does not have unsubscride on the bottom or why are getting it if it is spam

• carol sanfilippo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE REPLACE THIS FEATURE I AM NOW RECEIVING NUMEROUS SPAMS A DAY AND YOU CAN CHANGE THIS IN AN INSTANCE YOU ARE NOT LISTENING TO YOUR USERS AOL IS BECOMING VERY USER UNFRIENDLY FOR NO GOOD REASON YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING BUT CAUSE PROBLEMS

I'm getting tired of receiving 30-40 SPAM messages every day. Can't you eliminate all "spams" from my messages? I have no need for them!

• Carolyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AOL has sent legitimate and important mail to my Spam folder. Fortunately I caught it in time and un-spammed it before it was deleted. AOL should never automatically delete any piece of mail that is sent to a member's email account.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base