How can we improve AOL Mail?

automatically delete spam mail.

If someone gets mail that AOL designate as spam, why send it to our spam folder in the first place just delete it.

8th ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

George shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

62 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Delete automatically and add sending address to the Block list.
        SEE "OTHER" SPAM COMMENTS... ( THE #1 COMPLAINT!!)
        PRODUCT ADMIN. IS NOT GATHERING, LOOKING INTO OR FIXING. THEY HAVENT RESPONDED SINCE SEPT. 2018.
        And their response was/ is a "BULLS***" Answer. The Block isn't working, I am a PAYING ACCOUNT HOLDER.
        But I will not be for long. These **** e-mails are coming through whether Blocked or Not.
        I don't have time for this **** of "listing separately, especially when it doesn't work !!!!
        FIX IT OR GO BACK TO THE "OLD PROGRAM"...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a 75 year old female and I keep getting email from males and females that I do not with to get. I also get ads also. I have added the addresses to the block span tool but it does no good. I do not want **** in my email. So if I have designated something as span how about blocking it as your web site says.

The ***-bating e-mails are becoming more rampant. Not only are they hitting the spam mail; but also the inbox mail. Somebody is receiving a lot of cha-ching for this garbage. Disgusting!!!

If I want to engage in *********** I can do it without receiving it as spam mail. It is impossible to stop these disgusting e-mails. What a horror.

I get hundreds of spam emails a week on AHS3 account, almost none on aug_schwiesow account. The AHS3 account is a pain and I would like to cancel that account. How can I do that? Or cancel both accounts.

• Martin Cohen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds like a wonderful idea, BUT, it is based on a flawed premise. AOL, regardless of the algorithm used can not be 100% absolutely certain that they may have not improperly designated a specific email as SPAM when, for a specific customer, it is not. They are therefore admitting that their methodology is NOT perfect and as a 'safety' measure they will put designated spam emails into the spam folder. Assume (that means an *** out of U and ME) that their algorithm is 99% correct in its functionality, then there are a lot of people ( 1%) of 1 million or maybe 10 million that are having their emails improperly marked as spam.

I will be getting rid of my AOL account because of SPAM removal. I have had AOL since the beginning.

Deleting spam with specific words was the reason I signed on with AOL 20+ years ago. Has anyone found out if they will ever allow that kind of screening again? Like everyone else I am getting tons of spam daily and am considering a new provider although it will be a terrible inconvenience.

What happened to auto delete in AOL email by word? It takes too long to delete every spam by address.

Please don't automatically delete aol designated spam. I do not filter any email and I still find legitimate mail going into the spam folder. I prefer an option, again, to not filter mail as spam and let me decide.

• theda marin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suggest that we be able to set up a filter that would also apply to emails sent to spam mailbox. Currently filters only work for emails that go into the inbox. Benefits of being able to set up for emails that are directed to spam folder:
        1. User could set up filter for certain spam emails to be sent automatically to trash folder.
        2. If user made a mistake and email really wasn't spam, could delete the filter which would then allow the email to come through.
        3. This should be able to use existing functionality.

• Lynne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The SPAM problem is related to OATH, owned by Verizon. So the best way to show our disdain is to cancel all Verizon accounts. Eventually they (MAY) get the message.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a novel idea, one that AOL had before they F'd everything up and removed all of the good mail controls. So people they do not care and WILL NOT FIX ANY OF IT! CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT!

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all, we here at AOL have removed all the good functions of email, showing you that we don't care about our customers. Thanks and please do not have a nice day!

I currently have over 1600 emails in my spam folder, placed there by AOL, in 3 weeks. That's an average of 76/day. My GMail account has ZERO. What's that tell ya?

• ANON commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to get about one a day, now all of a sudden it is in the hundreds of erotic spam. Sick of it. Complained to AOL and the help provided is how to send to spam box. Excuse me, IT IS ALREADY IN MY SPAM BOX!!

What happened to AOLs "auto delete" by specific words? I've used them for 20+ years and now the entire spam emails simply go to a "spam" folder and I still have to delete them by hand even when they contain "trigger" words that I certainly don't want to see. I'm terribly disappointed in AOL and let's hope my post here doesn't trigger more spam.

• Lorraine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do NOT automatically delete the spam--too much of my wanted mail winds up in there and I need to look in the spam folder constantly to retrieve it.

I agree with most of the comments. I now receive 50 -75 spam emails a day, most from sites I tried to block. Blocking no longer works. Please bring back the auto delete feature. AOL no longer is user friendly. I am about ready to stop using it and to find another provider.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base