How can we improve AOL Mail?

Sorting email function by date or newest first has stopped working

After logging in and out of AOL multiple times seeing a message my mail was unavailable, I get in and my email sort is stuck on oldest first. Where I used to be able to click on the date bar to sort, it is no longer responsive. Settings has nothing available to set how mail order is seen is seen

26th ranked
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Comments are closed
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please restore the ability to reverse the order of dates sent and group senders

• E Landgrover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Despite the "Help" directions that claim to allow sorting of emails by sender or from addresses it does NOT work!

I used to be able to sort my flagged mail. Doesn't work at all. I'm switching over to gmail after being an AOL user since 1994?

• FREE SHOULD MEAN FREE & SPAM SHOULD MEAN SPAM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HAVE BEEN AOL~ PAYING MEMBER FOR YEARS~CLICKED On ONE Of AOL "FREE" SERVICES IINDICATED "FREE" BECAUSE OF MY PAID SUBSCRIPTION~NOW RECEIVED REPEATED EMAILS DEMANDING PAYMENT~WROTE & CALLED TO CANCEL AS NEVER PROVIDED MY BILLING INFORMATION~STOP THESE UNWANTED EMAILS~OR WILL NO LONGER~PAY FOR AOL~ENOUGH~WHEN CUSTOMER RESPONDS~AOL SHOULD RESPOND AS WELL & CANCEL NEVER ORDERED SO CALLED 'FREE' SERVICE WITH PAID SUBSCRIPTION~SPAM NO LONGER ALLOWS ME TO SEND UNWANTED EMAILS TO SPAM/BULK MAIL~ALL THESE UNWANTED SPAM EMAILS ARE COMING THROUGH DESPITE REPEATED ATTEMPTS AT/WITH ALL FIXES SUGGESTED BY AOL HELP!!!! NO SERVICE MEANS--CANCEL 'SERVICE'

• barbara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have basic version, unified is checked, two browsers tried: Edge,Chrome.
    When I click on Subject, nothing happens.
    When I click on date, only the arrow in the 'date' box changes direction, nothing else.
    When I click on From, the sender's email changes to the name even though in setting 'name' box is not checked and an arrow appears in the from box pointing down but nothing is actually sorted. When 'From' is clicked again, nothing changes except for the arrow which points in the other direction - up.

• Frank Rubin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The arrow at the top of the date column is supposed to control the sort order, but I have to click it 5, 10 even 15 times to get the oldest emails to the top. Then I have to scroll carefully to avoid disturbing the order. Often, by the time I have scrolled to the bottom to start reading the new ones it flips back to newest at the top. Or, the order gets garbled. I scroll through Sept, Oct, Nov, and early Dec. Then suddenly you are showing Oct emails again. Sometimes the list will go back to showing Dec, then Jan, but sometimes it stays in Oct and I have to sort it again (and again and again). This looks like a programming bug that needs to be fixed.

• Eva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am sick of the changes, I pay for e-mail and getting ready to cancel. If it is not broke do not fix it.

My e-mails are locked on newest only and will not sort from oldest to newest. Every time I click on the "Date" button, nothing changes.

• Carmen Garson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its really aweful please resolve. that was the only reason I stayed with aol from the very beginning.

• Dave K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is happening to me as well. I have to click "from" several times before it sorts. Then, I can only select about 15 , otherwise it loses the "sort", and I have to start over.
    AOL email takes forever to sort
    Needs fixed

Why can't we sort email by sender? I get an awful lot of junk mail and it would make it easier to clear out my inbox if I could just sort them.

Reinstate sorting on the 'from' column in email - doesn't work in New or Old Mail, but bizarrely it DOES work in Sent, Spam and Deleted. Very frustrating.

I would appreciate having the sort by feature back. Sort by name or by description

I have over 5900 msgs. Sort grouping by sender is critical to purging out 5/6 of this file.

• Devra Ranieri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please bring back the Alphabetical order of email address. it was very useful to me when i had to search through my mail.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base