How can we improve AOL Mail?

Sorting email function by date or newest first has stopped working

After logging in and out of AOL multiple times seeing a message my mail was unavailable, I get in and my email sort is stuck on oldest first. Where I used to be able to click on the date bar to sort, it is no longer responsive. Settings has nothing available to set how mail order is seen is seen

33rd ranked
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Carmen Garson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

its really aweful please resolve. that was the only reason I stayed with aol from the very beginning.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is happening to me as well. I have to click "from" several times before it sorts. Then, I can only select about 15 , otherwise it loses the "sort", and I have to start over.
        AOL email takes forever to sort
        Needs fixed

Why can't we sort email by sender? I get an awful lot of junk mail and it would make it easier to clear out my inbox if I could just sort them.

Reinstate sorting on the 'from' column in email - doesn't work in New or Old Mail, but bizarrely it DOES work in Sent, Spam and Deleted. Very frustrating.

I would appreciate having the sort by feature back. Sort by name or by description

I have over 5900 msgs. Sort grouping by sender is critical to purging out 5/6 of this file.

• Devra Ranieri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please bring back the Alphabetical order of email address. it was very useful to me when i had to search through my mail.

• laura viscome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so now you can sort mail in SENT, SPAM, OLD, but not in my current box? SO I can't find a specific email from my sister unless I toggle through everything in my box. UGH!!!!
        COME ON! I'm about one step away from dropping aol after 20+ years!

I previously could sort my inbox on my Windows PC according to “Sender” to quickly mass delete and clear out my it out. That has gone away in the last year or so.

I used to save things to revisit by keeping open, then sorting at end of week to deal with.. This no longer works on desktop, just on app. Very annoying

sorting of emails function is not working in the new mail folder, it is working in the spam folder.

I want to group my emails by who sent them, this version is cheap and far less accessible than even others email providers. I've had this email account for more than 20 years. I don't like the changes. I'm finding it more difficult to sort and clean out my inbox. So I visit less often and when it's disaster. Please fix so the inbox can be sorted by date and or by from fields.

Feedback and Knowledge Base