AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AOL deleted all emails from my inbox.

AOL deleted all emails from my inbox. Lost important emails like flight confirmations and payment receipts. Should I switch to a different email provider?

46th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make blocked mail just go into the trash instead of the spam folder !

Why does blocked mail go to the spam folder and not the trash folder.. pretty stupid if You ask me...if one blocks it or uses phishing It should either not even show up or it should go to the trash folder. I have to delete the same emails from the same source every day... frustrating.

114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. move to:

When moving email from Inbox to a Folder you have to scroll down the alphabetical "Move to" list to find the Folder you want. If there is a long list then it takes time to find it. Or you can guess on the scroll bar to get close but you still have to do some unnecessary scrolling. It would be cool if there were alphabetical Rolodex tabs next to the Folder list to get you close.

114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. length of from field in spam folder

For some reason, all the folders, including inbox, trash, draft, and any custom folders, automatically adjust the "from" field to the length of the longest addressee's name, but spam folder does not, it has a standard (short) length and truncates all the addressees to that length. So everytime I go to the spam folder to review the spam emails, I have to manually adjust the "from" field length so I can see all the addressees in their entirety. Can you please in a future update change the folder opening routine for the spam folder to work the same way as…

114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want to have multiple levels of folders.

I want to have multiple levels of folders. I want to have an Old E-Mail Folder and have it contain a 2020 E-mail folder, and a 2019 E-mail Folder etc.. AOL can not manage mutiple levels of folders.
    I also tried it with some smaller folders and it is not the folder size that matters.

114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 509th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. see new and read mail in 1 inbox

put all the mail in 1 inbox. going back and fourth between read an new is annoying. there could be a filter to hide 1 but i should be able to see both together. thats why google is winning

114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Why did the name of my AOL Trash folder change to Recently Deleted on my google browser but not my Edge browser

Why did the name of my AOL Trash folder change to Recently Deleted on my google browser but not my Edge browser

114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. What happened to my Old Mail?

My Old Mail files disappeared this morning. What happened? Will they be put back. I have a lot of important files there.

114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How do copy Folders from AOL?

How do I copy my mail folders in AOL and send them to Gmail?

114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. My aol email access isn't happening on any of my devices

I am no able to access my aol accounts at all. I have not changed anything on them. this is happening on all my devices. it has forced me to go online and sign on that way. HELP!!!! I have used aol from the get-go and have important emails stored. I have to know if you are abolishing functions or what!?

114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve the functionality of managing folders: deleting ones no longer needed; adding new folders, and editing titles.

My folders say that I have 896 folders which is grossly overstated. Where is that number coming from. Additionally, I have emptied a number of folders, however, for the past few weeks, I cant locate an option that allows me to delete any folders. I also no longer have the option to add any new folders. Up until the past several weeks, I have been able to add, delete and edit folders. Why is this problems showing up and how do I resolve it, so I can continue to manage my emails efficiently? Thanks

114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mail Message SIZE

I would like to be able to quickly locate large bloated emails (size) so that I can delete them to reduce my space usage. Could you please add a size field column to view and sort by in the email list window.

114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disabling links in spam is counter-productive

I get that you don't want people accidentally clicking to malicious sites, but part of how I determine if a message is spam or legit is to hover over the links and see if what pops up matches the text I'm hovering over. I can't do that if you're "disabling" all the links. I end up having to mark it as "not spam" in order to figure out if it is spam. Does that make sense?

114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Lost transfers to a chosen folder

Frequently when I wish to save an email to chosen folder, I get msg that the email has been moved, BUT IT HAS NOT BEEN MOVED... BUT APPEARS IN THE TRASH FOLDER !! Sometimes a save results in the email removal from the list (good action), while most of the time it REMAINS IN THE LIST!! Leads to a doubted action, low confidence in system software!!!

114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. folder

when you open a folder could you put the full folder name in the same display where you show ALL folders number??

114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a search box to the "Move to:" menu choice.

Add a search box to the "Move to:" menu choice. I have probably got over 300 personalized folders, so when I want to move a piece of mail from my inbox to a folder, right now I have to click the "More" menu choice, then I have to scroll down this lengthy list of folders, then click the folder I want to move it to. This all takes time and, at least 50% of the time, I get booted out of my list of folders before I ever get to the folder I want to move the item to. This…

114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. By putting mt new mail in the new mail

For some reason new mail is going into recently deleted folder. Also restore my contact list.

gayle5038@aol.com

114th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base