AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I HAD 42,000 WORTH OF SOFTWARE AND TOOLS IN THIS ACCOUNT,I WILL SUE AOL

I HAD 42,000 WORTH OF SOFTWARE AND TOOLS IN THIS ACCOUNT,I WILL SUE AOL

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. posting a complaint

1. You ****. There is this new setting. Old mail and or new mail. If I pick keep new mail than All my emails are made new, Or choose the old mail and if I read it then it goes to the old mail folder.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it the way it was just a few days ago!!!!. I want to delete the "old mail" folder. open my new emails that stay in that folder as read emails. Why are you fixing something that IS NOT broken.

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. saved email folders

My saved emails in my aol managed email folders are now suddenly not available after 2018. Those emails are my property. My access to them must be reinstated. I have very important historical information there. Please contact me an bout this ASAP

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. System issue that brought back old emails - can the old emails be restored?

I had some old emails that were restored when the recent system issue occurred. Is there a way to restore the old emails, not the deleted ones, so I can review?

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Old Email Folder

How many days do you keep my new email in the New Email file, Before you put it in the Old Email file? I do not see an option for this. Emails that I leave in my New Emails are usually left for a reason. I will come back & not be able to find them, & find them in my Old Email, even though I have remarked them as New. Many times I am unable to check my email regularly. I wish there was an option on how many days we can keep them New, Before they go into…

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. make blocked mail just go into the trash instead of the spam folder !

Why does blocked mail go to the spam folder and not the trash folder.. pretty stupid if You ask me...if one blocks it or uses phishing It should either not even show up or it should go to the trash folder. I have to delete the same emails from the same source every day... frustrating.

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. move to:

When moving email from Inbox to a Folder you have to scroll down the alphabetical "Move to" list to find the Folder you want. If there is a long list then it takes time to find it. Or you can guess on the scroll bar to get close but you still have to do some unnecessary scrolling. It would be cool if there were alphabetical Rolodex tabs next to the Folder list to get you close.

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. length of from field in spam folder

For some reason, all the folders, including inbox, trash, draft, and any custom folders, automatically adjust the "from" field to the length of the longest addressee's name, but spam folder does not, it has a standard (short) length and truncates all the addressees to that length. So everytime I go to the spam folder to review the spam emails, I have to manually adjust the "from" field length so I can see all the addressees in their entirety. Can you please in a future update change the folder opening routine for the spam folder to work the same way as…

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. How do copy Folders from AOL?

How do I copy my mail folders in AOL and send them to Gmail?

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base