AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. old mail

how can we restore the old mails? mine dissapeared

302nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Information Requested  ·  5 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Archive folder? Poorly utilized idea. Poor idea, at all.

Stop putting ANY new emails in the 'Archive' folder. It's nonsense. Get rid of any of these goofy ideas you received from sister yahoo!

422nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. email that goes into the 'old mail' folder

After reading an email, sometimes it goes into my 'old mail' folder. But, when I try to restore it to 'new mail', it's gone. Nowhere to be found. the email is GONE

422nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. My sent email folder is now empty, where did they go?

My sent email folder is now empty, where did they go?

422nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. sort

Add sort by "From" email to the "New" mail folder when using the "use New/Old style" mail layout. Sort by "From" works for spam folder, and all other folders but not "New" (or "Old", which I don't really need sorting for but other people may).

I get over 200 email a day and for over a year have been asking for the feature, BUT on deaf ears. --- MY WORK AROUND: To get around this I (1) select all mail in the New mail folder; (2) move them to a new / empty folder (e.g., "Temp New Mail"; (3) I…

422nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Requalification

In the Sent folder, the "To" column cannot be sorted. This just recently happened. But in the Inbox and Recently Deleted folders, the "To" column CAN be sorted. This is an AOL database problem, not an end user problem. No changes have occurred with the end user's web browser or software. AOL needs to perform a requalification of the OQ validation portion.

422nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make it work as it is supposed to work.

I used the 'Search for From/To' to select all emails from, for example, 'Jim'. Sure enough they appeared, seperated from 'New Mail'.

There were 999+ messages from Jim.

They were to be moved to 'Jim's Folder'.

AOL said; 'Only the first 1000 messages would be moved'

OK, Fair enough, move them please.

AOL Reports; '1000 messages moved to Jim, UNDO?'

I look in Jim's folder, to find that nothing has changed, or 11 have been moved or one has been moved.

Please fix it, keep it fixed, wasted a lot of time moving stuff to 'Folders' that don't get moved.

655th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. AOL stop the bias

Your hatefulness for the President Donald Trump keeps you more and more in the minority. We the people want are liberty returned to us.To the governors and Mayors, stop breaking the constitution of the U.S. and let freedom ring.

422nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. You can provide a way to mass an delete email folders. I have two folders full of emails I no longer need.

Allow customers to delete email folders with large amounts (thousands) of email stored with a single deletion.

422nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Tell us how to make changes to our folders?

Tell us how to make changes to our folders, how to delete, how to change titles etc.

422nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Implement a more user controllable bulk delete function

Let us bulk delete by sender, date(year, month, day), topic, etc. With over 12,000 emails in my inbox, other methods are tedious and exceedingly time consuming.

655th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. certain emails in AOL mail won't move from the old mail folder to the new mail folder

Certain emails in AOL mail won't move from the old mail folder to the new mail folder. I click on the e-mail than click "keep as new". It moves them but when I click on the new folder they aren't in there but they show back up in the old mail folder. This is the case with these particular emails from last year. When I get new emails and they move to the old mail folder I can move them back to the new folder and they stay here. The problem is just with these 8 specific emails.

655th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tired of moving my emails to a specific folder only to have them go to “Restore “ which I can NEVER find.

Please let people move emails to a specific folder THEY CHOOSE. Not some “restore “. Folder that can’t be found

655th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Eliminate 'Archive' folder. Superflous! Inherited from yahoo!

Stop putting New Mail in any folder other than New Mail or Spam! Why would I want new mail in a folder named 'Archive'? You have been putting my email notices of banking statements in various folders, often with the name of a different banking institution. Stop it!

REMOVE the 'Archive' folder, that's what the 'Saved Mail' folder is for.

655th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Delete the 'Archive' folder you put into my folder list without my permission. Why would I want any of my New Emails to go to and 'ARCHIVE'

Delete the 'Archive' folder you put into my folder list without my permission. Why would I want any of my New Emails to go to an 'ARCHIVE' ?

655th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 655th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When I did a search of a set of targeted emails for delete, the delete function deleted my emails in my IN BOX and not the targeted list.

Your AOL anywhere has a bug. Yesterday when I was trying to clean up my mails. I used a search of "HISTORY" to clear out a group of emails. I pulled out 900+ emails. I don't know why so many but realized that some emails were not meant to be deleted. So I went through the entire list of 900+ and uncheck all the ones I didnot want to delete before I deleted the emails. I usually then go to RECENTLY DELETED folder and permanently deleted some so when I do search again, it will not show up. The reason…

422nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bias??

Why are many of your news items biased against Mr. Trump. For example did you run an item giving the Dem background of the lawyer representing the accusers of him or his high court nominee???

655th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Notes

Why did my notes file on AOL mail when AT&T and Apple are my devices? Major security issues. Not does not identify my devices. What’s the deal here?

655th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Don't put Ads in Recently Deleted Folder. The ad covers up the content and you can't see what's in the folder when deleting the contents.

Don't put Ads in Recently Deleted Folder. The ad covers up the content and you can't see what's in the folder when deleting the contents.

655th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base