AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't like the "Old Mail" and "New Mail" folders. It's better having just one folder and let users delete the ones they don't want.

Don't like the "Old Mail" and "New Mail" folders. It's better having just one folder and let users delete the ones they don't want.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop deleting emails I "Save as New"

Stop deleting emails I "Save as New"

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Can you switch to unified mailbox, by going to Options (top right corner), select Mail Settings then General>Inbox Style, select ‘’Use Unified Inbox style’’ then click Save settings. Please let us know of the issue persists.

3. The recent update leaves old emails in my inbox

After the recent update some emails doggedly remain in my inbox and refuse to be moved - please fix

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. Our engineering team is working on a fix as we speak and the issue should be resolved soon. If you’re still experiencing problems in a few days please let us know so we can investigate further.

We hope this helps and appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

4. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Delete unwanted folder on PC

I found that I have a mail folder in AOL acct. that I did not create. I can't delete the folder. Any suggestions on how to delete it?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, I’m sorry to hear that! We’d like to further investigate this, can you message us directly on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook on our AOL Customer Care page? In case you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.aol.com

Thank you!

6. sent mail disappeared

Today, 4.22.21, I had to reload aol mail on my iphone 7 because it kept requesting a password. I never had to enter a password for aol on my iphone 7. After deleting the aol user account and reloading aol user account on the phone, the old SENT mail from my aol disappeared.
    Is there anyway to recover the old SENT mail? The rest of files look ok.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. No folders seen on the app - WHY?

I used to be able to see my AOL folders on the app, but not any more. Can access from my tablet. FIX THIS PLEASE.

AOL email now looks like Yahoo email, and I have NOT synced these.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, I’m happy to help! Can you tap on the ’’Saved’’ drop down on the folders list, you should be able to see the missing folders there. If you encounter any issues, you can message us directly on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook on our AOL Customer Care page. In case you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.aol.com

8. RECENT UPDATES HAVE CAUSED TO MANY PROBLEMS LEAVE ARE OLD MAIL SETTING ALONE

RECENT UPDATES HAVE CAUSED TO MANY PROBLEMS LEAVE ARE OLD MAIL SETTING ALONE

Same here I have saved folders for different bills and they showed up in my old mail 2354 emails from 2018 to 2020 they are forcing us to use their new set up of no old mail file They need to leave well enough alone I DO NOT LIKE THIS NEW SET UP AT ALL do this and it should help
    Switch to the Unified Inbox view
    article type icon
    Learn how to switch your Inbox from the New/Old Inbox style to the Unified Inbox style.

The…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. Our engineering team is working on a fix as we speak and the issue should be resolved soon. If you’re still experiencing problems in a few days please let us know so we can investigate further.

We hope this helps and appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

9. Folders

I would like to know if there is a way to create Main Folders that can contain subfolders? I have so many folders, I would like to be able to group them by subject, much like the desk top to windows.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Currently we do not off a sub folder feature. I will be sure to pass this along to our product team for future consideration.

AOL Support

10. Mail disappeared

I'm pretty sure all my old mail is now in spam. Why? And old mail only goes back a month. I need some of the older ones. Where are they?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can find the list of contact and see available options for your account on https://help.aol.com/contact If you prefer to speak directly to a Customer Care Representative, to get real-time answers to your questions, please call AOL Customer Support team at 1-800-827-6364 Monday – Friday (8 AM – 1 AM ET,) and Saturday  (8 AM – 10 PM ET.)

11. Similar to Block email, please create Alert email setup page to redirect emails into a temp folder

Similar to Block email, please create Alert email setup page to redirect new emails into a temp , junk or user created folder name.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

You can “filter” incoming mail in AOL Mail to make certain emails go directly into the folders where you want them — or, to make unwanted mail from specific senders go straight into Trash or Spam. Note: You can create up to 50 filters. Here’s how to set up Filters and Alerts: 1. In the upper-right corner next to your Username, click the down arrow, and then click Mail Settings. 2. In the left panel, click Filters and Alerts, and then click the Create filter button in the middle of the page. 3. The “Create Filter” window opens. Give your Filter (or Alert) a name, and fill in as much detail as you’d like. 4. Under “Look for incoming messages matching all of the following,” define the criteria for the filter. That is, the emails that the filter will capture. 5. Under “Do the following with matched messages,” click the…

12. AOL isn't Syncing with Outlook Any More

Since a recent "upgrade" I'm noticing that not all my new or read email is being uploaded to Outlook on my or my wife's computer. I don't see a pattern about which ones are skipped. But on my Android cell phone using GMAIL app I get all of them, but not on our computers.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please delete and re-add your account in Outlook. The incoming and outgoing mail servers require SSL enabled for all ports, and also the username field in the account setup, needs to contain your full email address.

In case your server settings are correct, open the link below (and sign in if necessary), and make sure the option “Allow apps that use less secure sign-in” is turned ON.

login.aol.com/account/security

After this turning ON this option, check if your mail application is able to connect. If the problem persists, verify if the “Two-step verification” option on the Account Security page (the URL above) is turned ON or OFF.

In case this feature is turned ON, you will have to create a unique application-specific password for each one of your email applications, by following the steps from the section titled “How do I set up 2-step verification?” from the following article: help.aol.com/articles/2-step-verification-s.

13. why can't I restore mail that is sitting in Recently Deleted??? I select the email, then click on restore, and it doesn't work

Why can't I restore a Recently Deleted email?? I select the email, click on restore, and it disappears for a moment, then reappears as Recently Deleted. Is

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Creating folders in AOL

I do not want to pay an additional $4.99 just so I can upgrade and add new folders. If this continutes, I will just switch my email and cancel my subscription.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please bring back the "Old Mail" folder so the mail that has been read will automatically go to that folder.

Please bring back the "Old Mail" folder so the mail that has been read will automatically go to that folder.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To use Old Mail folder please go to your AOL Mail inbox – Click Options | Mail Settings – Click the General tab, if not already there, next to “Inbox Style,” select Use New/Old style – Click Save Settings.

17. When you search for any emails how do filter OUT items that are in folders as you allow me to filter based on subject or to/from

I would like to have the option of how do I NOT have emails I have put in folders show up when I search. The only options I have been able to find when I use search is to reduce the list by subject or reduce the list by send to/from

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. After performing a mail search, you can refine the search and look for the results only from certain folders (e.g. Inbox, Sent). To do this, first perform a mail search, then click on the ‘Refine’ button on the top right corner of the mail list, and select the folder for which you want to see the search results.

18. Why do the numbers for saved, archive, so forth, not reflect actual numbers. My archive reads 12, there are 60. Saved 175. Are over 1000

Why do the numbers for saved, archive, so forth, not reflect actual numbers. My archive reads 12, there are 60. Saved 175. Are over 1000

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The numbers that show up next to your folders are counting the unread emails from that folder, not the entire content of the folder.

Hope this answeres your question.

19. I wish to discontinue Gmail and import those folders and mail to AOL

I wish to discontinue gmail and import those mails and folders to AOL, also forward from gmail to aol.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Print Folders

I use Firefox for my AOL today because the AOL Gold is terrible.It would be nice if I could print a selected group of e-mail headings. I just need one line per e-mail.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base