AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Folders missing

With the new sucky release, alot of my folders disappeared. I need them ASAP.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restore my Inbox Email messages!!!!

All of the messages in my Inbox disappeared at about 8:15PM EST tonight 9/14/21. I waited on hold for about 45 minutes for help and was told my messages are recoverable, but I would have to sign up for a technical support plan in order to get them restored!??!! WHAT?!?!?! Come on...stop holding my messages ******* and put them back in my Inbox!!!! **@aol.com

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. old email folder is gone

Why is the "Old Mail" folder deleted from my sorting abilities? How can it be reinstated? I spent hours with an online AOL tech and also trying to reset myself. It appears that AOL decided to sort our personal emails without our permission?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mobile App Folders

What have you done to my Folders in the Mobile App? What a mess you have made. Fix them ... put the folders back where I had them. I want the mobile app and the PC version to be identical.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Items that I had in folders are now in my new items box and will not transfer back to the folders.

Items that I had in separate folders are now in my new items box and will not transfer back to the folders.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why is all my filed emails now in my in emails?

Everything that I have placed from my inbox of emails into folder's are now back in my inbox as new emails, why?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Why did the name of my AOL Trash folder change to Recently Deleted on my google browser but not my Edge browser

Why did the name of my AOL Trash folder change to Recently Deleted on my google browser but not my Edge browser

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. selecting radio boxes in email, keep them selected

When going down the list of emails in any folder, and selecting the radio button of emails that are destined to be remove, if I accidently miss a radio button, it takes me into the email, when I exit the email, all the radio buttons I've selected are now unselected, forcing me to do this all over again. Please keep the radio buttons active or selected, until I force an action on them.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AOL Web mail, saved mail and archive folders, mobile and desktop, !=

First some idiots updated mobile web email so "Saved Mail" sorted down out of its fixed top position into the S's, but desktop still had it pinned up top. Then they added an Archive folder to both and an Archive button to mobile, but on desktop web forgot to pin the Archive folder to the top or add the Archive button. I discovered I could delete "Saved Mail" on the mobile app, and started using Archive as my temp sort folder (who needs two uncontrolled folders). I had to name my favorite folder, for example from 000-first to "As 000-first",…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Give us the ability to make sub_folders

I'm sure that this is not a new suggestion, but I'm just raising it again to ensure that AOL realise that this is still a significant issue for users :(

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. FAVORITES folder

When I try to bring up my FAVORITES folder it takes me to a promotional page first instead of going directly to FAVORITES. I have to click on GET STARTED to bring up FAVORITES or get out of the promotional page and click on FAVORITES again to bring it up. I would like to go directly to my FAVORITES page without the hassle.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. OPTION FOR NO, NONE, GET RID OF SPAM FOLDER!!!!

I WANT ALL MY MAIL GOING TO ONE FOLDER ! LIKE ITU USED TO WHEN I FIRST HAD AOL IN 1998.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Manage mail folders.

Need a way to delete mail folders that are not used or needed.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mail Message SIZE

I would like to be able to quickly locate large bloated emails (size) so that I can delete them to reduce my space usage. Could you please add a size field column to view and sort by in the email list window.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Disabling links in spam is counter-productive

I get that you don't want people accidentally clicking to malicious sites, but part of how I determine if a message is spam or legit is to hover over the links and see if what pops up matches the text I'm hovering over. I can't do that if you're "disabling" all the links. I end up having to mark it as "not spam" in order to figure out if it is spam. Does that make sense?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. old mail

how can we restore the old mails? mine dissapeared

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  9 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Lost transfers to a chosen folder

Frequently when I wish to save an email to chosen folder, I get msg that the email has been moved, BUT IT HAS NOT BEEN MOVED... BUT APPEARS IN THE TRASH FOLDER !! Sometimes a save results in the email removal from the list (good action), while most of the time it REMAINS IN THE LIST!! Leads to a doubted action, low confidence in system software!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. All email folders showing up on my Samsung Galaxy9

All my folders dont show up on my Samsung Galaxy 9 phone. Under all folders it only has the standard folders. The ones I have on my AOL email on laptop are there?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Your new format is horrible! You lost an entire folder for my business!! P

My idea? Put the previous version of aol back, I want my business folder back!! No heads up you were going to change anything. This new format is NOT user friendly!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base