AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Where is the "Check status" option on my sent mail?

Where is the "Check status" option on my sent mail?

19th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  62 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like AOL to have a "read receipt" option. I send e-mail that I wish I could get a receipt that the person I sent it to opened it.

I would like AOL to have a "read receipt" option. I send e-mail that I wish I could get a receipt that the person I sent it to opened it.

44th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 240th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Domain name

How do you get all of your emails to show the domain as @aol.com not @netscape.net?

240th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Separate SEND from SAVE please

please separate the SEND from the SAVE -- it is too easy to accidentally hit SEND instead of SAVE... so annoying.

240th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. having multiple "send from" email address

how or can I have multiple "send from address". I can use my main email address (somehow have a random email option in my send from) but would like options for another email address I own. can this be done in one account?

102nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. disable auto send

It would be great if the automatic send feature (Ctrl+Enter) could be disabled. Just sent something by mistake while typing the email.

240th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. E-mails

The new method for attaching addresses is not an improvement. One must now scroll the through all addresses alphabetically to locate an addressee. If the person's last name begins with a "W", you need to scroll through all addressees "A through V" to get to the "W's". You used to be able to highlight the "W" and then scroll to find your desired addressee. Much easier!

140th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stop the "Control-Enter" method of sending email.

I'm very tired of having my reply sent before I'm ready because I hit "control-enter" by mistake while typing. I would very much like this characteristic of the system to go away, or at least have the option to disable it. Mousing over to the "send" button would be my only preferred way to send a message.

240th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sending emails from aol to cell phones.

Will we ever be able to sent emails to cell phones again?????

240th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. how to delete auto fill emails?

how to delete autofill emails. when typing email names, auto fill enters emails names I do not want to send emails to

180th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Forwarding Several from My Inbox

I would like to forward several e-mails at one time from my Inbox to a work e-mail address. Currently, I can only forward one at a time, but with 60 e-mails a day in my AOL Inbox, this gets very tedious. I could understand a reasonable limit on the most that can be forwarded at one instance, but a limit of 'one' is not reasonable.

85th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need an option to Delete a Sent Item

Some networks allow users to delete a sent item before it is opened.
    Since the "Save Draft" and "Send" buttons are next to each other, we need an "Unsend" button.

140th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. HAVE A FEATURE TO SCHEDULE A DATE AND TIME FOR MAIL TO BE SENT

instead of just clicking on to send later, actually have a feature where we can set date and time to be sent and when that date and time comes, the mail is sent automatically

140th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mail Away Message Area - create a window there for customization without being away

Regarding the mail away message area - please create a window there for the user's customization without being away. Thank you.

115th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base