AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How do I download a photo from AOL to my laptop downloads?

I used to be able to take a photo on my phone & send it to my AOL & download it on my laptop. The "attachments' window is missing on updated AOL. HOW do I download photos from AOL??

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Could you please message us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at AOL Customer Care? We'd like to look more into the issue you're experiencing. In case you do not have a social media account, we are also available at: https://help.aol.com/contact/

Looking forward to your reply! 

Thank you, 

AOL team

2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Could you please message us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at AOL Customer Care? We'd like to look more into the issue you're experiencing. In case you do not have a social media account, we are also available at: https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you, 

AOL team

3. Help!! Can no longer open MSWord and other documents attached to e-mails. I used to do it for years!

Allow opening documents from the e-mails without having to save them 1st on my desktop.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

4. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

5. I can't download attachments anymore on Aol.com. It requires a Mail App. Which would be great if there was one for iphone

Suddenly I can't download an attachment to an email on AOL.com. Both on my Mac and WIndows PC. But I can view it fine on an iphone app like "Email". Unforunately the main Mail app on the Iphone isn't compatible with AOL anymore since last year, and it seems no one at AOL cares

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

6. How does a Person I know keep attaching a Gmail account to my personal AOL account I keep deleting the Gmail account and then two Weeks it’s

How do I prevent a person I know from attaching or forwarding a Gmail account onto my personal AOL email I delete Gmail account and then a few weeks later there’s just another one again the last part changes the number same name and then 49 same name and then 50@gmail.com and then it’s attached to my AOL email and they can get all my emails I don’t understand how this is so easy and it keeps happening

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

7. What happened to the printer ICON!! I cannot print an old e-mail. Also cannot open 2nd PDF PRINT>

If you could put back Printer ICON so to print an e-mail. 2nd issue. I cannot print a 2nd PDF. Does no show "OPEN FILE" cannot print.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue! We'd like to help, please send us a private tweet at @AOLSupportHelp, message us on Facebook at AOL Customer Care or in case you do not have a social media account, our support team is available at https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you!

8. Allow it to easier save to the computer hard drive.

Why can't I save to my computer hared drive? Your site says there is a tab for that be I can't see it or find it. I prefer Thunderbird but since getting pressed into AOL, it has been a mess. Verizon took a good thing and now it is slightly and I mean slightly useful.
    And your drop down did not include email.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

9. I can only download one item at a time from emails. If there are more than one item, I have to close the window, reopen it and down load eac

I can only download one item at a time from emails. If there are more than one item, I have to close the window, reopen it and down load each successive item at a time.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

10. Location

Why is my location always come up as NY ? I live in Florida, and have to edit my location every time I go on aol to Florida to see the weather.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Unable to open attachments

Why am I unable to open attachments? When I get an email with an attachment, I have to forward it to my gmail address to open and read it. Also why have my downloads been cancelled? Please let me know how to resolve these problems.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, I’m sorry to hear that! We’d like to further investigate this, can you message us directly on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook on our AOL Customer Care page? In case you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.aol.com

Thank you!

12. I cannot open attachments through my AOL mail

I get an error message:

Your connection is not private
    Attackers might be trying to steal your information from apis.mail.aol.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
    NET::ERRCERTCOMMONNAMEINVALI

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, I’m sorry to hear that! We’d like to further investigate this, can you message us directly on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook on our AOL Customer Care page? In case you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.aol.com

Thank you!

13. Yahoo text's to my email are blocked/marked dangerous

Yahoo Texts I get daily as email from a friend are now being marked as DANGEROUS and blocked. Even old emails I was able to read weeks prior or just yesterday. Usually, these warnings give you the ability to bypass the warning and read the email but not this time. I am able to read using Gmail and Opera.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you!

14. HOW CAN I DOWNLOAD FAXES

HOW DO I DOWNLOAD COPIES OF FAXES ...WHEN WAITING FOR YOU.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you!

15. Cannot sens emails with attachments ?

For the past two days I cannot send emails with attachments and get a silly message to "Try later" there is NO later.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you!

16. why amazon.prime asked me to sign in for my sent attachments?

today I cannot set out email with attachments. Because Amazon.prime said I am not their member. You do not send out my email with attachments like before? my email is

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you!

17. cannot add attachments

I cannot add attachments to my emails - this restriction is new and frustrating. How can I add attachments to my email - is there a setting that I must change? Thank you

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you!

18. I have a new phone, moto g power. I cannot download attachments from the Samsung browser version of AOL Mail

Please do not ask me to download the app version.
    I primarily use the Samsung Browser app, I got a new phone but now when I tried to download an important email attachment, I get a popup of an about:blank page and nothing happens. Strangely, if I request the desktop version of the site, rather than the standard mobile view, the download works! It also works normally on Chrome browser. I have no idea if this is a problem with Aol, the moto go phone, or with Samsung Browser itself. I am covering all bases and asking for AOL's thoughts…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you!

19. attaching doesn't work

Attaching doesn't work. Can't attach things to email. Get a message Technical Problem

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Support Request  ·  0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. My attachments now include the source of the attachment, giving the file a super long name.

How can I get rid of this? The attachments now include the source of the attachment and say: c:drive/usernamecharlyp123ect,ect. Is there a way to remove this? Thanks!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base