AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. i have just complained about the block senders facility on AOL being absolutely useless as it doesn't block email addresses and i now have t

THanks AOL for this and continuing to allow these parasites to infiltrate mine and others personal email addresses and passwords. This is becoming a pain in the **** and I now have to inform not blocked and genuine people who email me of my GMAIL address as you can't be trusted to look after mine and others accounts. I complained about my anger, when discovering an email address I have already blocked, and others when I looked more closely. Since I complained I have received a **** of a lot more than normal. Have you done this on purpose?????

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Could you please message us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at AOL Customer Care? We'd like to look more into the issue you're experiencing. In case you do not have a social media account, we are also available at: https://help.aol.com/contact/

Looking forward to your reply! 

Thank you, 

AOL team

2. I don't have an idea, just a question

Is the current email about AOL important information real--I don't know whether to open it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Could you please message us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at AOL Customer Care? We'd like to look more into the issue you're experiencing. In case you do not have a social media account, we are also available at: https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you, 

AOL team

3. Spam filter tab is missing

Spam filter tab is not showing up and I wanted to make sure this was set correctly because I'm getting a ton of unfiltered spam on my iphone. Used to be there, and no its just gone.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

4. Why is my accounts so screwed up, disgusted with AOL

Why does 99% of my mail go to spam or trash? Why do I pay for such bull and never get any help from AOL? As a charted member you are failing members.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

5. Bulk Mail folder is now subfolder in Thunderbird Trash, cannot be moved

Before I understood the relevance of the AOL Bulk Mail folder when using Thunderbird I deleted it into the Trash folder (it cannot be deleted from Trash). The Bulk Mail folder still works fine there but I would like to move it out of the Trash, but AOL will not allow that. How can I clean this up? I completely reset my Thunderbird data so it appears to be an AOL issue. Can someone at AOL remove the Bulk Mail folder from the Trash folder on the server?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

6. The ********** filter does not work you sorry AOL *****!

The ********** filter does not work you sorry AOL *****!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

7. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

8. Block all senders except for contacts

I see I am not the only one with this problem but what is the point of Block all senders except for contacts? You clearly are not trying to implement this! Not only the fact that you refuse to do what you say you are going to do but also the fact that you refuse to engage with your customers about this too. Sort It out!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

10. Cannot unblock legitimate email

Emails from my organization are being blocked by your spam filter and I cannot find a way to unblock them. Your selection to mark as "not spam" applies only to that one email. Selecting "Block all senders except contacts" is unacceptable because it'll block all the other legitimate emails that I don't have in contacts.

What I need is a way to unblock all messages from that sender or that domain. This is really basic stuff. How do I do this?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

11. I would like to know more about what kind of extra security I can get if I pay but I can’t talk to anyone because I don’t pay. Crazy?

I would like to know more about what kind of extra security I can get if I pay but I can’t talk to anyone because I don’t pay. Crazy isn’t it?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

12. Ad emails originating from AOL

As a paying subscriber, I was told one of the benefits of a this level of service is that I wouldn't receive advertising emails/ad campaigns sponsored by AOL. This is not spam coming from outside services but full-color emails coming from companies that pay AOL to sponsor. I can tell the difference.

This needs to stop as it distracts me from my real email and annoying. Please end this practice.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

13. block sender doesn't work

Make the things already there actually work
    Block sender and filter mail fail repeatedly to do as advertised!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue! We’d like to look into this, please message us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp, on Facebook at AOL Customer Care or at help.aol.com.

Thank you,
    AOL Mail team

14. Spam filters have collapsed.

All of sudden today 1/11/22, inbox is loaded with Spam. Many are auto added to my contacts list also, which is extra work to delete. Sounds like a failed update to email?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

15. Do I need to get the same popup every time I try to check my email?

When I go to AOL, I just want to check my inbox. I don't want to have to close a popup every single time

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue! We'd like to help, please send us a private tweet at @AOLSupportHelp, message us on Facebook at AOL Customer Care or in case you do not have a social media account, our support team is available at https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you!

AOL Mail team

16. Emails in Spam Folder, when deleted go to Recently Deleted Folder. Why????

Emails in Spam Folder, when deleted go to Recently Deleted Folder. Why????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue! We'd like to help, please send us a private tweet at @AOLSupportHelp, message us on Facebook at AOL Customer Care or in case you do not have a social media account, our support team is available at https://help.aol.com/contact/

Thank you!

AOL Mail team

17. I've been hacked!

I believe my account was hacked. I changed my password but an email was sent to hundreds of recipients from me. How can this happen? He sent this email to people that are related to me but not in my contact list. How is this possible? Like I've said, I have since changed my password but I don't want this to happen again.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you!

18. Hacked mail support instructions in adequate - need to clear filters - better guidance needed

"what to do when hacked?" answer is inadequate - change filter needed - no guidance provided. Left me vulternable for hours thinking I took the right step. No where to report problem without a half hour tech support hold

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

19. is AOL trying to get us to UPGRADE to get rid of all the spam?

i have had AOL since the 90's for my e-mail-for the last month or 2-i am getting about 60 SPAM e-mails a day and NOTHING in the SETTINGS changes it-it says CALL TO UPGRADE-maybe that's why AOL is letting/sending all this-so we have to pay to UPRADE to get rid of it?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

AOL team

20. When I delete spam on one of my computers, why doesn't it erase spam on all my computers?

When I delete spam on one of my computers, why doesn't it erase spam on all my computers?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base