AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

How can we improve AOL Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ordering emalis

I have the basic version of aol mail ( Free version) and used to be able to order my emails by From, subject , date etc.
    However, now I am only able to order my emails by date and not any other column. Is this because I have the free version of AOL mail?

7th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

244 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be most helpful to have filters for new mail, unread mail, flagged, unflagged, attachments like you have on the aol app.

It would be most helpful to have filters for new mail, unread mail, flagged, unflagged, attachments like you have on the aol app. Management of my email without these filters is quite cumbersome. You used to have them. Please include them in the next (hopefully very soon) update. Thank you!

35th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. why do u post stories & when u click on them it has nothing to do with the subjecct matter that u went to c

why do u post stories & when u click on them it has nothing to do with the subject matter that u went to c it *** & I dont even bother anymore.

25th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hey AOL - how about less emphasis on ads, and more attention to your customers?

It is extremely frustrating to have to put up with no less than 4 full screens of advertising just to actually get to my Email!! Separating the Login screen from the Password screen, just so AOL can sell more ad revenue, wastes my time, slows the process and is very annoying. Also, I notice constant problems with email loading and navigation, but those stupid, annoying banner ads always come right up!!

31st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How do I stop from closing an email when I just scroll back towads to top of it?

Let me turn off the auto close of email just because I scroll up on the email.

132nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Email list goes back to top

When I open an email (clicking from the emails in the list), it reverts back to the top of the new messages list. Then I have to scroll all the way back to where I was. That is really a problem if going back many pages of new mail. It may be difficult to find the place again. Would be nice of you could go through mail and read one by one staying in place where you wer in the list

132nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Help system process

Since I have been with you over 20 years as a UK user, I can safely say you need to address a Help system which will not restore a suddenly inaccessible account using your automated 'do this, now do that....oops still we can't sign you in' approach.
    It would have taken less screen time to have called as we used to be able to, even with the extraordinary wait entailed - but this is just ineffective cost saving on your part.
    Restoring a client email address is surely a fundamental part of an email service, is it not? Needless to…

225th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. aol email search should default to 'and' for multiple words

AOL email search gets more hits with two words, not less, so searching for terms like "aol private wifi" selects almost every email! Search hit lists should be 'and' not 'or', the intersection of sets not the union of sets.

225th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 225th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. searching for one email only

please give us back the ability to search through our emails alphabetically. Why has that disappeared? Bloody inconvenient when trying to search back to find one email. That was a much easier way to zero in on one email. The ability to search only by date is unworkable.

168th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. recently deleted needs an option

add option to choose when recently deleted mail gets permanently deleted. i feel like it deletes to soon

168th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Give us back the desktop software.

You had a really good desktop program and now it's almost like any other web based server.

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mass delete using search

We should be able to search for keywords and delete all emails associated with one click. That was the case before.

168th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. back button

Back button bails you out of mail so you have to log in again, please find a way to fix this....I have to relog in several times a session.

168th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. include social media sites with ads

why not include social media into mail with family ads? i'd buy into that!

225th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please after I erase a message from my inbox take me to the next message (like it was before) Do not take me to Inbox preview.

Please after I erase a message from my inbox take me to the next message (like it was before) Do not take me to Inbox preview.
    It used to be like this.

168th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base