AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PPlease return the "block emails containing these words" filter - IT WORKED -y remove it?

Return the spam setting for blocking emails that contained specific words. I have NO IDEA why you would remove it - and looking at all of the exact same complaints I don't know why you would not have returned it to spam setting. Adding the email address does nothing because they just send **** with a new address -why should I pay you for this inconvenience? I accept better for my money.

12th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  39 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why doesn't AOL "remember" me?

Why doesn't AOL "remember" me. I click "keep me signed in", which supposedly is teh replacement for "remember me". But I also later sign out, of course. It doesn't remember me when I return.

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please reconfigure MAIL so that unread, or marked unread mail, can be aggregated together easily.

Please reconfigure MAIL so that unread, or marked unread mail, can be aggregated together easily.

73rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatically delete emails that older than 60 days

Allow individuals to set a time after which emails would be deleted, i.e. 60 days.

46th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 180th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Verification Code Problems

Please once again accommodate landline phones as backup contacts for your verification codes and similar communications. I live in a mobile phone dead spot, so more than half the time, I can't receive calls or texts to my mobile phone. Also I can't always access the backup email addresses that you offer as options.

I want and need to be able for you to call my landline with your verification codes and other communications.

140th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 240th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Changes to 'Today on AOL' news feed

When I open a news item on Today in AOL it changes to a page that does not allow me to open any photos and has awful music playing or someone talking about a totally different subject than the news I want to read.
    I hate the new changes. If there is no way to change this I'm off to Yahoo.
    After 23 years of being a faithful AOL customer maybe it's time to move on!!!!

57th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Viewing deleted Mail

Can't view old deleted mail back more than a week, Would like to be able to view mail in trash folder back farther than 7 days.

240th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Users Responsibility For Their Account Passwords

I am sick of your ***** system not allowing users to set my password to what they want by giving ***** notices saying "Your new password is too similar to your previous password" or other such messages. I understand that you do this for security, but as the account owner I want to set my password to what I want and so long as I have not been hacked my password is still safe no matter what it is even if it was the exact same as the previous password. STOP MAKING THINGS MORE DIFFICULT FOR USERS BECAUSE YOU WANT…

240th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Delete all read mail at once

All mail to be deleted at once after read

180th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Automatically delete email with keywords

We should have a setting that will allow us to have emails automatically deleted if they contain certain words.

240th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2FA - Google Authenticator/Authy

Two-Factor Auth that is not tied to a phone number... like Google Authenticator or Authy support. It's too easy for a malicious actor to port one's phone number and reset the password for an account via an SMS message. PLEASE enable better security by supporting one of the aforementioned apps.

180th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Downloading Saved Mail?

You use to let people save the old mail to our systems if we liked. I would like to save my old mail to my system and not have to get on yours system every time I am looking for some thing in my old mail and use up the space that you give me for old mail on your system.

57th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Delete spam in say 30 days.

I would like an automatic spam deletion in about 30 days.

180th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Saving emails on my PC

Why can't I save my emails to my PC and not have to sign in if I want to read one I saved. The old system was so much smoother and easy to use. Thanks.

73rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please tell me how I can keep recently deleted mail for a week - sometimes I inadvertently delete, and can't recover. Thanks

Create a setting for keeping deleted mail for a desired amount of time.
    Sometimes, mail is inadvertently deleted, and never able to recover.

115th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Every single time I come over here I have to change from the standard to basic setting. Isn't there a way for you to save my preference?

It is MUCH easier to maneuver in the inbox in the basic/accessible setting than in the standard setting. Every single time I come to the inbox I change it to the basic/accessible setting and yet every single time you change it back. Isn't there something that can be done to save my preferences? This is getting real old real fast.

85th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Filter Settings

Please allow multiple options on "Filter Settings"

Example: Each field (from, to, ..)

115th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. You are still have bugs with Russia phone numbers!!!! I don't know how to make you fix this, I had written you few years ago about this

I don't know how to make you fix this, I had written you few years ago about this. Russian's phone prefix is +7, and phone number looks like +7(989)1234567. But you stubbornly add "8", and after that phone number looks like +7 8 (989)1234567. It's so disappointed! Fix this please!!!

240th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base