AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop deleting email from my trash folder.

I want you to stop deleting my emails from my trash folder. I place them there to get them out of my inbox, but that does not mean I am ready for them to disappear. You took 100's of my inbox emails and disposed of them in my trash folder, and then AOL deleted them. Until I figured out what happened, it was now too late to recover. I pay for this service and should have every right to keep what I want for as long as I want. Would you please remove or allow us to turn off the…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

By default, both the Trash and Spam folders empty automatically to keep your account tidy. You cannot change the Trash and Spam settings.

Trash deletion frequency – Trash is deleted after 7 days.
    Spam deletion frequency – Spam is deleted after 30 days.

2. Problems with instructions on third party app password creation

Received an email regarding the need to change how third party app (such as Apple iPhone mail or Thunderbird) would login to retrieve AOL mail. The instruction suggests the creating of an app password to be used by the third party app. The problem with the instruction (on https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in) is that under Thunderbird step 4 stated "Remove Account" --if you do this you will lose all your previous emails in that box. I have important sensitive business mail I need to preserve so this method won't work for me (i.e. removing account and creating a new one).

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

As we all know, technology is continuing to change and improve. While the connection you have been using may still work and was once the best, a better, more secure option is available. Basic auth is an older authentication method. A more secure authentication method called OAuth2 is now available. To ensure your account remains secure, we are requiring all applications to support OAuth2.

We recommend using the AOL Mail website and AOL email app so we can ensure you’re always using the most secure sign-in technology when accessing your email.

If you prefer to continue accessing your AOL email on your current third-party email application, including the default email application on your mobile phone, please see details below on how to ensure it’s syncing with the latest secure sign-in method: https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in

You can reach out to Thunderbird support to help you with their app’s settings or you…

3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email address hacked?

I'm sending email to friends who tell me the email address they are seeing is not mine (mine is *@verizon.net and they are geting some odd address *@verizon.net) - wondering if I've been hacked? Wondering what I should do?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is your email alias, which was automatically created when your Verizon email account was setup.

The alias in no way changes your user name and does not create a new mailbox; it becomes the mailing name associated with your primary account and is immediately ready to use in order to send and receive email on.

To setup your default Send From address in AOL Mail, open the Compose window then click the drop down arrow from your email address. If you need additional assistance, please contact us at help.aol.com

5. message on AOL

Why am I suddenly receiving this message on AOL, never been a problem before ?
    Video Not Available
    Unfortunately, this video is not available in your region.
    RS-100-202

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Where is your password manager that creats secure, random generated password AND remembers them (Like benefit LastPass)rs them

Where is your password manager that creats secure, random generated password AND remembers them (Like benefit LastPass)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mail Settings

I can't get into my mail setting to stop my out of office message. So now people still think I'm out of office. How do we get that fixed?
    V**

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. stupid aol

Get rid of thr ******* UK setting, when i am located in the USA..What the heck is wrong with you dummies?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you see incorrect local information (such as the news or weather for a different location) on your Welcome Screen, you may want to verify your location is correct. This can be done by making sure your correct City, State is in the top left of your Welcome Screen.

If it is not, please click “Update Your Location” under Local News and Weather, enter your Zip Code and press Save.

If this does not work, please clear your cache, cookies, and history.
    Here is an article for instructions: http://aol.it/1KTJUg6
    Then try adding in your Zip Code again.

9. i dont want to see the news on my homepage.

I dont want to see the news on my homepage. I dont want to see shooting after shooting just to check my email. More is going on in the world than violence. How do I change this?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there! You can always go to mail.aol.com to access your mailbox directly. If you encounter any issues, you can message us directly on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook on our AOL Customer Care page. In case you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.aol.com

10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I am currently finding that when I restart my computer and go to aol.com, I am still signed in.

Prior to the last few weeks, when I closed my email and restarted my computer, I would not be signed in to AOL when I went to aol.com.

Fix this. It is ridiculous to keep me signed in unless I specifically log out. You are creating an extra step for me to close my email and keep it safer.

I click on Mail to sign in to my email. I don't click in to Log In. I don't know what the difference is, but there must be one as you offer both options.

Again, fix this. Why make it more…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop Logging me off, why has that started happening constantly?

Stop automatically logging me off constantly

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Synchronisation with my other accounts

Can I connect my yahoo and gmail accounts to AOL mail? I mean to receive all the emails sent to yahoo and gmail in my AOL inbox. I am planning to stay aside from my gmail and yahoo accounts some time later and will go on with AOL only. However, I have to keep them active for at least 4 months.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need to correct My Display Name

My display name is something I did not choose. it looks like a cat went across the keyboard and I have tried for a number of years to change it but nothing I do works. Can anyone help?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The Email Setting needs to be fixed, it does not take changes & will not set the font change nor color.

When want to change Font size or color, I cannot save it on Setting. It keeps just sitting there & won't click.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow the user to change the color of font for read and unread emails to allow the user quicker recognition of emails.

Allow the user to change inbox settings such as font color for read and unread emails. As I am getting older bold black blends with black and is hard to recognize when I am looking for a certain email. Allow the user to change the color of read and unread so they can find emails faster.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

If you are seeing too many communication from a particular site there are a few things you can do. Once you can mark them as spam. This will them place any incoming emails from that party into spam folder https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-mail-spam-and-privacy. If you wish to still view these emails but would like less in your inbox I would suggest setting up a filter to have them delivered to a designated folder of your choosing. https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-mail-mail-settings

AOL Product Support

20. Mail Away Message not Working

My mail away message is not working and tried to work it out with technicians.
    Tried to send test mails from other accounts and check if a mail away message will arrive-none.
    Been experiencing this for days now. This feature worked before but now, it doesn't.

Please contact me for further assistance. My phone number: 908-370-1468. Please notify me via email as well: msamoilowmca@aol.com Best time to call: between 9am - 5pm East Coast Time.

Hoping for the best response!

All the best

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the delay, We are working and should have an update this week which will fix the auto responder for away message.

Thank you for your patience

AOL Product Support

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base