AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Default font size

The default font for AOL Mail is 10 pt. How can I changew it to default to 12 pt.? As I get older, 10 pt. is just too small.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Font  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Thanks for your feedback. In order to change your font size please go to mail.aol.com, log in and then go to Options→ Mail Settings→ Compose and on Rich/HTML you can edit your font settings.

2. Font keeps changing while typing

My font changes on it's own while typing replies to emails.
    Also, at times , the recipient of my emails is receiving a jumbled
    mess. Words are scattered all over the place. This only happens when replying. This is so frustrating and embarrassing having to explain to clients why they received an email looking like it came from a 2 year old child!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a solution for you, please clear your browser history, cookies and cache here’s how: https://help.aol.com/articles/clear-cookies-cache-history-and-footprints-in-your-browser

Also, make sure that you have the latest version of the browser installed. You can try accessing your account on a different browser.

And you can increase or decrease the font size by holding down the “Ctrl” key and scroll down or up using the mouse wheel. Another method is holding down the “Ctrl” key and press “+” for increasing or “-” for decreasing. If you want to change the font size when composing emails please go to Options→Mail Settings→Compose→Rich Text / HTML.

3. You are using the wrong font size at the start of my emails.

When I start typing an email, the first few letters (usually 1 to 4 letters) come out in a larger font than the rest of the text. I always have to go back and retype those letters to get everything in the correct size. I have hunted through the mail options many times to try to find how to fix this bug. It is extremely frustrating. It has happened hundreds of times.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Please try to use another browser, like Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. If you still have the same issue on another browser, we would like to have a Mail Support Agent further investigate your account and settings, so please reach out to them at: aolmailquestions@aol.com.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base