AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

How can we improve AOL Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Listening to your subscribers

You only annoy people if you run controversial ads, like those for Planned Parenthood, that people find morally offensive

202nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is aol working on an app that will allow me to install my aol calendar on my android phone that will sync with my PC and vise versa

Is aol working on an app that will allow me to install my aol calendar on my android phone that will sync with my PC and vise versa

98th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. mark items as new even when read already

On then main 'New Mail' page when I have read an email but choose to keep it as new I need to know it is going to do that, Therefore either put a flad/tag to show it is being kept as new or revert it to new i.e. shown in bold.
    Thanks

125th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 125th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. need to be able to 'see' my password in my admin area---(not just black dots)...folks like me that may need to change to a different browser

Need to make visible in the admin area of my account a place to see my password...not just black dots..

If you don't understand my suggestion then you aren't experienced enough to understand the solution..

202nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug: Sorted folder loses sort when all marked and set to read.

To have a stable working set, i move all my incoming mail toa "Sorting" folder. Today it was set to sort by From. I clicked to check all and then set them all to 'read'. I lost my 'From' sort, had to click the header twice to regain the sort.

152nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Let me export all of my mail including separate folders!!

I would like to export all of my mail and all folders.

152nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Limitations on categories

Why are there only three categories in the calendar system (Personal, Birthday and Holidays). It would be beneficial to have others such as work, meetings and travel, etc. or at least a way to color the three categories differently.

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Aol has changed a simple access to enter into iPhones and iPads ones email

I'm confused here. AOL did something new and changed their algorithms to block access I've had for 25 years. Since I have multiple email addresses it was always easy to enter them into my iPhone. Now, if I hit "add account" it puts me into the sign up for aol which is not what I need. Before there were 4 lines of name, email address, password etc and we received check marks to show they were legit with AOL. Now we can't do that. What did you guys change????? It's messed up my iPhone and iPad unnecessarily . As the…

202nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Eliminate the necessity of deleting an email message 4 times.

Eliminate the necessity of deleting an email message 4 times. I delete a message once; I'm asked if I really, really want to delete the message; I answer "Yes." Then the message goes to the "Recently Deleted" folder. There I must delete it twice more. Who considers this an improvement ? I'm considering severing all my contact with AOL. Other browsers have reduced the number of times a person has to delete an email message.

125th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Why can't I edit the subject line in an email in my inbox?

It's really annoying that we can't edit the subject line in an email. For instance, my real estate agent sends emails with the subject line Properties of Interest". I would like to edit that to show which actual location the email is referring to.

152nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. stop sending us **** about what we have to sign up for, OATH, bs, more junk mail than ever, you sold our emails on the open market

stop sending us **** about what we have to sign up for, OATH, bs, more junk mail than ever, you sold our emails on the open market

125th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Forwarding Several from My Inbox

I would like to forward several e-mails at one time from my Inbox to a work e-mail address. Currently, I can only forward one at a time, but with 60 e-mails a day in my AOL Inbox, this gets very tedious. I could understand a reasonable limit on the most that can be forwarded at one instance, but a limit of 'one' is not reasonable.

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. how to delete auto fill emails?

how to delete autofill emails. when typing email names, auto fill enters emails names I do not want to send emails to

152nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mass delete using search

We should be able to search for keywords and delete all emails associated with one click. That was the case before.

202nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. scam

why do you allow the Dragons' Den bitcoin sacm to advertise on your mail home page?

152nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. stop sending request for daily location notifications

stop these annoying notifications

98th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 202nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sending emails from aol to cell phones.

Will we ever be able to sent emails to cell phones again?????

202nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fake Ads.

Please ensure that ads shown are genuine, I have just seen the Bit Coin / Dragons Den fake advert pop up.

202nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base