AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. User name & password accepted my AOL Mail, but not by Outlook. Why?

User name & password accepted my AOL Mail, but not by Outlook

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve log in procedures.

Why can I not log in to aol mail when using Norton safe search when I am required to confirm that i am not a robot, go through the process and then be told that 'I cannot log in at present'. I then use microsoft edge and log in straight away. Do you have an issue with Norton?

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Is AOL ever going to honor the Block All Senders Except Contacts? Dang 125 spam mails and 10 email from legitimate contacts.

Just activate the Block All Senders Except Contacts. If you're not going to honor it, then remove it.

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Rouge employee at AOL blocking everything with no concern to the terms.

This is a problem when you have a rouge employee blocking any and all comments left. I have read the terms and it is clear this employee is abusing their power. It makes me wonder if the employee is getting into private emails as well and hacking me. I would like to have a phone number of someone in charge to speak directly to them and a way to show the video of my example. I videoed what was happening in real time. I want this person fired and or charged.

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. AOL: You've Got Mail

Dear AOL

Please would you be kind enough to revert the voice mail: "You've Got Mail" back to the original better sounding voice?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

DR CLEMENT AKATENG MD

19th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. need access to contacts in the app to add contacts

need access to contacts to add and look up in the app

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mobile app doesn't have a spam folder

The mobile app needs a spam folder for legitimate emails that go there

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. today on AOL comments not accessible

I have difficulty accessing my comments on Today on AOL news items. I enjoy reading the variety of comments on news items, and often make a comment myself. However, when I find out that others have replied to my comment, I am unable to find those replies. In order to find them, I must scroll through thousands of comments, until I find my own. Why the change. It did not used to be this way.

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be helpful for those of us that have extra accounts to have the email address of the inbox you are at. at

It would be helpful for those of us that have extra accounts to have the email address at the top of the inbox you are at.

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Selecting Mails for deletion or otherwise and accidentally clicking on a Flag

Been with AOL (previously Netscape) for over 30 years :)

If a mail has a flag set (or not) you can select it and choose to delete it, mark as spam or move to a folder using the "more" tab.

This also applies to a number of mails you may choose to group together and it all works fine.

The problem is where you have selected a number of mails and then on the next mail selection you click the "Flag" instead of the "Select" box.

This results in this last mail being set as Flagged and all the prior…

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. make blocked mail just go into the trash instead of the spam folder !

Why does blocked mail go to the spam folder and not the trash folder.. pretty stupid if You ask me...if one blocks it or uses phishing It should either not even show up or it should go to the trash folder. I have to delete the same emails from the same source every day... frustrating.

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. move to:

When moving email from Inbox to a Folder you have to scroll down the alphabetical "Move to" list to find the Folder you want. If there is a long list then it takes time to find it. Or you can guess on the scroll bar to get close but you still have to do some unnecessary scrolling. It would be cool if there were alphabetical Rolodex tabs next to the Folder list to get you close.

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. stop reporting about COVID 19 so much

We the American people got the COVID shots at least 85 to 90% but because the other 10 percent hasn’t WE now have to read about booster shots variants and more out breaks GIVE US A Break already let us breath and enjoy our summer while being safe…enough enough enough my mom used to say if u don’t have anything nice to say ..say NOTHING…Vaccinating people was supposed to help now i feel stupid making the appointments.keeping the appointment feeling proud….yuk..shame on those miserable no life having individuals who like causing drama..allllllllll the time we want to travel and see…

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I cannot receive replies to my 'comments' on the AOL news page. There is a Green Dot by my initial. Why?

It's not an idea but a query. Why can I not receive comments on my AOL news posts?

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. searching body of old emails

We need to be able to search for a complete phrase (enclose in quotes), not just individual words. It is ridiculous that I still must read two or three times as many emails as necessary in order to find the exact phrase that was used. If Google can offer this search function, why can't AOL?

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Font size of To: and Subject Lines

To: and Subject lines should be same font as body of emal or be changeable in settings.

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. on screen notice for new mail

with my old program I got a on screen popup notice when I got new mail. This was great as it is important to reply fast before others. Would this be possible?

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base