AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. hovering over "From" entries should show the sender complete URL.

This is needed due to the huge number of fake messages containing as names legit places, but the real URL proves them to be fakes for phishing. AOL had it for a while but now it is lost.

688th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Viewing deleted Mail

Can't view old deleted mail back more than a week, Would like to be able to view mail in trash folder back farther than 7 days.

411th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. You can improve this site by not showing the president's face each and every day!

Do Donald Trump have stock in AOL.COM? If he is not paying for his face on here, why do I see it every time I log on. You asked my opinion that's it.

57th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Space restrictions

The area available for comments or replies is much too small..It is nearly impossible to get any amount of facts or pertinent information posted.
    Also the site has tons of slow loading ads, notices and whatall that slow down the response and typing. This is most annoying and discourages the use of your site. Look at Yahoo's site and accommodations the provide users... and you will see the difference. Thanks for listening..J.R.

1189th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SAVE DRAFTS AUTOMATICALLY AT PRESET INTERVALS

SAVE DRAFTS AUTOMATICALLY AT PRE-SET INTERVALS RATHER THAN MANUALLY: When composing an email, it would save much frustration for drafts to be saved automatically at intervals, for example every 2 minutes, rather than to do a manual save to drafts at intervals. Manual saves are forgotten more often than not, and that means losing what has been composed for random unintended/unexpected reasons. THANK YOU!

1189th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. addressbook

Put the **** addressbook as an icon.

Can never find it. To edit.

Oh I am sure it is some convoluted place.

Just don't think I need to go to google to find your addressbook should be more intuitive. Don't you think?

1189th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Holiday stationary

I love the different stationary on all occasions and holiday..and I also.love the logans..

688th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 411th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hey AOL - how about less emphasis on ads, and more attention to your customers?

It is extremely frustrating to have to put up with no less than 4 full screens of advertising just to actually get to my Email!! Separating the Login screen from the Password screen, just so AOL can sell more ad revenue, wastes my time, slows the process and is very annoying. Also, I notice constant problems with email loading and navigation, but those stupid, annoying banner ads always come right up!!

57th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 411th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Product Support responded

We will make sure to reach out to the product team to see if we can bring back local news from that specific outlet.

11. Allow us to delete all mail with one click

I have over 100,000 emails and will never be able to read all of them. Is there a way I can delete them all at once

411th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. backing up of emails

for people who use a paying service, there should be an unlimited time to have you emails restored. 10 days is really ridiculous. what are we really paying for? there are a lot of other free services out there.

1189th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great if we could set up the vacation responder to go to 'contacts only.'

Re: Webmail
    It would be great if we could set up the vacation responder to send notices to 'contacts only.'

688th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 53rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Not Spam” and add the addresses in your contact list, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify important emails in the future.

Also if you use a mobile device or email client to access your mail over IMAP, please check the Spam filters in that application, to make sure it’s not marking important emails as spam.

15. The Stationary tab isn't working anymore.

The stationary tab isn't working anymore.

1189th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Theme change

When changing the theme of AOL mail it would be nice to see the AOL mail removed from each theme. Users should know they are using AOL...

498th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1189th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Your e-mail editor should include an option for a user to change/delete all instances of a given text string.

Include an option in your write e-mail editor for a user to change/delete all instances of a given text string. You used to have that feature. I don't know why you removed it.

1189th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. be able to print selected piece of mail like I did for yrs pre new AOL! Awful!

Be able to click and print something in a folder like we could do easily for yrs until this new AOL! I can’t just click see something in 1 of my folders and print it! Why I hate this! I want old AOL like last month’s AOL mail! HELP! I am not alone friends are saying same thing.

1189th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. No Place to find Amount of Space Consumed

I have looked everywhere on the screen, and there is no place to show how much of the TB, of allocated storage space, has been consumed.

The provided steps do not work- any other suggestions?

Please follow the steps below, in order to check the storage on your account:

1. Visit the Privacy Dashboard page here: https://policies.oath.com/us/en/oath/privacy/dashboard/index.html

2. Select AOL from the list of brands.

3. Click Sign in at the top to sign in and see your account data.

4. Click on “AOL Mail” below Your Products section, in order to see the storage and other information.

1189th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base