AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the option to display full name and/or email address instead of username only on the email homepage.

At present, on the email page that lists the emails, on the top right area (next to home, visit blog, and favorites; above the sign out and options links) there is no option to change the displayed name. Only the username is shown. It would be great if there could be an option to change the username displayed to email address and/or full name.

161st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add counter to mail filter entry to know how many times filter rerouted input entry

with counter in mail filter entry and possibility to sort by this counter will be possible to significantly improve filtering process

I have 40+ years of IT experience and can improve AOL services if I get position at AOL. With millions of H1B visas I as US citizen can not get IT job

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove checkbox for "All" Inbox

Several times, I've accidentally clicked the box above the inbox and deleted everything in my inbox. I've caught it and was able to move it back, but what if I do the same in the trash box and actually delete it!?! REMOVE that check box!

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please allow option to include a column for email size (in kb) in the regular listing

I'd like to be able to view the size of each email (in kb or mb), in order to permit selection of very large emails that I may not wish to download to the client - or that won't download to the client. Consider adding a column to the email display list. Or add a setting with checkboxes so I can choose the columns I wish to display. Thanks for your consideration.

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. by putting dopler, radar and satelite back on the weather

by putting dopler, radar and satelite back on the weather

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AOL blocks me from using my other AOL account, demanding verification through email or TXT message or through third email account (associate

AOL should be less parochial.
    I am traveling, and AOL notice "unusal activity" - blocking me from accessing my other email account, while demanding some form of "verification" involving my cell phone. I DO NOT USE CELL PHONE WHILE TRAVELING ABROAD. AND I MAY NOT HAVE ONE. I HAVE PROBLEM WITH LOGGING TO MY ASSOCIATED EMAIL ACCOUNT, WHICH IS RARELY USED. Getting login info for the side email account is troublesome, and demanding it is unexpected. Please devise less difficult ways of verification. AND: users of AMERICA (onLine) may sometimes leave their parish and visit monks in Tibet. Or in…

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. If I

If I forget to sign off when leaving my computer, will it "auto sign off" after a certain amount of time?

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. let under sixteens use aol mail

Under sixteens still might need mail. Just because they are younger it does not mean they do not need it. My daughter is at secondary school and needs email to get help from teachers and sometimes her classmates for homework. She can not have one because all email sights we have tried you have to be over 16! it is a joke AOL mail we all need an ANSWER to this VOTE IF YOU AGREE!!!

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. How can I make chronological list of all my emails with a contact?

My idea to to have AOL enable me to make a chronological list of my emails with a contact over time. I would think this should have been a feature since I started this account 20 years ago. My second idea is to just leave AOL permanently and take my emails with me. But AOL won't allow this either. Why does AOL disrespect its members by making it difficult to communicate with an actual person at AOL???

Oh, it seems I MUST accept your terms. Why doesn't AOL believe it MUST treat us with respect???

161st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Is there any way to change the settings to where your deleted mail can be pulled up for a longer period of time?

Is there any way to change the settings to where your deleted mail can be pulled up for a longer period of time?

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Headers

Please show full length headers in web-based emails like what's visible from AOL Program

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I cannot find my comments profile.

I cannot find my comments profile..

161st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. address lines.. enlarge the to: line as we cannot tell if we put a small o or q. it only shows some of the word.. thank you.

the address line needs to be larger so you can tell what letter was typed. you cannot tell an "o" from a "q" when the bottom or top of a letter is cut off. Thank you.

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Filter contacts by phone number

Provide options to filter contacts by phone number. Largely helps in filtering unwanted email addresses that have got auto added despite disabling that option.

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve the AOL "Help" Feature

You should amend your "help" feature so that customers can describe the specific (technical) problem they are having and not have to go through the various answers available on your site, which may not be applicable. In my case, I have a problem all of a sudden where my emails seem to go to the Trash or Junk file of my addressee. I go through your options, but none fits my problem. It is very disheartening. Thank you

261st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make email inbox more productive and guarantee that no folders that was created are not all of the sudden gone.

aol mail should be more customizable making it more productive like the gmail where you can create labels for the inbox for important/urgent.

That way one does not have to search through the mail to find a specific thing

aol is being obselete for this reason,

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please after I erase a message from my inbox take me to the next message (like it was before) Do not take me to Inbox preview.

Please after I erase a message from my inbox take me to the next message (like it was before) Do not take me to Inbox preview.
    It used to be like this.

201st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base