AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 125th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to include my logo as part of my stationary but can't

Should be able to add company logo as part of stationary

207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please STOP removing MY emails from their file folders or archiving them auto? - Why is there no setting me to change this? I want keep ALL

-there used to be MY option to choose whether to archive or delete emails for any of my folders, now that option has gone, i WANT THIS BACK - why are you/aol archiving them or deleting them auto without my auth with no avail settings to change this myself. I do NOT want them archived!

207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The flag next to the selection box

The placement of the important flag next to the selection box is in a bad place. When you try to delete several emails at once that may be advertisements that you choose not to view, you accidentally hit the flag because of its placement and loose the selections you have made to delete. Put the important flag in a different area. This is annoying.

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Outage and Technical Alerts

Need an alert system for AOL mail members to let them know when the mail service is down. A text alert system would be great. Today I could not download documents on my PC or on my phone. This made for a very unproductive work day. If I had confirmation that it was a server issue as I suspected it was, I could have made alternate arrangements to receive the documents I really needed to download today.

113th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Making Drastic Changes!!

Stop moving "Favorites" links around and/or eliminating them!!!

207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Folders Header Settings

We need an extra column header in the folder : "send To" ! when l move an e-mail l have sent in a folder it only shows my adress in the column "From"...l dont see the point !

163rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. back button

Back button bails you out of mail so you have to log in again, please find a way to fix this....I have to relog in several times a session.

207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Expand your email format to be as as close to OUTLOOK as possible.

Expand your email format to be as close to OUTLOOK as possible. Outlook has excellent composition features which are lacking on AOL.

207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Need an option to Delete a Sent Item

Some networks allow users to delete a sent item before it is opened.
    Since the "Save Draft" and "Send" buttons are next to each other, we need an "Unsend" button.

163rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 163rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to use regular AOL webmail on tablets

Why can’t I use regular AOL webmail on my tablet? When I logged on to my AOL e-mail for the first time, I was forced to use AOL Mail for tablets and I HATE it! I specifically don’t use any e-mail clients on my iPad because the interfaces and capabilities are awful, nothing like using regular webmail or full-featured desktop e-mail client.

You’ve got all the necessities available in the tablet interface, why can’t I just use it like using regular AOL webmail on my laptop? It’s all just whatever internet computer languages are used (HTML, PHP, Java, etc.), so…

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. please have emails that I receive have actual return address so i can BLOCk them , although blocking doesnt seem to work

blocking should work , Make sure incoming email has a actual returnable address to be able to block them.

163rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 125th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I use to be able to enlarge the smilys , know I can not and they are really small

I use to be able to enlarge the smilys , know I can not and they are really small

125th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I HATE being forced into using red fonts from links, not being allowed to change the color. GET RID OF THEM!

I think AOL should not be dictating the color of links I choose to embed in my email in RED FONT. UGLY! I can't stand them.

The color RED should not be written in stone. We need to be able to change the color. RED is not always palatable, and I, for one, have trouble viewing the color red. It's ******* my eyes. I can't even change the color to a dull red!

Fix it, please!

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Blinking words within emails

It would be great if there was a way to not only highlight words in an email, but to have them 'blinking' as well.

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base