AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Problems with Printing Emails

In oder to print out my emails completely, I must switch to the Basic/Accessible previous version of AOL and then switch back to the Standard Version. Otherwise, several words are cut off on the right side of the page. This is NOT acceptable and I hope this inconvenient, annoying glitch will be corrected asap. Thank you!

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. searching body of old emails

We need to be able to search for a complete phrase (enclose in quotes), not just individual words. It is ridiculous that I still must read two or three times as many emails as necessary in order to find the exact phrase that was used. If Google can offer this search function, why can't AOL?

28th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Don't send messages in the web site spam mailbox to my laptop as good mail.

I got the AOL "mail suspended" phishing email today on my laptop. When I logged into AOL to report it as spam, it was already in the spam mailbox. If AOL had already put the email into the spam mailbox on the website, why was it forwarded to me on my laptop as a piece of good mail?

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PASSWORDS

I have had AOL since 1999 and have always been pleased with it. But now, every time I sign on it makes me change the password. I'm done. If I try to sign in again, I will download everything I ever had in AOL and go to another email sponsor. This has been happening for the last 10 days. I'm done, I'm done, I'm done. Stop the ********* and move on.

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Interface with Office 365

Seems neither no setting for AOL used within Microsoft Office 365 Outlook takes them, nothing POP, IMAP, Outlook.com, Office 365 - I have to manually log into this account to keep it from getting deleted after over four decades, I use it for research not a main email site, I have used Outlook for over four decades never have I seen such a mess at AOL, first Yahoo, then Verizon, the AOL Verizon, can you make up your mind who you are and have the users have the proper setting to set up Office 365 Outlook!

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. spam

Spam removal-please revamp your spam process- unfortunately there are some spams your system does not catch-solution-where you have listed the trash can symbol also list the spam symbol.

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. AOL website needs to reflect the look of the new & improved look of the app. The website is a very old design.

The new AOL app is great, big improvement. Now the website needs to be updated and reflect the look of the app. The AOL app working much better then GMail, which needs a lot of work to be done to it.

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. emails

Like most people, I get far more emails everyday than I actually read. It's really frustrating to go through them, checking the ones you're going to delete. Then you get to, oh lets say number 135, and accidentlally click outside the box. Then all of your check marks disappear and you have to start all over again. Will you fix that please.

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. report scam

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Verify your email address
    Date: August 24, 2021 at 10:03:21 AM EDT
    To: "Verizon Notification." rjl.wfw@verizon.net
    Reply-To: "Verizon Notification." rjl.wfw@verizon.net

Dear User,

The Classic version of Verizon Mail will be replaced by our new version on the 26th of Aug 2021. So it's time to verify, before you lose your email access.

Please click here Log-in Restore to re-validate your mailbox.

Note: Failure to comply within 24hrs might lead to permanent deactivation.

Verizon Mail

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. stop marking incoming mail locked I will senser my own

return to your policy as of years ago

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New e-Mail format

Your new e-Mail format ****. It runs everything together. I see someone else has asked you to go back to the old format ... repeatedly. You probably should pay attention to your customers or you may lose them. I'M ON THE VERGE OF LEAVING!!!

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Lost all my Contacts

Help!!! Lost all my Contacts!!!

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. saved email folders

My saved emails in my aol managed email folders are now suddenly not available after 2018. Those emails are my property. My access to them must be reinstated. I have very important historical information there. Please contact me an bout this ASAP

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. It is 10-23-21, 1:15 a.m. CDT. I am looking at mail in my inbox that is dated 10-20-21 and 10-21-21, but it hasn't showed up until now.

I check my email every day. I was expecting some packages and receive emails from the company from which I ordered and from the shippers when my packages are shipped, when they are out for delivery, and when they have been delivered. It is 10-23-21, 1:15 a.m. CDT. I am looking at mail in my inbox that is dated 10-20-21 and 10-21-21, but it hasn't showed up until now. On 10-22-21, I did receive an email that said my package had been delivered, but I had never received notice that it had even been shipped because aol never put the…

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Spam should display number of unread items. This is essential so that items are not missed.

Spam should display number of unread items.

This is essential so that items are not missed.

Often very important email is sent to spam

I have to look at the spam folder every time I check my email

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I need help w/ trying to cut out certain info in emails w/o having to copy the whole thing.

I need help and info on how to isolate pertinent data in email messages and save to particular folder. I am old, forgetful, and losing memory. I really need help here. Have been a customer from the beginning.

73rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Recurring failure notice won't stop

No clear way to stop a recurring Failure Notice. Not seeing any way to stop the same notice that is repeating more than 50 times in my Inbox and don't want to miss a new Failure Notice. There needs to be a Help answer for this.

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3rd party app passwords

3rd party app passwords are truly stupid. What's wrong with using my online password? What else is stupid is this site. Lots of comments about it, but your site doesn't work, so cant vote for or join in support. How do you expect someone to accurately key in a jibberish 18 character password accurately? AOL used to be good, now sinking to the bottom with all the other useless **** on the internet.

43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 43rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base