AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We need sub folders inside any folder.

We need sub folders inside any folder. It does not make sense to create a new folder any time without the chance to group them!

25th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 'prove you're not a robot' does not work!!!!!

******* thing does not work, can't log in, no explanationa, GARBAGE!!!

298th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. edit email contacts

In contacts i have an email listing called Tai-Chi and in this group it has 20 contacts. How can I edit these contacts so I can put them in a catagory without going into the major contact list to do it. Right now you can not edit contacts in a group listing, you can only delete or add contacts. You need to be able to edit these contacts when they are in a group listing.

298th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't stop my reading with the excuse that I am using too much memory!

I would like the screen to not be closed to me —"this page is using too much memory and we will close it to keep memory down".
    Who says? This is repeated often, and my reading is disrupted.

449th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How Do I Install AOL desktop Gold on My computer system?

I want to use AOL Desktop Gold for various purposes such as internet browsing, emailing, playing games and chatting services. AOL desktop gold is very easy to use and efficient and quick in the performance. This software is the best-suited tool for all computer users. I am a computer user and want to install AOL desktop gold software for my various tasks. I am looking for download AOL desktop gold, but don’t have experience in installing this software successfully. So please anyone can suggest me the right procedure of installing AOL Desktop Gold software on the computer system.

https://www.emailtechnicalsupport.us/aol-desktop-gold-download

298th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Phishing posing as AOL Team?

Phishing spooting AOL Team
    The following is information about what I believe to be a phishing expedition purporting to be from AOL/Verizon (at least by implication)
    From address: AOL MEMBER INFO (cicbcs@prodigy.net.mx)
    Header: FINAL NOTICE: Your AOL Desktop will be discontinued in 7 days
    Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdPdIjCKcGwvqoOAlyJ8uJhcrfjD3m8tdAn3FnF2pt25sTuaA/viewform?usp=sf_link (hyperlink removed, all links in the message below go to this page)
    You will lose access to your current AOL Desktop software in 7 days. Please take action by selecting at least one option below:
    1. In order to continue to access your AOL Mail account , you will need to…

298th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 298th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. its been yearssince ive used my AOL email and im trying to recover the account but don't remember the password. AOL has made it impossible.

MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR PEOPLE TO RECOVER THEIR EMAIL ACCOUNTS WHO DON,T HAVE ACCESS TO PHONES LISTED FOR CODES TO BE SENT TO ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

298th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Not happy about having to click twice to delete a SPAM email

Not happy about having to click twice to delete a SPAM email. Please fix this.....it takes twice as long to clean up the SPAM folder. Very aggravating....time is important.

24th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Increase the maximum allowed Filter Settings - 50 is not enough

The Filter Settings, with their limited function, require us to set one filter per each action. With a maximum of 50, this is not enough. Either increase the maximum number of filters or add better functionality to the filter settings. For example, with Gmail you can add multiple email addresses, comma separated within curly brackets to tell all my subscriptions to filter to my "Subscriptions" folder, just as an example.

298th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It’s 2020!

As AOL Mail is a bit old now, it needs upgrading to a more simplistic, futuristic look. That would make it excellent, and worth using.

298th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. **** e-mails

For several weeks now, I have been getting **** e-mails. Even though they do go into my Spam. Why am I suddenly getting such - never had them before. I do not access any sites that should trigger such. I have added most of them to my Blocked option.

221st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. You can improve AOL mail by putting back the when read feature. It is a pain not having it.

You can improve AOL mail by putting back the when read feature. It is a pain not having it.

298th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Way too much spam and a friending option is needed.

AOL should provide an automatic block and delete spam emails feature instead of letting them get to the spam folder, especially if the sender is not friended. If there was a friending request feature that would let the recipient know that someone wants to friend them that would be different, then the recipient could accept or decline. That is an option that would be useful.

22nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. By Not keep sending me past mail. and up to date News.

I keep getting past mail than up to date. and I would like to know please.

298th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. emojis

Why not have an option to add our own emojis from the internet for Google or Mozilla Firefox??
    The AOL emojis are nice but mainly just happy faces! Why not give us a choioce of newer ones to update our e-mails etc.???

298th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unread mail

I used to be able to sort and find all of my unread mail. I can no longer do that. It would be nice to have that feature back very soon. Thanks.

221st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. please stop showing me this "sponsored" email garbage.

Please sstop showing me this "sponsored" email garbage

39th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. block notification

You need to tell people that their mssg did not get to intended owner. Many people that I have blocked think Im getting their messages. BAD!!!

298th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 29th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base