AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Verification Code Problems

Please once again accommodate landline phones as backup contacts for your verification codes and similar communications. I live in a mobile phone dead spot, so more than half the time, I can't receive calls or texts to my mobile phone. Also I can't always access the backup email addresses that you offer as options.

I want and need to be able for you to call my landline with your verification codes and other communications.

132nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. For SPAM AND DELETED Folders - Should be ONE CLICK TO REMOVE if you click the Trash Can Icon.

For SPAM AND DELETED Folders - Should be ONE CLICK TO REMOVE if you click the Trash Can Icon. No Need to confirm.
    If you want to preview beforehand you can still just click the Folder.

132nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I faithfully put spam email addresses and variations of them, using *, by going into Mail Settings, Spam Settings. Are you using this lista

I faithfully add my spam email addresses to Mail Settings, Spam Options, using the full addresses and variations of them, using *. Are you still using this information to filter my incoming mail? It does not seem so and it takes a lot of time to go through my spam and do this everyday. Why can't you add a 'Delete and Block' Function so I don't have to go through 6 steps to add an address, in addition to just Delete. It could be a one step function. Here is a list of my blocked addresses, from over the many…

51st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. You can improve this site by not showing the president's face each and every day!

Do Donald Trump have stock in AOL.COM? If he is not paying for his face on here, why do I see it every time I log on. You asked my opinion that's it.

36th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need new stationery and fonts - catch up with the times!

You desperately need new stationery themes (it's been YEARS) and a greater variety of fonts!!

56th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AOL has lots of technical glitches

what is wrong with AOL?? always tech. glitches! update your very old server!

43rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add additional options for Fonts that we can choose from

I believe all of us that uses webmail only has up to 9 Fonts to choose from. I would like to request if this can be increased so that we can have more options to choose.

65th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Font  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. automatic 'sign out' feature was removed from Settings, please restore, it is not safe in public computers (work, etc.)

automatic 'sign out' feature was removed from Settings, please restore, it is not safe in public computers (work, etc.)

187th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. AOL newsfeed is always so negative

Every article on AOL is always so negative. It's always politics or someone doing something bad. Give more "feel good" stories and less negative political stories and don't be so biased on your political side.

248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. can not get authorization from server for gmail access - please show me how to do this so I do not keep getting an error

setup a direct access for outlook, verizon, gmail, and whatever is used to have authorization access code required. have this used for 1st time setup and any future changes for passwords etc.. there has to be an easier way to access the mail without having to constantly sign in separately.

248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Seriously- your AOL site is becoming the "new" National Enquirer- since when is celebrity gossip worthy of "NEWS"?

drop the "news" of celebrities- do not care and those of us mature enough to have a real life don't care either.

42nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Identity Guard

Identity Guard seemed like a good service so I accepted. Entered my e-mail address and AOL password. Tried numerous times & was locked out. Don't know what went wrong but I no longer want this. Please unsubscribe.

248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Oath email from AOL to my spam

I keep getting an email to my spam folder saying I need to sign an oath

248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. mail issue

What is wrong with mail all of a sudden? I have to delete each spam and trashed message individually instead of all at once.

248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like an option other than HuffPost news. I

I would like some more middle of the road option to HuffPost news. If only one can be used, I think it is only right that we should be seeing a more objective news source if we are forced to have only one.

122nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make the tabs a little bigger for people with fat fingers like me

Make the boxes bigger so I hit the right button when I'm typing. It would be nice to be able to hit the send once. Or tap the side menu and the right thing beingclicked

248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Keep putting written e-mails into draft, go to retrieve it and it's not there only subject and receiver.

Hold e-mails in drafts complete after they have been written might be a good idea. Stop erasing work done, AOL

248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. It would be great if we could set up the vacation responder to go to 'contacts only.'

Re: Webmail
    It would be great if we could set up the vacation responder to send notices to 'contacts only.'

248th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 187th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base