AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto-deleting Spam

Not a good idea to delete Spam messages automatically as from time to time a vald and wanted email gets put into spam. Perhaps make it a user option?

171st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 45th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Not Spam” and add the addresses in your contact list, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify important emails in the future.

Also if you use a mobile device or email client to access your mail over IMAP, please check the Spam filters in that application, to make sure it’s not marking important emails as spam.

3. Why do I suddenly have a limit for the number of people I can have on one of my contact lists?

I need help: I tried to change the email address for a contact on one of my lists, which has 165 names on it. I deleted the original email, but when I tried to add the new address, I got this message: "Too many email addresses for a distribution list." This is seriously interfering with my work.

89th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow blocking from iPad, laptop and iPhone of unwanted emails./

Allow sender to be blocked by simply clicking on the unwanted email.

44th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How do I stop from closing an email when I just scroll back towads to top of it?

Let me turn off the auto close of email just because I scroll up on the email.

136th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 73rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I would like an option other than HuffPost news. I

I would like some more middle of the road option to HuffPost news. If only one can be used, I think it is only right that we should be seeing a more objective news source if we are forced to have only one.

122nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We need the sub folder and move feature.

The sub folder feature isn't available online nor the move feature. Please add this feature for AOL is the only one that doesn't have it.

39th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Delete unwanted folders

Allow us to delete unwanted folders from our mobile phones

61st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Verification Code Problems

Please once again accommodate landline phones as backup contacts for your verification codes and similar communications. I live in a mobile phone dead spot, so more than half the time, I can't receive calls or texts to my mobile phone. Also I can't always access the backup email addresses that you offer as options.

I want and need to be able for you to call my landline with your verification codes and other communications.

171st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 67th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. put blocking mail in the headers

block or perm delete email contact should be a button along with the delete move and read buttons. that way you dont have to go through half a dozen pages just to block someone. by the time i get there i forgot the name of the address i wanted to block.

61st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow users to delete multiple email folders at once.

I have tons of empty folders. I am forced to delete them one at a time. I need to be able to select multiple folders at once for deletion.

136th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Greeting

Consider bringing back the greeting....You've got mail.

227th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO ADD A BLOCK ICON TO STOP THE SPAM THAT I RECEIVE ? IT WOULD BE A LOT EASIER TO GET RID OF THE JUNK !

WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO ADD A BLOCK ICON TO STOP THE SPAM THAT I RECEIVE ? IT WOULD BE A LOT EASIER TO GET RID OF THE JUNK ! MAYBE NEXT TO THE TRASH CAN ?

227th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. cant get 2014 to 2017 calendar

went recover aug 19 could not

227th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Important Emails, and/or auto filter labels and tags?

Hello AOL,
    Is there a way to mark emails from specific contacts as important? So we can search them and perhaps set at custom notifications?
    iOS works great with VIP marked emails using the AOL, however it would be nice to have on your Web Email too.
    Or pehaps filters that automatically flag emails, with customizable labels and colors. This is a valuable outlook and gmail feature and wonder if AOL could devise a similar system?
    Thank you for your attention,
    Kim

227th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Viewing deleted Mail

Can't view old deleted mail back more than a week, Would like to be able to view mail in trash folder back farther than 7 days.

227th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Send Later

i'd like to see the return of the "send later" button on email.

227th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CAN YOU MAKE FLAGS AVAILABLE TO SELECT A DIFFERENT COLOR

It would be nice if we can flag the email with different flags colors :)

81st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base