AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. **** e-mails

For several weeks now, I have been getting **** e-mails. Even though they do go into my Spam. Why am I suddenly getting such - never had them before. I do not access any sites that should trigger such. I have added most of them to my Blocked option.

136th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow scheduled sending of emails

Why can't we compose an email and schedule when we want that email sent? That is a very useful feature when you are for example, catching up on many things over a weekend and sending business emails you want delivered Monday morning so they are hopefully not lost in the email abyss on the other end over the weekend.
    There are also times when you think of something needed but know it should really go later so you write an email as you think of it. but want it sent at the appropriate time.

177th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Emojis

What happened to the emojis? This new version does not include emojis. Please bring them back.

252nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 34th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  30 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. attachments

Please restore the option to download an attachment (especially PDFs) without opening! Thanks!

108th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Spam Reports

Make logging in quicker!!! Give us better Spam controls that work!!!!
    Reduce the ads!!! We SHOULD NOT have to pay to stop ads!!!!
    What are you people doing?!
    Email should be simple, fun, convenient, and efficient. NOT anymore.
    Do you want to make people move? Make a bad name for yourself?
    Geez, in this day and age - you should be able to figure this out.

12th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keeps opening incorrect user interface; opens one I cannot use!

I'm rather sick of AOL Mail deciding that I want a mobile or tablet version of the site. I cannot view the version that you are giving me!

I have the desktop version slelected for a reason!

252nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sorting the Inbox

Would you make a toggle on/off option to see only UNREAD mail in the inbox?

73rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Put it back to how the mail account was!

Put it back to how the mail account interface was! I really dislike the awkward navigation to get a simple task done, it’s NOT user friendly.
    It’s just change for the sake of change, not an improvement.

152nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. imogies

It would be nice to be able to add symbols, face, etc to messages

252nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. AOL web mail search fails on long phrases

I took the subject of a common email and searched for it, to delete them all, but it failed to find these exact matches. I removed some words and it found them, so your search function has a solid bug with longer phrases!

252nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. delete email account without current access

it is currently impossible to delete an email address without already having access to the email address, if you ask for help all that happens is that the request is appended to the list of complaints that the address cannot be deleted which does not address the problem. you need to create a way for people to access you about their email even if their aol email is not working

252nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 252nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. backgrounds

Why are backgrounds not working!!!

205th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Off line access

Go back to the previous system. It allowed you to read saved msgs, contacts, etc when off line. The new system is not an improvement at all. We need access to our info without having to sign on.

252nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. fix the search. Since you changed the format recently search for my emails does not work.

fix the search function which does not work since you changed the format recently

252nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 252nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Eliminate free advertising for Trump

you should not show an advertisement to "meet Melania Trump" if you contribute to his campaign in the "Today on AOL" page. Not even sure that's legal as it looks like free advertiseing to me. At least make the jerk pay for the exposure. The whole thing is offensive to me. Otherwise I like AOL a lot.

252nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 252nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Offer a right-click menu option to restrict spam addresses.

Give the option to restrict spam addresses or entire domains with a right-click menu option on a spam e-mail, rather than having to jump through hoops to individually add each one to the restricted list.

17th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base