AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

How can we improve AOL Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Large ads appearing after sending an email -

why am I now getting large, obnoxious ads every time I send an email - how do I stop it??!!!

122nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support List-Unsubscribe

I’d love to see AOL support it whereas instead of having to click the unsubscribe link in the email and another webpage opening confirming the unsubscribe you are simply unsubscribed (without the need to load another webpage).

56th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. leave the themes to us to choose

Asa a Paying Customer for the last 16 years I would like to have my customization left alone. It changes each time I go on line and I have had this theme for 10 years Other wise I will stop paying for a service I'M not receiving anyway as it was a dial up account Prior to 2008 Since I have been using the free version. I see no reason to pay you
    $9.99/ month for taking this option away. Please fix it..

72nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. how do I stop AOL from terminating me?

2nd time I got message from AOL, did I really want to terminate my account, No.

196th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. archive email

There should be a better way to either delete or archive emails in order to clean up very large email inboxes
    1. Create delete from date---> to date ranges
    2. Create Archive folders, similar to Outlook

58th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 81st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Downloading Saved Mail?

You use to let people save the old mail to our systems if we liked. I would like to save my old mail to my system and not have to get on yours system every time I am looking for some thing in my old mail and use up the space that you give me for old mail on your system.

43rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Wild cards (*) in email address filters no longer allowed

Could wild cards in email address filters be allowed again. eg: Send *@anywhere.com to MyFolder. This used to work up until a few months ago.

43rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’ll send it over to the Product Team and hope to have it implemented in the future.

9. Searching mails.

Allow the user to select the file they would like to search. I do not always want to search through deleted files. The default to ALL files produces too much junk. The options should be for the user to select new, old, sent or deleted mail. Not all by default.

40th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Listenandprosper.com should surely have an X in the corner, all the other advertisements do. It always appears when I am in the middle o

PLEASE ALWAYS ENSURE THAT ANY ADVERTISEMENT HAS AN OPTION TO TURN IT OFF. LISTENANDPROSPER'S FAITH REMINDER ... ALWAYS APPEARS WHEN I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF TYPING A DOCUMENT AND THERE IS NO WAY OF TURNING IT OFF, I HAVE TO WAIT FOR ABOUT TEN MINUTES BEFORE I CAN RESUME TYPING MY DOCUMENTS, OR REDUCE THE SIZE OF MY DOCUMENTS AND TYPE ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE SCREEN .... IT WASTES SO MUCH TIME SURELY ALL ADVERTISEMENTS SHOULD HAVE THE OPTION OF TURNING THEM OFF WHEN YOU WANT TO WATCH LATER, THANKS oh and it is impossible to…

196th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. My AOL will not work with Mac MOJAVE Os 10.14.5

Please update to be compatible with Mac updates

149th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. CAN YOU MAKE FLAGS AVAILABLE TO SELECT A DIFFERENT COLOR

It would be nice if we can flag the email with different flags colors :)

88th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. put the dates back on the email instead of the time of day the email was sent to you or fix it where the people

do not change someone's email to the time of day the email was sent to to me out the clear blue aol changed my email to show me when the mail was sent the time of day. I would appreciate it if you would change mind back to the date. That works for me the date the email came in.

149th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adding US holidays to calendar!

How to add "US holidays" to my calendar?

196th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. vcf export import contacts

I've got a vcf file of contacts I'd like to import.
    And it would be excellent if I could export a vcf file of contacts.
    As I understand it I could edit them as a CSV excel file then reload.

113th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Every single time I come over here I have to change from the standard to basic setting. Isn't there a way for you to save my preference?

It is MUCH easier to maneuver in the inbox in the basic/accessible setting than in the standard setting. Every single time I come to the inbox I change it to the basic/accessible setting and yet every single time you change it back. Isn't there something that can be done to save my preferences? This is getting real old real fast.

72nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. why can I block IP address

you ruined Yahoo now your ruining AOL. we used to have word block as well as address block.
    My recommendation is to add IP block and re-add key word block
    lets make things better not worse

58th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Delete individual advertisements that stay on the screen too long.

Allow one to discontinue irrelevant individual advertisements. Often after a purchase had been made, or you just explored something you heard about, they advertise the products you have no interest in and it stays on your screen too long of a period. Often you already purchased or was just exploring the internet.

66th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please give us back the option of opting out of auto-added addresses

Please give us back the option of opting out of auto-added addresses

98th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Grouping folders

Change it back to the way it was brfore; where a customer can have folders and sub folders within the folder. By separating all of your folders individually in makes it very difficult to organize

58th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base