AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clearing inbox quickly?

I would appreciate it if you could add a way to completely clear your inbox no matter how many messages you have? I was going to college and I was saving my college emails in my inbox but now that I am out of college I need to clear my inbox and I have way too many emails to clear them the traditional way. I now have 228299 emails and no way to delete them so please add a way or email me if you know how I can keep my email address and still clear them easily? My email…

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. filters

Filters stopped working. Now all emails go to my inbox.

FIX FILTERS PLEASE...........

18th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Spam rules

I have more than one email address and one email client (Thunderbird on the PC). It's a nuisance to check mail.AOL.com every hour to see if Uncle AOL might have blocked an important email. I'm a big boy now and I can decide spam perfectly safely on my own.

Please allow me to suppress all of AOL's spam constraints.

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can't move emails to another folder

Hi, I hope someone can help. I can't seem to move/file emails under a different folder. Whenever I move an email, a message appears, saying "xx email moved to xx folder. Undo?" but the email hasn't moved and remains in my inbox. Obviously if I don't need an email, I'll delete it, but there are some I need to keep and file in other folders.
    I have tried this across a range of devices (windows laptop, android and apple devices) and browsers (Edge. Safari, Chrome, Firefox) but no luck. Please advise?

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. folder

when you open a folder could you put the full folder name in the same display where you show ALL folders number??

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Not all of my new email is showing

For some reason not all of my new emails are showing, I am missing my emails. I need to see all of my emails, especially the new ones - Please help !

12th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. line spacing

With your newest version of AOL, the line spacing is double-spaced. I am unable to change it to single spaced??? Are you going to fix this ???

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Biased Lying News on AOL

I absolutely hate AOL news - biased ****. Is there any way of getting a different web page to come up when I log in, or should I dump AOL?

12th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Don't force users to open your biased home page

Don't force users to open your biased home page and have to navigate from there when ALL they want to do is view their email. AOL has NEVER been this bad. Fix your broken links.

12th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. My mail is Fine you have locked me out of all conversation

I have been with you for better than 20 years I do not cuss or demean on conversations but you lock me out. You have hit my last nerve, you allow crazy libs to say anything mostly lies and half truths then pull the plug on me. Good bye aol you are a *******.

12th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please remove side view advertisements. Underwear, no clothes, please delete it.

Please remove the materials on the side of my email. Very very distracting.

18th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. AOL App removed my contacts

the recent AOL APP update for my iPhone an iPad took away my contacts folder. How do I get them back for the APPs, no problem with my MAC AOL folder

18th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a search box to the "Move to:" menu choice.

Add a search box to the "Move to:" menu choice. I have probably got over 300 personalized folders, so when I want to move a piece of mail from my inbox to a folder, right now I have to click the "More" menu choice, then I have to scroll down this lengthy list of folders, then click the folder I want to move it to. This all takes time and, at least 50% of the time, I get booted out of my list of folders before I ever get to the folder I want to move the item to. This…

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix key elements lost in the inbox for updated mobile app

An updated version pushed to both my android/tablet last weekend. Can no longer sort email by sender/alpha order to do easy clean up. So frustrating to "search" by email name..tedious!! Can't easily sort by flagged mail, a few clicks now to get to that. After decades, this is making me look at new email apps. "Clean Mail" ?? Moto Mail was GREAT!

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Images in emails

Recently the issues with not being able to view images in emails has returned. This time it seems to only affect emails from costoco.com. The issues appears to be intermittent because I can often reopen an emal at a later tme and the images will display. This problem does not exist with gmail or outlook. A few years ago I had this same issue with Jos. A Bank emails. This problem exists with Chrome, Edge, and IE.

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The e-mails received from the article's comment section are not correct.

When a "reply" is received as an e-mail notification, it contains the actual comment posted rather than the reply.
    Also, when you click "reply" you are not being directed back to the actual comment and therefore, cannot reply.

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. new phone version does not show number of new mail received in phone app icon; new version does not delete read new deleted email from Web v

new phone version does not show number of new mail received in phone app icon; new phone version does not delete read new deleted email from Web version. old version did this. now I'm rereading mail on Web version that I deleted on phone version.

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Font  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base