AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Erase emails by the month erase all but selected,

Save tons of space and duplicates gone. Erase by Month all but selected.

300th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be most helpful to have filters for new mail, unread mail, flagged, unflagged, attachments like you have on the aol app.

It would be most helpful to have filters for new mail, unread mail, flagged, unflagged, attachments like you have on the aol app. Management of my email without these filters is quite cumbersome. You used to have them. Please include them in the next (hopefully very soon) update. Thank you!

44th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. news

The journalists at AOL must think we are all stupid. The news stories that you post on the front page of AOL are nothing less than insulting the intelligence of readers. I agree with the comment made by another AOL user - "Your news is NOT worth reading...pathetic." SOOOO TRUE!!! Now I am to the point where I just ignore anything on the front page of AOL because it is like opening the pages of the National Enquirer. Really???

25th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Viewing deleted Mail

Can't view old deleted mail back more than a week, Would like to be able to view mail in trash folder back farther than 7 days.

151st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Verification Code Problems

Please once again accommodate landline phones as backup contacts for your verification codes and similar communications. I live in a mobile phone dead spot, so more than half the time, I can't receive calls or texts to my mobile phone. Also I can't always access the backup email addresses that you offer as options.

I want and need to be able for you to call my landline with your verification codes and other communications.

132nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Space restrictions

The area available for comments or replies is much too small..It is nearly impossible to get any amount of facts or pertinent information posted.
    Also the site has tons of slow loading ads, notices and whatall that slow down the response and typing. This is most annoying and discourages the use of your site. Look at Yahoo's site and accommodations the provide users... and you will see the difference. Thanks for listening..J.R.

300th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SAVE DRAFTS AUTOMATICALLY AT PRESET INTERVALS

SAVE DRAFTS AUTOMATICALLY AT PRE-SET INTERVALS RATHER THAN MANUALLY: When composing an email, it would save much frustration for drafts to be saved automatically at intervals, for example every 2 minutes, rather than to do a manual save to drafts at intervals. Manual saves are forgotten more often than not, and that means losing what has been composed for random unintended/unexpected reasons. THANK YOU!

300th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. screen advertising better before accepting it.

Please stop posting ads that are in foreign languages. It's very disturbing.

36th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. addressbook

Put the **** addressbook as an icon.

Can never find it. To edit.

Oh I am sure it is some convoluted place.

Just don't think I need to go to google to find your addressbook should be more intuitive. Don't you think?

300th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Holiday stationary

I love the different stationary on all occasions and holiday..and I also.love the logans..

220th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When you open an email why is the toolbar at the top in white and shadowed so you can barely read delete, forward, send etc.

When an email is open, the tool bar at the top is a very light shade and the send, delete, forward commands are white and barely visible. Why is it this way and why was it changed. Please fix it.

300th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow us to delete all mail with one click

I have over 100,000 emails and will never be able to read all of them. Is there a way I can delete them all at once

151st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. backing up of emails

for people who use a paying service, there should be an unlimited time to have you emails restored. 10 days is really ridiculous. what are we really paying for? there are a lot of other free services out there.

300th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. trash can

Thanks fo r altering page so that I can no longer easily delete the whole of my trash can

300th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. It would be great if we could set up the vacation responder to go to 'contacts only.'

Re: Webmail
    It would be great if we could set up the vacation responder to send notices to 'contacts only.'

220th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The Stationary tab isn't working anymore.

The stationary tab isn't working anymore.

300th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dates on emails

The old date system you had on emails was much better than the new one for locating old emails.

151st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. how can I move all my favorites at one time to another aol email address

how can I move all my favorites at one time to another aol email address

220th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 300th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Your e-mail editor should include an option for a user to change/delete all instances of a given text string.

Include an option in your write e-mail editor for a user to change/delete all instances of a given text string. You used to have that feature. I don't know why you removed it.

300th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base