AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. block emails that contain the word Unsubscribe in the text

If an email includes the word "Unsubscribe" in its text, I would like to either be able to set up a rule to block this email or have it automatically moved to the Trash folder. Right now, filtering options are only based on the To and From fields of an incoming email.

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. webmail bug

having a bug in replying messages when using the reply option on the bottom part of the email, refer to case 17380115

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mail settings..background pictures

Can't figure out how to do mail setting pictures. Works only sometimes even tho I have chosen a theme.

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AOL automatically adding a new event each year for the repeating events so I get multiple listings of the same event

When you put in a birthday or anniversary or yearly reminder, stop duplicating that into the calendar so that it shows up 2, 10, 25 times. Also if someone dies and you want to remove them from your calendar and it is listed 25 times, it is ridiculous that you can't batch delete and each deletion is a several step process. Other calendars are so much more streamlined. I hate getting the AOL reminders in my email dozens of times at once for the same event!!!!! To turn off reminders on each and every entry when you have duplicated them…

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto-fill email addressing miss-click causing security vulnerability for users.

Miss clicking clicked a suggested email while CC'ing someone in on a reply without realizing, and when I sent, the CC'ed address was the first few letters of the persons name I wanted to CC appended with @aol.com - this is a huge security flaw in the service and if there is no resolution I will be finding a new service ASAP. Random AOL accounts should not be receiving private information due to small misclicks.

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Scrambled recipient list

A problem has developed in recent months. When I want to send an email, I click Compose and then To: and I get an alphabetical (sort of) list of recipients to choose from, but it is scrambled. If I select the group of potential recipients whose names begin with A, for instance, I do get that list, but extraneous names beginning with other letters are mixed in. This makes it difficult to locate to the one I want among the out-of-sequence entries. I can’t find a way to clean this up and make the list actually be sorted.

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BLOCKING

In addition to blocking certain senders please add blocking on subject line content

40th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Editing my privacy settings

Editing my privacy settings is required to display certain content in new stories on my android mobile.
    When I edit my settings the changes cannot be saved. :-(

40th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. posting a complaint

1. You ****. There is this new setting. Old mail and or new mail. If I pick keep new mail than All my emails are made new, Or choose the old mail and if I read it then it goes to the old mail folder.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it the way it was just a few days ago!!!!. I want to delete the "old mail" folder. open my new emails that stay in that folder as read emails. Why are you fixing something that IS NOT broken.

40th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Problems with Printing Emails

In oder to print out my emails completely, I must switch to the Basic/Accessible previous version of AOL and then switch back to the Standard Version. Otherwise, several words are cut off on the right side of the page. This is NOT acceptable and I hope this inconvenient, annoying glitch will be corrected asap. Thank you!

40th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Inbox & old mail

I find it odd that with the amount of growing space my inbox is getting that the idea of removing just the inbox from a month back isn't an option?
    Considering anything I do have I've either made a folder for or is archived. Why isn't this an option? So any further space is freed? I will not be sitting there for any long period of time deleting mail. Can we have an option in, inbox settings for either 1, 3, 6, months, or a year as an option for the users?

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Don't send messages in the web site spam mailbox to my laptop as good mail.

I got the AOL "mail suspended" phishing email today on my laptop. When I logged into AOL to report it as spam, it was already in the spam mailbox. If AOL had already put the email into the spam mailbox on the website, why was it forwarded to me on my laptop as a piece of good mail?

40th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PASSWORDS

I have had AOL since 1999 and have always been pleased with it. But now, every time I sign on it makes me change the password. I'm done. If I try to sign in again, I will download everything I ever had in AOL and go to another email sponsor. This has been happening for the last 10 days. I'm done, I'm done, I'm done. Stop the ********* and move on.

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Interface with Office 365

Seems neither no setting for AOL used within Microsoft Office 365 Outlook takes them, nothing POP, IMAP, Outlook.com, Office 365 - I have to manually log into this account to keep it from getting deleted after over four decades, I use it for research not a main email site, I have used Outlook for over four decades never have I seen such a mess at AOL, first Yahoo, then Verizon, the AOL Verizon, can you make up your mind who you are and have the users have the proper setting to set up Office 365 Outlook!

40th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. spam

Spam removal-please revamp your spam process- unfortunately there are some spams your system does not catch-solution-where you have listed the trash can symbol also list the spam symbol.

40th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AOL website needs to reflect the look of the new & improved look of the app. The website is a very old design.

The new AOL app is great, big improvement. Now the website needs to be updated and reflect the look of the app. The AOL app working much better then GMail, which needs a lot of work to be done to it.

40th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. emails

Like most people, I get far more emails everyday than I actually read. It's really frustrating to go through them, checking the ones you're going to delete. Then you get to, oh lets say number 135, and accidentlally click outside the box. Then all of your check marks disappear and you have to start all over again. Will you fix that please.

40th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. report scam

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Verify your email address
    Date: August 24, 2021 at 10:03:21 AM EDT
    To: "Verizon Notification." rjl.wfw@verizon.net
    Reply-To: "Verizon Notification." rjl.wfw@verizon.net

Dear User,

The Classic version of Verizon Mail will be replaced by our new version on the 26th of Aug 2021. So it's time to verify, before you lose your email access.

Please click here Log-in Restore to re-validate your mailbox.

Note: Failure to comply within 24hrs might lead to permanent deactivation.

Verizon Mail

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. stop marking incoming mail locked I will senser my own

return to your policy as of years ago

74th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. New e-Mail format

Your new e-Mail format ****. It runs everything together. I see someone else has asked you to go back to the old format ... repeatedly. You probably should pay attention to your customers or you may lose them. I'M ON THE VERGE OF LEAVING!!!

40th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base