AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why do you always make thing harder to use?????

Bring back the frop down menu for my email names. You gave us the ability to use seven different names, and it used to be that there was a drop down menu that showed which name had email, and you could simply click on it. Now you hae to type in the entire name of each different email to see if there's anythiing new. It was much easier before, you made it a lot more difficult. Why? Also, AOL is terrible at sending more than one image at a time - other ISPs are much better at this - can't…

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. change default address

I have used the AOL system since it was netscape.net. Recently I noticed that when I send mail, the default for my own address is the netscape.net version. Even though I often add my current AOL address in the message, I find that some people have picked up the old address. How can I change the settings on my account so 1) the default when I write a new message is my AOL address while at the same time 2) the earlier netscape.net address is not eliminated?

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 69th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. hovering over "From" entries should show the sender complete URL.

This is needed due to the huge number of fake messages containing as names legit places, but the real URL proves them to be fakes for phishing. AOL had it for a while but now it is lost.

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. functionality

It would be great when within an email, there was a "back to inbox" arrow that would take you back to the Inbox, rather than having to click on the Inbox in the left pane. (Similar to what gmail already has). Just a thought for easier navigation.

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. automatic 'sign out' feature was removed from Settings, please restore, it is not safe in public computers (work, etc.)

automatic 'sign out' feature was removed from Settings, please restore, it is not safe in public computers (work, etc.)

207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need Sub Bullet Points Please

Need Sub Bullet Points Please

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Seriously- your AOL site is becoming the "new" National Enquirer- since when is celebrity gossip worthy of "NEWS"?

drop the "news" of celebrities- do not care and those of us mature enough to have a real life don't care either.

41st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would like an option other than HuffPost news. I

I would like some more middle of the road option to HuffPost news. If only one can be used, I think it is only right that we should be seeing a more objective news source if we are forced to have only one.

125th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make the tabs a little bigger for people with fat fingers like me

Make the boxes bigger so I hit the right button when I'm typing. It would be nice to be able to hit the send once. Or tap the side menu and the right thing beingclicked

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keep putting written e-mails into draft, go to retrieve it and it's not there only subject and receiver.

Hold e-mails in drafts complete after they have been written might be a good idea. Stop erasing work done, AOL

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 57th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO ADD A BLOCK ICON TO STOP THE SPAM THAT I RECEIVE ? IT WOULD BE A LOT EASIER TO GET RID OF THE JUNK !

WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO ADD A BLOCK ICON TO STOP THE SPAM THAT I RECEIVE ? IT WOULD BE A LOT EASIER TO GET RID OF THE JUNK ! MAYBE NEXT TO THE TRASH CAN ?

207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. put blocking mail in the headers

block or perm delete email contact should be a button along with the delete move and read buttons. that way you dont have to go through half a dozen pages just to block someone. by the time i get there i forgot the name of the address i wanted to block.

60th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Delete spam in say 30 days.

I would like an automatic spam deletion in about 30 days.

163rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 45th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Change of voice on "You have got mail"

Change of voice on "You have got mail".

Where is the original female voice: " you've got mail gone to?"

Today when I opened my email I was met with a horrible Male Voice. Beneath that I found a set voices which are terrible to listen to.

Please can you restore the original female voice for me?

Thanks in advance.

DR CLEMENT AKATENG MD

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Previous system was better

In every aspect this new set up is a disaster. The script is too small, I can’t open my folder, there isn’t nor item that’s been sn improvement. Provide phone numbers so we can get help!!! I useAOL for work, it is ****.

274th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. How can AOL.com mail open .docx attachments without first downloading? Please advise. Thank you.

Unlike IE, AOL.com mail fails to open .docx attachments using Firefox, without first downloading these files. How can this be fixed? Please advise. Thank you.

207th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base