AOL Mail

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

Our Feedback Policy provides more information about posting on this forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fraudulent incoming mail

WHY is AOL allowing delivery of fraudulent incoming email claiming to be AOL!?! My current example....
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Fri, Jul 3, 2020 8:03 am
    Subject: New Terms And Policy

AOL UPGRADE - EMAIL SERVICE 

Hello,

As you've used your email address in the last 90 days, we need to let you know about some changes we're making.
    We're closing some of our older email services. That means your AOL email address will stop working after 11th July, 2020 unless you switch to AOL OATH. If you don't, you'll lose your email address as…

473rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I cannot forward emails. I get the message: Leave site? changes you made may not be saved, leave or cancel. How can I correct this?

I cannot forward emails. I get the message: "Leave site? Changes you made may not be saved, leave or cancel." How can I correct this?

749th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  2 comments  ·  Sending  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I'm having an issue composing an email. Please advise.

At this moment, I'm unable to compose a message. There should be a number that we can contact AOL for assistance.

271st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Deleting Multiple Emails at a time

With this new AOL Mail format I cannot do multiple delete of emails like I could up until Friday. ( click on one email , hold down shift key and click another email 10, 20, 30 or more down the list. All got checked and I clicked on delete.Poof all 30 gone.) . NOW i have to click on each and every email , one at at time, and hit delete. Way too tedious and I do not have time for such nonsense. After 25 years with AOL I will be leaving.

271st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. DELETE ADS ANYWHERE ON AOL SCREEN; I DON'T NEED TO PAY FOR THEM; NOT INTERESTED.

DELETE ADS ANYWHERE ON AOL SCREEN; I DON'T NEED TO PAY FOR THEM; NOT INTERESTED. SOME SUCH AS BAT TSHIRT I SAID WAS OFFENSE & ITS STILL THERE.

473rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. switch accounts

Mimic the ability to switch AOL accounts easily like Gmail does.
    One can click upper right to see current email address plus any others
    one has which just requires one click to get too.
    Super convenient rather than having to relog in.

271st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unsubscribe does not work.

How about you leave well enough alone and go back to letting us click 'SPAM' and you eliminate that email and all future go to SPAM. Now I get a notification from AOL about 'do I want to unsubscribe - we will send a request to the sender....' That way, later on I get a bounced email and continue to get their **** in my inbox.

338th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Spam  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop the racism in the chat about the presidency board.

people are saying stuff like this:
    JULIA WHITE
    👱🏿‍♀️👱🏿‍♀️MITY F'AGGOT FK FILTH .........has abt 30 names..he is a LYING SCUMBAG ,,,TROLLER OF CHID CHAT RMS........ looking for young boys👱🏿‍♀️👱🏿‍♀️👱🏿‍♀️

👱🏿‍♀️👱🏿‍♀️MITY F'AGGOT FK FILTH .........has abt 30 names..he is a LYING SCUMBAG ,,,TROLLER OF CHID CHAT RMS........ looking for young boys👱🏿‍♀️👱🏿‍♀️👱🏿‍♀️

👱🏿‍♀️👱🏿‍♀️MITY F'AGGOT FK FILTH .........has abt 30 names..he…

749th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop reporting negative so called news related to Trump. Voter polls? Seems like AOL is trying to sway the public away from Trump?

Stop reporting negative so called news related to Trump. Voter polls? Seems like AOL is trying to sway the public away from Trump?

338th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 473rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. AOL news is funded by DNC, George Soros and other terrorist groups

Discussion of AOL's fake news and left leaning bias.

338th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Increase the maximum allowed Filter Settings - 50 is not enough

The Filter Settings, with their limited function, require us to set one filter per each action. With a maximum of 50, this is not enough. Either increase the maximum number of filters or add better functionality to the filter settings. For example, with Gmail you can add multiple email addresses, comma separated within curly brackets to tell all my subscriptions to filter to my "Subscriptions" folder, just as an example.

147th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. smtp.verizon.net not responding 5/25/20; was working 5/24/20

$ ping smtp.verizon.net
    PING smtp.verizon.g03.yahoodns.net (74.6.141.44): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 74.6.141.44: icmp_seq=0 ttl=54 time=23.615 ms

So what's the problem?

338th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. My email isn't working: how do I get help?????????????????????????????????????

My email isn't working: receive works, but not send. I can't get any help? I tried to use your online help, but it isn't helping. I am a longtime Verison (AOL) email user. Nothing has changed on my end. This problem affects multiple PCs in my house. I can't wait until the coronavirus goes away to get this fixed. Thanks.

191st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop the left-wing propaganda. You have no X-gen or Millennial customers so why push this **** on your existing customers from 25 years ago

At the very least, let me block all news from AOL so I don't get ****** off enough to change my email. Beyond disgusting how much left wing propaganda you shove in our faces.

338th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disruptive Flashing ****** Ads

This is not necessary and I find it highly disruptive when I've trying to read emails and there are vibrators and such flashing! You stated you need to sell ad space, but for this category? If the feedback is appreciated, than kindly do something about it.
    I turned in the ad, and they still continue to flash. Apparently, reporting it does nothing.

338th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 749th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Composing: Trying to enter email addresses that are in my contact list will not work. I keep getting stopped and sent to another site.

Entering contacts on the TO line for Composing will not work. After entering just two letters of the surname it stops allowing me to continue keying and gives me the question:
    "Leaving current site? Allow or Continue"
    If I ALLOW, it kicks me over to some weird page, or if I CONTINUE, it puts my cursor back on the TO line but does not allow me to enter.

749th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. delate all from a sender

These days a user receives many emails from senders such as businesses. In order to manager inbox, it would be a very nice function if I could click on flag to delete all emails from one sender instead of being forced to select one by one.

191st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Receiving  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. STOP TRASHING TRUMP EVERY DAY

STOP TRASHING TRUMP EVERY DAY

749th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)