Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

27 results found

1. Since the March 4, 2019 update 11.0.2197, my AOL Gold 9.8.2 has shut off many times per hour. Task Master shows the AOL memory at 55% and di

Since the March 4, 2019 update 11.0.2197, my AOL Gold 9.8.2 has shut off many times per hour. Task Master shows AOL using 55% of my memory and 98% of the disc when this happens. I called your tech support on March 8 and was told to uninstall/reinstall AOL Gold. This has not helped. What is happening with this new OATH update?

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps:

1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. AOL One Point is not compatible with Desktop Gold or Edge. Only with Chrome. You call this a benefit?

Your tech, Zak tried to find an extension for Aol One Point for Desktop Gold and also Edge. He found One point was not Compatible with either browser, only Chrome. This is ridiculous. Who was asleep at the switch? Please correct this. Otherwise remove One Point because it is not a benefit or else sate its limitations

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The AOL Desktop Gold and the Microsoft EDGE browsers do not support extensions, therefore the AOL One Point does not run on these browsers.

The AOL Desktop Gold comes with its own password manager, which can be used to easily store login credentials for your favorite sites. To learn how to enable this feature, please check the following article: https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-enable-disable-the-browser-password-manager-in-aol-desktop-gold

4. eharmony.com website does not open on the aol browser

eharmony.com website does not open on the aol browser

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try to clear the footprints. Here’s how:

a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

If you still encounter issues call at 1-888-265-3733.

5. I am currently having trouble opening a certain website in which I was able to use before, the website is Hilton Honors

I am currently having trouble opening a certain website in which I was able to use before, the website is Hilton Honors

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Try clearing the footprints from AOL Desktop Gold. If the issue persists, please call us at 1-888-265-3733 so one of our agents can further investigate.

6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please power cycle (reboot) your modem/router, by following these steps:
    Switch off and unplug the power from your modem/router.
    Leave both unplugged for 30 seconds.
    Plug the power back into the modem/router and verify that you are again connected to the Internet.

If you still encounter issues call us at 1-888-265-3733

7. save web passwords case 06736181

If a previous feature - from 9.8 - is not working - and may never work - then why not block the menu item with "currently under construction" or some other message and not send the user through hoops that ultimately do not work - just admit the fact that no one has tested this "gold" version.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold