Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. Why are we not allowed to use any font we have downloaded on our computers in email? Why are we limited to only a few fonts to choose from?

Why are we not allowed to use any font we have downloaded on our computers in email? Why are we limited to only a few fonts to choose from?

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AOL Desktop Gold uses fonts that are available by default for most users. Fonts on any specific computer are only on that one computer, meaning, if you were to write an email using a custom font on your computer, it would not be the same font on the computer where a recipient is reading that email which could corrupt the view the sender was expecting.  

2. how to block/stop emails from unknownsender@unknowndomain

This address does not allow you to add it to your blocked email list.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In some cases, you can click on "Details" on the read mail window. This will show you the coded header files and possible display the true email address where the email came from. You can then use this email address to block mails. 

3. Can AOL change the InBox setting with the senseless OLD MAIL

I hope someday that AOL will realize how disastrous the OLD MAIL feature is in the IN BOX. The email drops into the OLD box and if you do not notice it, you lose the email!!! It is one of the worst settings that I have ever experienced in my 23 years of using AOL!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. AN AOL GOLD SENT VIRUS WILL LOCK UP YOUR COMPUTER FOR NON-PAYMENT

IF A CREDIT CARD PAYMENT TO AOL IS DECLINED, IN THIS CASE A $3.99 MONTHLY FEE, THE AOL GOLD PROGRAM UPON OPENING, WILL SEND A COMPUTER LOCK TO DISABLE ANY FURTHER MOVEMENT, ACTION OR NAVIGATION REQUIRING CUSTOMER TO Ctrl-Alt-Delete TO ESCAPE THE AOL COMPUTER LOCK. NOT ONLY IS THIS ACTION ILLEGAL BUT UNETHICAL. THIS ILLEGAL TACTIC FURTHER CONFIRMS AND DEFINES THE ONGOING UNIVERSE OF CORRUPTION IN WHICH AOL OPERATES.  HOLDING A PAYING CUSTOMER'S COMPUTER PRISONER FOR NON-PAYMENT OF A MONTHLY CHARGE IS DESPICABLE BUSINESS PRACTICE AND CORRUPT CORPORATE CONDUCT.

THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE SUMMARILY FIRED IF NOT PROSECUTED:  Tim Armstrong,…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If your payment was declined, you’ll get a pop-up saying that you need to update the payment, but it’s only blocking AOL Desktop Gold, not the entire computer. You can click on “I’ll do it later” which will close the screen.    

5. New version 11.0.4121.0 is no longer compatible with Windows 7

After spending more than 2 hours with live help, I was informed that the subject version no longer plays well with Windows 7 (embedded photos in mail crash the software and opening a file in desktop gold no longer works) As others have said, I like Win7 and don't like the later versions. The latest revision cuts out your Win7 users and I'm contemplating dropping my almost 30 year subscription to AOL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AOL GOLD CREATED NON-PAYMENT VIRUS

AN AOL GOLD SENT VIRUS WILL LOCK UP YOUR COMPUTER FOR NON-PAYMENT
    IF A CREDIT CARD PAYMENT TO AOL IS DECLINED, IN THIS CASE A $3.99 MONTHLY FEE, THE AOL GOLD PROGRAM UPON OPENING, WILL SEND A COMPUTER LOCK TO DISABLE ANY FURTHER MOVEMENT, ACTION OR NAVIGATION REQUIRING CUSTOMER TO Ctrl-Alt-Delete TO ESCAPE THE AOL COMPUTER LOCK. NOT ONLY IS THIS ACTION ILLEGAL BUT UNETHICAL. THIS ILLEGAL TACTIC FURTHER CONFIRMS AND DEFINES THE ONGOING UNIVERSE OF CORRUPTION IN WHICH AOL OPERATES. HOLDING A PAYING CUSTOMER'S COMPUTER PRISONER FOR NON-PAYMENT OF A MONTHLY CHARGE IS DESPICABLE BUSINESS PRACTICE AND CORRUPT CORPORATE…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AOL Desktop Gold requires a subscription to use it. If you no longer have a current subscription the product will not allow you to sign on until you do have a current subscription. AOL will NEVER prevent or block anything on your computer. If you received a communication stating anything different, it is a scam. Please call 866-265-5070 and report it. 

7. When I try to delete an email on my list of emails, it often just brings up the whole email or the next email.

When I try to delete an email in my list of emails, it just brings the whole email up, or brings the next email up . Maddening.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. You can improve my aol if you will address the matter at hand that you will see in the below boc

My idea would be this: For the people out there that want their aol icon either back on their desktop or either on their google desk top that comes up when u click on google, u are telling us to click on the icon beside the clock on the tool bar that says "expand'" I don't have an icon beside my clock that u can click expand, so, now what?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Number of SPAM e-mails used to be displayed in "inbox" (same as for # new e-mails,old e-mails,etc). Please reinstate this feature.

Reinstate display of NUMBER of SPAM e-mails. Tech told me that you have eliminated this.The number of old e-mails, new e-mails, drafts, etc. are all shown. I'd also like to know when SPAM has been received so I can remember it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  1 comment  ·  Toolbar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make an easy way to delete SPAM with fewer strokes

We need a" delete all " choice on the "recently deleted file". Now you have to choose the first file and scroll down and with the amount of spam out there this is a pain.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Wallpaper

AOL 8.0 allowed members change the background of the AOL desktop different designs like fire place, spring background images and also members could change the color of the toolbar. Please bring back this cool tool.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  0 comments  ·  Toolbar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PLEASE REMOVE THE MICROSOFT.NET FRAMEWORD 4.8 POPUP FROM MY COMPUTER

Can you remove and/or tell me how to remove the MICROSOFT.NET FRAMEWORK 4.8 popup AOL placed on my computer? It deactivates all forward progress unless closed or canceled and is really invasive. Thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I understand this looks invasive, but .NET Framework is a Microsoft component and it has to be updated regularly for other programs to work properly, not just AOL Desktop Gold. You can continue to cancel or close the window, but at some point, you will need to update this specific component as well as part of your Windows Updates. Thanks for understanding!

13. Change favorites back to being alphibetical

How do I reset favorites to be automatically listed when saved in alphabetical order as it use to be? I want all favorites to be listed alphabetically not added to the bottom of the favorite listings.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Favorites  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Alphabetical sort is now controlled via a setting. This is set in the Favorites settings. To change this, click on Settings button on the toolbar, then in the Settings page select Favorites along the left side, then it should open up to the General tab. In the Sort By dropdown you can select A-Z

14. Unhappy customer

I have been with AOL a very long time !! I have never experience the unfavorable customer service i have received from live chat 2 times they just cut me off. second one messed up my aol that I have to delete each one by one . the other two just cut me off, I am asking if you no longer want me as a customer please tell me. I have been a customer every since aol came out and stand with you when all the other stared come. I am very disappointed in your service i have received in…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

15. AOL should win a prize for worst Tech support on the planet.

Have you ever had to call AOL Tech support? You get some terrible speaking, broken English lady in the Philippines who does not know either. Embarrassingly ridiculous ongoing AOL service. Hey AOL, that's the company you work for. So, this is the pinnacle of your career?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're sorry to hear about your experience. It's certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We're sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we've captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

16. Email address for AOL to forward fraud. That way we can alert AOL of stuff currently circulating.

Most companies have a email account where one can forward, from their personal AOL account, to that company to report a suspected fraud email. Such as: abuse@AOL.com This would save a lot of time. PS What is user voice?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Telephone support

Your support service is horrid. Please have someone call me at 845 536 3189

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Just got an email from AOL - Is it legitimate or not???

I just got the email below (copied) it was sent by sentesi@aol.com. Is this legitimate or not??? please advise asap!
    AOL MAIL

Prior to AOL! Agreement

"Starting on November 10th, 2021, AOL! customers who have not updated their email account will no longer be able to log in to their AOL and through email addresses.

Customers will have to Verify their email address to confirm
    Kindly click on the attachment to re-login and verify now! We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

CLICK HERE TO VERIFY NOW

Thank you

Privacy  |   Copyright © AOL Inc, 2021. All rights  reserved

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The “Check For Updates” option in the Help menu of the new AOL Desktop, will trigger the updates to download, but will not display a confirmation message when it is finished, as the updates are installed in the background. Keep the AOL Desktop signed in for at least 20 minutes then close and reopen the software. The update should automatically upload.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base