AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update mailbox.

E mail says to update my mailbox. Sounds fishy. Is this legit?

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to be able to retrive my email and use my favorites

Make your service actually work. I've spent hours on the phone with your techs and reported the "BUG" numerous time with no solution.
    I'm a VERY VERY LONG TIME PAYING CUSTOMER. Your lack of customer service is AWFUL!!!!!

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future

3. Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

4. Official AOL Emails should be marked as such more clearly

Mark official AOL emails more clearly like they were before. They seem to have a slightly different color mail icon but previously the icon & the actual email when opened was clearly indicated as "Official AOL Email". Also if they are indicated as official AOL correspondence how do these emails sometimes end up in the Spam/Junk folder? In this day of so much spam it is important to know what is official.

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

6. Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

197 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In order to disable the prompt, please follow these steps:
    1. Open the AOL Desktop Gold and sign in.
    2. Click on the ‘Mail’ menu on the top left.
    3. Select ‘Mail Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
    4. Uncheck ‘Confirm before deleting items’, and close the window (changes are saved automatically).

7. Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We apologize for the long hold time you experienced and we’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

8. Ever since I went to AOL Desktop Gold I'm getting a lot of ad e-mails and **** e-mails and I'm not very happy about it!!

Ever since I went to AOL Desktop Gold I'm getting a lot of ad e-mails and **** e-mails and I'm not very happy about it, especially since I'm paying you. Also, there's no easy way to block these sites without opening the e-mail. Please respond with a solution.

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Spam”, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify unwanted emails in the future. You can also block specific senders by going to the Mail menu on the top left, and selecting “Block Unwanted Mail” from the drop-down menu, then adding the senders emails address in the Sender Filter’s block list.

9. Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. email changes

I keep getting emails to change my aol mail to a non-aol email application. Why am I paying for AOL Gold if I can no longer get my mail safely on it?

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Clicking on a link for a Zoom conference breaks AOL.

Found out this is a feature, not a bug, using the browser contained within AOL's ecosystem. Workaround is forwarding the email to another address or accessing AOL mail via the web. This is about security, I was told by a tech, but it's pain. Zoom is VERY widely used in these coronavirus days, so AOL, please get with it.

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into the issue you are experiencing.
    To do that, please follow these steps:
    1. Open AOL Desktop Gold.
    2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu.
    3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

12. I tried your offer to download AOL Desktop Gold for another computer when I did the question was do you want to cancel the AOL I have?

Why do you offer: Download AOL Desktop Gold for another computer. I tried and your question was: You already have AOL, down you want to replace it? I have two PCs and I thought the offer was for the second PC?

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "Interactive Preview" of attached images & videos, only work once.

First, Thank you - That is a great feature you added.

Now, as the subject says. I move the cursor over the name of the attached image and can only see the preview once. If I move the cursor off then back on, no more.. Even selecting the "Interactive Preview" in the dropdown doesn't help..
    Unselect the email, reselect it, and I get the 'one view' again, but just the one view until I move the cursor off the name..

Kind of starange action, and an annoyance of a great feature.

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please send us a crash report in order for our engineers to look into this issue. To do that, please follow these steps: 1. Open AOL Desktop Gold. 2. Click on Help on the top right, and select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu. 3. Type a short description of the problem, and click Send.

15. I have received two emails from AOL (important security notice) regarding AOL Email. It said I am using a non- aol application for my email

I have receive two emails from AOL (important security notice) regarding my Email account. It says I have been using a non-aol application and I must do one of three options by Oct. 20th. If I have been using a non-aol app, I certainly am not aware of it. Is this msg really from aol or is it some type of scam?

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. i have sent repeated bug report

I have sent repeated bug reports and still have no resolution. I have contacted support, they went into my system and reinstalled the software but since the issue wasn’t resolved they advised to send a bug report. But the bug reports do NOTHING!! My issue is still here on the gold desktop software. I can't switch between new, old and sent mail tabs in aol gold desktop software without very long delays. Most of the time it just freezes. Secondly, all of my sent mail shows TO: before the email address and therefore I can't sort my mail. When is…

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. fix the e-mail

check my e-mail and it says have 325 e-mails but only 12 show up. shows I got 300 spam mails but only 4-5 show up .

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. REMOVE THE 5 AOL ITEMS YOU HAVE ADDED INTO MY 'FAVORITE PLACE

REMOVE THE 5 AOL ITEMS YOU HAVE ADDED INTO MY 'FAVORITE PLACES' I SHOULD HAVE THE CHOICE WHAT TO PUT IN THERE-I AM AFTER ALL PAYING FOR THIS SITE AND YOU HAVE NOW CLOGGED UP MY LIST, PUT THEM ALL ON TOP, AND I CAN'T EVEN SEND THEM TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST OR DELETE THEM.
    I DON'T CARE ABOUT OR USE ANY OF THEM. TAKE THEM OUT.

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. AOL verification code -

Got and email
    AOL Your verification code is [ letters given ]
    What is this - a scam or what. Been on AOL for years and never seen this!!!

Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 49 50
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base