AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Open in External Application?" message

When using AOL Desktop Gold, I have regularly been receiving a message asking me if I want to “Open Application in External Window?” If I click on the “details” button in that message window, I see: ttp://csync.loopme.me?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fmatch.bnmla.com%2Fusersync%3Fdspid%3D181%26uuid%3D%5BUUID%5D

I participated in a chat with AOL tech support (case number 01080092), allowed tech support to remotely control my computer, and we went through these steps: re-installed the ADG software, and cleared the cache and cookies. The problem remains unresolved. Please advise.

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AOL-NEWS-CENSORSHIP

Drop Yahoo.com - I notice you piggy back your news on Y.COM- If they don't agree with your opinions, or even scientific facts or evidence, they censor you! AOL-GOLD is a paid site. They have no right to censor paid customers... I understand about profanity, but look, if you're going to have a discussion page, people will come there from both sides of the fence to voice their 'opinions' and have a conversation. A 1-SIDED APPROACH IS NOT A CONVERSATION. GET RID OF YAHOO - THEY ARE WORTHLESS.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Repulsive Ads

Here's an idea: stop posting repulsive ads such as this one:

"Take A Look Inside Jen Psaki's Repulsive Life"

Keep the radical right out of my living room. If it's not Jen Psaki, it's Hilary Clinton's "repulsive home". If you're allowing such ads, you're unethical and irresponsible - and creepy.

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add "To" Address to Address Book Automatically

Please restore the feature that added the "To" address to the Address Book automatically when sending an e-mail. This used to be an optional setting, but that option is no longer there.

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Blocking spam email addresses

I am finally desperate. I've been asking, along with others, that an "add" button be added to my Spam Controls blocking list. The current blocking doesn't work and I cannot add new email addresses to my blocked list. WHY? This used to work. The Spam emails are getting cruder and more sexually graphic and inappropriate for me. PLEASE FIX THIS; I AM DESPERATE TO GET RID OF THIS NONSENSE.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please restore my ability to comment...enough is enough

Please restore my ability to post comments....enough is enough....

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Difficulties

Again, I'm unable to edit my address book. I have repeatedly tried to no avail. Each time, I've entered the changes and hit save. Each time, the changes haven't been made. I'm a AOL Gold member; why?

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pleae stop this lick bait on all news stories by having to click next. Im not playing that game, nor will I.

Please stop this click bait on news stories by having to click next. I will not participate. JUST REPORT THE NEWS IN A FULL PAGE

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop Showing News about the Radical White Supremacist former "President" Trump

Many times when I open my Welcome Screen which pops up first when I want to check my mail, I see news and pictures about Trump first lately. To me, this is not what America is about - to once again be showing the latest about a pasty, overweight, radical white supremacist and anti-environmentalist who did great harm to our nation - our former "president" making your headlines again. Do you think most Americans want to look at at that let alone read about it? Have some consideration and show some humanity. This specimen does not represent Democracy, and any…

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove the three worthless boxes at the end of subject line.

Because of these 3 boxes, I deleted the line. Found it in deleted file and when I did a restore, the email completely disappeared. Could not find it anywhere. Really great......

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow MOVE an email between: Inbox, Drafts, Deleted, Sent or Spam

On my smartphone or tablet AOL APP: I can move an email from any of my lists to any other list.
    On my desktop gold, I do not have that full flexibility. Please add this function to the desktop gold AOL

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Any chance we'll get back the ability to hit Ctrl and Enter and have it Send our emails?

AOL used to allow us to use our keyboard to Send an email by simply holding down the Ctrl key and hitting the Enter key.

Any chance they can add that back again. It should be a very simple macro command.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. sensorship

Can anyone tell me why ALL of my comments are REJECTED ????
    I am a paying customer for 30 years.

13th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Why do I have to delete emails one email at a time twice?

Why can't we do as we do for Spam mail?

13th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. My Maill Folders

in My Mail Folders I used to be able to set settings to retain sent mail..which I have but it doesn't. Retain Received mail does work. How do I fix this please as there are some email I want to keep

13th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SAMEH TWAL commented · November 18, 2021 7:55 AM · Flag as inappropriate Why am I still repeatedly getting emails from spam/scam address

SAMEH TWAL commented · November 18, 2021 7:55 AM · Flag as inappropriate
    Why am I still repeatedly getting lots spam emails from spam/scam addresses that I already have blocked in my "block mail Box containing receiving block emails do somethings about please I am really tired repeating blocking
    Sameh Twal

13th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please forward a request to get a way to change the incoming font for every email.

Please forward a request to get a way to change the incoming font for every email.

13th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1

13th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. With the over whelming Spam. We need to have more data room blocking Spam addresses

With all the spam we are getting. We need more than a 1000 data storage for Blocking spam email without extra charge.

19th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base