AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AOL gold freezes every day

Everyday AOL GOLD freezes up and I have to use Google. Why am I paying you to use your desktop if it does not work!! YOU SHOULD BE PAYING ME TO USE AOL GOLD!!! Don't force people to use this ****! FIX IT ALREADY!! I AM PAYING YOU 3.99 a MONTH SO IS EVERYONE ELSE!!!

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

121 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your report, our engineers are actively working on the issues you have described.
    Please follow the steps:
    1. Open AOL Desktop Gold→Export the data by going to Edit→General Settings→My Data→Export/Backup→Select the location for your backup and then Save→Click on “OK” without entering a password→Wait until the export finishes.
    2. If AOL Desktop Gold does not launch or it freezes right away→Go to the search bar on the lower left corner on Windows and type “Run”→Type in the Run box the word “appdata” then OK→Click on “Local”→Go to “AOLDesktopData”→Right click on the folder called “db” and select “Copy” and paste it on the Desktop screen.
    3. Then, go back to Local→Right click on “AOLDesktopData” and then select “Rename” and type in “AOLDesktopData1”.
    4. Uninstall the current AOL Desktop Gold version by going to Control Panel→Programs and features (Windows 7) or Apps and Features (Windows 10).
    5. Install AOL

2. Sign in to post?

Why are you all of a sudden asking me to sign-in to post a comment when I'm already signed in AOL? I've figured a work-around, but why are you doing this in the first place? A form of censorship? (I've already written to Verizon Media about this.)

5th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  99 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. My inbox is getting more and more COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS. I pay for AOL service, I do NOT PAY TO HAVE TO DELETE unwanted email.

My idea is for you to NOT keep sending me emails that are ADVERTISEMENTS. i'M SICK TO DEATH of money-grubbing huge multinational corporations trying so desperately to get MORE AND MORE AND MORE MONEY from me, and other people with limited incomes. It's disgusting and you people ought to be ashamed of yourselves. But of course you are not, because MONEY is all that will ever capture your attention.

3rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  35 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Gold ********!!!!!!!!!

This covers everything about AOL Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AOL has completely gone to the HAWG pen with all and slop included...........
    9.8 version..... Please bring back. Gold still has too many issues after how many years????????
    *** SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

7th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Article length

How about stating how many pages one has to click through until the final conclusion of an article. After 4-5 I give up.

9th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I have the following problem with my account for no reason.

I keep getting asked (actually almost ordered) to add my mobil phone.number to my account. What if I don't have one? Some people don't, you know. I am 88 and don't plan to buy a smart phone..

30th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Put the option to opt out of interest based advertising back

AOL changed the opt out of interest based advertising. It used to be easy , now it's so complicated and doesn't actually let you have the option anymore. You used to be able to get it down to only a few, but now, with that option removed. You are subject to an average of 135 different companies tracking and targeting you.AOL doesn't care bout the customer, they are only about advertising, if we pay for AOL service, they only profit more. AOL, no longer stands for "America On Line" It's "Advertising On LIne"

10th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please keep AOL Browser Updated

Keep the AOL browser updated so I can use YouTube here.
    You Tube has been giving me this alert lately:

We’ll stop supporting this browser soon. For the best experience please update your browser.

20th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. So when are you going to make your subscribers happy? When are we going to be able to write an e-mail with our choice of stationary?

PLEASE PLEASE bring back all the options we had for writing e-mails... the stationery, the automation. WHEN are you going to think about what your subscribers want?
    Oh, and all the pop-up!? Good heavens!!!!!

25th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. news delete

Give me the option to delete your news feed, I don't need to be told how to think.

1st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  69 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. AOL Return Responses – Notify Us

AOL Return Responses – Notify Us

When submitting a Bug or Feedback report, why can’t AOL send an email indicating they have responded with an answer?

Finding your responses on Feedback can be difficult and I usually don’t take the time to check, since often there are no responses. All you need to do is to link our email address, which is included in our report, to your responses.

27th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Get rid of the point system! It means nothing except a popularity contest and that is NOT what AOL is supposed to be!

The point system is a popularity contest and that's disgusting! If people don't like a post then, fine, thumbs down, but now giving points for the number of posts, the number of posts that are liked or read, is ridiculous, unfair, and totally disgusting. GET RID OF IT!

79th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. What's wrong with welcome page?

I log in and get this ****!!!

Aceshigh71...
    Mail
    Downloads Downloads
    Smartphone apps, free mobile apps, latest news on mobile applications and smartphones AOL App
    A listing of all AOL sites, from A to Z Discover AOL
    MyBenefits MyBenefits
    ID Theft Protection ID Theft Protection
    Travel Tips Travel Tips
    Play hundreds of free online games Games
    Favorites Favorites
    Mapquest Maps
    Tech Help Tech Help
    PC Checkup PC Checkup
    Live Help Live Help
    Refresh
    51° Vicksburg City or Zip
    Change weather location
    City or Zip
    Mail
    Aceshigh717
    News
    U.S. News
    World News
    Politics
    Sports
    Science & Tech
    Entertainment
    Celebrity
    Movies …

39th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  18 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hi - I would like it if you could block emails with certain words in them.

Please allow us to block emails with certain words in them. I get about 20 emails a day that are spa but I can't block them with keywords. The email addresses with todays tech have about 20 different character combos so you can't effectively block them by selecting just the email address.

23rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. too much

I was just trying to read the article on the young lad with a crooked smile, but there was so much other that it was hard to find the pieces of the story. Does anyone there give a about the story's readability? Does anyone read the **** that you post? Someone should.

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Restore original AOL features and Upgrade Values of News Content

There are many issues that need to be addressed in AOL Gold and I have reached out many times to customer service. It takes 15 minutes for the program to let me sign in... My major complaint is the content in which AOL is reporting in the news feed. It is one step away from The Nat'l Enquirer. Celebrities who crave publicity and crooks who prey on children seem to spotlight the headlines. I won't bother mentioning politics since we all are aware of the bias...AOL used to give choices as to what news we need on a daily basis.…

11th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Print Preview

Get rid of print preview or at least make a way to turn it off. It just adds extra steps to a process that is already too slow.

140th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When saved Password is not accepted, why doesn't it save the TYPED in one?

Several times, upon going to a Facebook URL, I get INCORRECT PASSWORD. I've TYPED in the new one, but AOL GOLD does not ask if I want to replace the old.
    When I went to settings>Browser>password .. There was no Facebook password saved?
    No matter how it was lost, why wasn't a "Want to Save PW asked?"

116th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. IMPORT passwords didn't work.

Because I'm not getting help from the Call-in #, or via Feedback

I deleted all existing passwords in the Desktop AOL and ran IMPORT
    Passwords. Hoping that a fresh reset my clear whatever can''t be found by AOL Support. (P.S. They put you on eternal hold then hope you hang up and leave them alone)

ONLY Firefox or Chrome are allowed in the IMPORT of Passwords and Bookmarks.
    I first selected FIrefox, as it's my major browser, but there is NO IMPORT PASSWORDS!

I changed it to Chrome. The IMPORT runs a long time, and I handled email while waiting.

250th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Quick Find - Select All- Delete

Hello, I have the most difficult time cleaning out my mail box. PLEASE YOU COULD HELP IN THIS WAY:
    Quick Find:
    Then IF you would ADD these options:
    SELECT ALL:
    DELETE:

I have to scroll to delete one email at a time..that takes hours that is why I don't do it. I have so many emails that I try to get people to send me messages in other ways. However I could quickly get ahold and manage my mail so much easier if for example:
    QUICK FIND: gnc
    then all my emails that say GNC would come up
    then
    SELECT…

192nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with:
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base