Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

229 results found

1. Benetfits

$250 Extended Computer Protection
    Protect your computer regardless of its age, with up to $250 per year in hardware repair or replacement coverage...
    FAKE NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Why can't AOL management be contacted?

Tim Armstrong: You people do a great job keeping the public at a distance. I am sure that cuts down on your work load. What I want to know is WHY is AOL so pro-black? Blacks compose 13% of the population of this country, yet everywhere I look on AOL it is black, black, black. I, and others, are very sick of this bias! Just remember WHO keeps you in business!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. remove extra step instituted yesterday re heart and insert mail article directly into e mail

as of yesterday you have an extra step to insert an article that i am sending with an e mail after clicking on the heart
    This is completely un necessary and whomever sold AOL this bill of goods should be fired and AOL should eliminate it from their menu and return to clicking on the heart and it s automatically inserted into the e mail without the extra step which just adds to the concentration being interrupted and very confusing especially since there is no need for it Perhaps this is why so many people are getting away from AOL…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. AOL Gold is as terrible as it's been since day 1. It sucks up so much memory, RAM, and resources that it makes both of my computers run ver

AOL Gold is as terrible as it's been since day 1. It sucks up so much memory, RAM, and resources that it makes both of my computers run very slowly. AOL has been promising to improve it since Day 1, and it never gets better. Every platform that AOL used before Gold worked so much better than this disaster.I'm glad that Verizon sold AOL so maybe the new owners will care enough to improve it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Update notification

Software updates are on auto and the only way to know is if the system icon is hidden by the system clock. A better way would be to have a little bubble pop up, letting you know and then you go from here.

This is how java and macrium reflect work. Or fix the check for updates option in the help menu.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Quit showing phony stories of people's looks, how they live, and lies

Be truthful and shorten stories where we have to click over and over to get the point of your stories which are very boring. You are wasting our time. Sometime the person you are featuring isn't even in the story.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. FIX AOL GOLD. IF I KNEW HOW, I'D HAVE YOUR JOB.

AOL GOLD IS PROBLEMATIC WHENEVER AND WHEREVER I USE IT, REGARDLESS OF THE TYPE OR BRAND COMPUTER. AOL GOLD PROBLEMATIC STATE IS MOST CONTINUALLY ACKNOWLEDGED BY AOL TECH SUPPORT THROUGHOUT THE WORLD. I HAVE USED AOL GOLD IN DIFFERENT CITIES, STATES AND COUNTRIES WITH CONNECTION SPEEDS FROM 0.25 MBS TO OVER 50 MBS AND IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. AOL GOLD HAS BUILT-IN FLAWS AND INCONSISTENCIES MAKING IT ONE OF THE WORST AND USER UNFRIENDLY ONLINE PROGRAMS IN EXISTENCE. SADLY, THIS ALL HAPPENED AFTER THE VERIZON ACQUISITION AND THE RECONFIGURATION OF THE AOL PROGRAM INTO "AOL DESKTOP GOLD". IT HAS NOW…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Community Leaders

Back in the day, AOL had volunteers known as Community Leaders that helped control their chat rooms and games. Once they were removed, that is when AOL started to fall apart and continue to go down hill. So, why not make AOL great again by not only bringing back chat rooms, but the volunteer program that helped make and keep AOL a fun, enjoyable place for people to come and use?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support deficiencies in AOL

Your "chat" is the worst! I am a paying customer and have been on "hold" for over an hour on the phone and so I tried the "chat" and that is just as bad. You need to start providing better support to keep the few paying accounts you still have! I have been a member for almost 30 years!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix the problems that have been going on forever!

Fix the problems that have been going on forever. We don't want to keep going through this so If you can't fix things, just say so and close your doors once and for all.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Not found!

I am a longtime AOL customer with the latest updates. The suggestion I am hereby making is relatively small but would improve my experience. Almost every time I sign on to AOL, I get an immediate suggestion that I would benefit from subscribing to "Techfort" or "System Mechanic". I am a long time subscriber to BOTH of these programs. These offers then require their deletion before moving on to my desired activities. An AOL filter that removes these offers from those of us who already have these programs would be nice. Thanks! - C. White

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Remove ****

remove: "Male Elongator-Wife Chokes On Guy's Member", Male Enhancement "ED News", "*** Secrets-Pictures of your wife nakekd", Attract Women-"Single guys:make any girl want to sleep with you - free video", "Elongation Secret-Husband Finds Elongation Secret...", "Ready to have better ", "Tense This Muscle for 1 Minute to unlock massive growth", Elongation Secret...12 inch elongation secret", "Husband Finds Elongation Secret", " Support - Pictures of your wife naked", "Husband Finds Elongation Secret", "Drive Your Partner Crazy in Bed Tonight", "Wife Chokes On Guy's Member", "Male Elongator", "Rock Hard 5Firming...your partner deserves a harder performance", "Male Elongator - ***** Bacteria Linked to…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. aol desktop gold requirements

What are the minimum and recommended computer requirements for aol desktop gold? Does aol desktop gold run better on amd or intel cpu hardware, how much ram is needed?

This info doesn't appear in the help section, typing in aol desktop gold system requirements.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. **** E-mail left for me on Christmas Day Dec. 25, 2020:

"Ready to have better ?", "Subject: Feminist HATE this ** Trick...", "Male Elongator", My idea: STOP the *********** AOL!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. AOL FINALLY had an article that the headline described perfectly!

This is the headline that actually told us what the article was about and, even better, the article didn't give a bunch of unnecessary back-story for us to have to wade through:

Disappearing sea exposes wild facility the Soviets tried to hide
    When low sea levels exposed an old chemical research plant, explorers weren't ready for the artifacts it held.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. reporting problems

I have reported several new problems and have never received the courtesy of any response.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. AOL Gold has removed and disabled useful features and added dumb ones!

That's right. e.g. AOL Gold completely screwed up the "Favorites" bookmark side window function to where you now cannot organize or move your bookmark, yet AOL permanently added (and continues to add) their own advertising bookmarks which cannot be removed and WE PAY FOR THIS? AOL disabled the ability and the capability of photos to appear in received Email and now requires photos to be downloaded to be viewed. Sometimes this function crashes the program and requires a complete reboot. Now, what kind of thinking would promote a system program like that? Moreover, AOL touts many other virtually useless AOL…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. AOL Gold? Are you kidding? If AT&T, PG&E, Dish, Direct, Cox or Disney acted like AOL, they'd be sued out of business.

Amazing AOL can actually get away with this for sooo long and still be in business. Knowingly charging customers for a defective product, obviously defective product on a global scale is basically fraud. There are in fact at least two Class-Action laws suits brought against AOL, 7 against parent company Oath and 10 + against Verizon that I know of, now pending. AOL, will, of course, just pay them off without admitting any wrongdoing, as they always do.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Images "Share" portions among other images.

I described this on 9-26 with the same title.
    It had been occurring for several previous releases, & I expected it to disappear at some point. The new Beta 2847 still does the same,

It's a minor issue, the 'copied' image portion is easy enough to remove,
    by sliding mostly off screen, and doesn't stay if saved.
    Really not worth my time to pursue. So if you don't see it when beta testing it there, it's likely something odd on my old Windows 7 system..

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories