AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AOL gold freezes every day

Everyday AOL GOLD freezes up and I have to use Google. Why am I paying you to use your desktop if it does not work!! YOU SHOULD BE PAYING ME TO USE AOL GOLD!!! Don't force people to use this ****! FIX IT ALREADY!! I AM PAYING YOU 3.99 a MONTH SO IS EVERYONE ELSE!!!

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reviewed  ·  156 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  23 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. can you please give us an option to have the light blue bar scroll tab when looking at your mails, it's irritating.

Please take out the option for this light blue bar with the trash can picture, save picture, etc to the right of this light blue bar, Its irritating when cursor is moving up or down

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. chat rooms

Why even bother with AOL , if you get rid of chat rooms?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. COMPLAINT: MAIL ADDED ICONS ON SUBJECT LINE PLEASE REMOVE

The added icons on the mail subject line is NOT USEFUL AT ALL, PLEASE REMOVE IT IMMEDIATELY. There are already icons at bottom of screen for mark unread, delete, report spam. DO NOT WANT THESE ICONS ON THE SUBJECT LINE.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Restore ability to Move an email from the Sent folder to any folder I have already created on My PC, by clicking on Move To and On My PC.

Restore ability to Move an email from the Sent folder to any folder I have already created on My PC, by clicking on "Move To" and "On My PC." The revision 11.0.3376 apparently changed this. I can still move an email from the New folder to any folder I have already created on My PC, by clicking on "Move To" and "On My PC." However, now I can only Move from my Sent folder by dragging the email to a folder I have already created in the list of "My Mail Folders." This is not a satisfactory solution for me.…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Get rid of the (3) icons to the right of each email. Especially the trash one. I keep accidently deleting my emails, and can't retrieve them

Get rid of the (3) icons to the right of each email. Especially the trash one. I keep accidently deleting my emails, and can't retrieve them

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix address book so new e mail addresses will automatically be added.

I have been with AOL for 16 years and during that time when sending a new e mail the new address would be automatically added to my address book. This system has been changed and now I am told that I have to add any new customer e mail manually. I am very unhappy with this. I have tried to get the old system back. I am sure I am not alone. I would bet that millions of customers feel the same way. The fix would be to allow those customers that want the new addresses to be saved to…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The highlight bar does not appear after deleting an email worked perfectly yesterday, called aol support helpful but still does not work

Why change things that were working perfectly.........especially not notifying about the change. Bored, need to change things to **** people off?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. adobe flash

Can AOL please stop with the reminder that Adobe Flash is not installed? Flash was discontinued by Adobe at the end of 2020. They recommend that it should be uninstalled, since it is (was) a buggy product and a security risk.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  10 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sign in to post?

Why are you all of a sudden asking me to sign-in to post a comment when I'm already signed in AOL? I've figured a work-around, but why are you doing this in the first place? A form of censorship? (I've already written to Verizon Media about this.)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  108 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Latest build of aol desktop gold 3384

I just got the latest build of aol desktop gold and there are things that I don't understand and some things that are still missing.

1) What does compact density mean? I read the text and the feature makes no sense to me at all. Maybe the feature isn't for me?

2) What is a .net 4.8 update? Is that a .net framework 4.8 update?

3) There is still no way to turn off auto updates on aol. I like the fact that I can watch the auto update work and I restart the software when prompted though.

4) There…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. My inbox is getting more and more COMMERCIAL ADVERTISEMENTS. I pay for AOL service, I do NOT PAY TO HAVE TO DELETE unwanted email.

My idea is for you to NOT keep sending me emails that are ADVERTISEMENTS. i'M SICK TO DEATH of money-grubbing huge multinational corporations trying so desperately to get MORE AND MORE AND MORE MONEY from me, and other people with limited incomes. It's disgusting and you people ought to be ashamed of yourselves. But of course you are not, because MONEY is all that will ever capture your attention.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  37 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. when highlighting my email to read the new features to delete, spam

When I am trying to read my email the new features on the highlight email, delete, spam, are causing me to delete my email by accident. This feature does not help, Let the person delete on their own

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Popularity Biden

Why did they list Trumps popularity for years yet never say a word about Bidens decreasing popularity. Is AOL one sighted?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. SPOOF Email

Getting spoof emails saying it's from my email address to my email address about an AOL Calendar reminder that is not showing on my AOL calendar (calendar.aol.com) It started happening last 2019. Collected more than 9000 about this in my specific folder Tried to create a filter so that all emails from this sender will go directly to my specific folder but now i am getting them on the inbox.
    I also see emails from the Sent folder which iI did not send. It shows that I sent out emails from Me to Me.
    Every time I click the link…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Now that the AOL computer system has erased ALL of my Mail GROUPS... I DEMAND that AOL put MY Address Book... with MY contacts... back on to

Now that the AOL computer system has erased ALL of my Mail GROUPS...
    I DEMAND that AOL put MY Address Book...
    with MY contacts...
    back on to MY computer...
    as a separate file...
    like it USED TO BE !!!!!!

AOL had NO right EVER to remove MY contacts from MY computer !!!!!!!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  17 comments  ·  Address Book  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I love History, world history, not just AMERICAN history

I do love what I am reasonably getting on my Facebook, I guess I just got on the WRONG SITE??? can we PLEASE START OVER MY BAD, PLEASE FORGIVE ME, THANK YOU!!!🙋‍♂️😇😥

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  1 comment  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 121 122
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base