AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Annoying POP UP

A box keeps popping up that says "open in external application" and will not go away until you close it. Until then you can't do anything

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't sign on securely - says your security certificate is out of date

Trying to sign in on my laptop says "This Connection is Untrusted - You asked to connect securely to api.login.aol.com. but we can't confirm that the connection is secure due to a problem with the websites security certificate (Cert Date Invalid) Such problems may indicate an attempt to steal your information.

What now???

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I can't read the stories

I have tried to read some of the stories that you post, But to no surprise.Ads pop up in "FRONT" of the story i am trying to read. Why not have the ads run below or to the side of the story.

And I don't think it is a "cute" or "slick" idea to have the next button move as you are about to click to the next page in the story.

I know you won't fix these issues so I have just stop reading them. So with me your ads don't get viewed and I don't think your advertisers…

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Wait time for aol desktop gold updates

I have noticed that when a new aol desktop gold update has been installed, on my desktop with an amd cpu, the wait time is 6 days until the next update is installed, while, on my laptop with an intel cpu, the wait time is only 2 days.

Why is this?

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. AOL desktop gold software on AMD cpu

I have noticed that for some strange reason, the aol desktop gold software runs poorly on my desktop computer that has an AMD cpu.

Upon starting the software for the first time in the day, if any link is clinked, the software appears to freeze for a good 5 minutes before unfreezing itself.

Since this issue is only present on a computer running on an AMD cpu, a hotfix should be applied. My laptop has an intel cpu and the issue isn't present with intel.

6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base