sort by sender
Sort by sender in New Mail is needed. It's available in folders, but not New Mail, which is where I like to filter things out. New Mail currently only allows to sort by date. I've had to create a new folder to put new mail into so I can sort it, but if I don't deal with it immediately it tends to get forgotten because it's not in the New Mail that I see each time I log in. Thank you!
-
kookycats5
commented
I definitely need the ability to SORT BY SENDER IN NEW MAIL. After doing a quick scroll through New Mail, I usually open the emails that must be moved and saved to a specific folder. Once I do that, I always intend to go back to New Mail at a later time and sort the remaining emails, but more times than not, I get busy or just forget to go back. Now, my New Mail inbox contains over 80K emails, going back a few years. I manage 5 different AOL email accounts (plus 3 Gmail accounts) for personal and business use.
I need to be able to sort by sender, so that I can easily weed out and delete expired store promos and other junk mail.
This used to be easy when I could group emails by sender. As it is, the current state of AOL operation is not very user-friendly. Another problem glitch occurs when I try to delete just one email using the red trash can on the far right of the email list. Instead of deleting that one email, IT OPENS IT. This is very annoying.
PLEASE PRIORITIZE THESE PROBLEMS ON THE "FIX IT' LIST AT AOL. I have been using AOL since the DIAL-UP DAYS...I have stayed with AOL all these years. Now I have so much email history saved in folders (receipts for online purchases, various notifications, etc.) ...I REALLY NEED AOL EMAIL TO FUNCTION SMOOTHLY AND SIMPLY. In comparison, I know that Gmail DOES have the capability to group emails by sender. If AOL can't get it together SOON, I will be inclined to switch ALL 5 of my AOL accounts to Gmail. Every day, I waste time being aggravated, just to manage emails. Your attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.
-
INDU GUPTA
commented
i miss old email. I have over 50K emails and sometimes mass delete by sender. Not able to do so with new one.
-
jdelcominete
commented
It might be very useful for your users to be able to sort emails by sender (and not just by date) in the new email inbox. This could make sorting emails easier when the inbox contains a lot of emails.
-
Karenska
commented
AOL!!!!! PLEASE, ALLOW NEW MAIL TO BE TOGGLED/SORTED BY SENDER! This enables your users (a dying breed) to delete mail so much easier. We boomers don't have that much time left. Resorting to the older version doesn't do it. And clicking GROUP CONVERSATION does not do it. I do not have group conversations chosen in the browser version of my AOL.
-
Marc Weldon
commented
imagine it being 2024 and not having sort features on any other column than date🤦
-
Unified Inbox Style supports more sorting options.
https://help.aol.com/articles/switch-your-inbox-style-in-aol-mail