I cannot copy and paste from Word documents properly in the new AOL format.
When I copy and paste from a Word document into the New AOL Mail it adds a carriage return, line feed to each of my carriage return line feeds and thus adds a bunch on white space throughout my documents, frequently turning a 3 page document into a 5 - 6 page document. This did not happen in the Old AOL Mail. When I save each document as a text document and then copy and paste from the text document the extra carriage return line feeds does not happen. What I found is if I match the font style and size from Word with the one from the new AOL mail, the space in between the line feeds is reduced, but is still noticeable, so if a CR AND a LF was added before then only one OR the other is added after the font matching?? Phone: Clint:
RICHARD ROGERS commented
The new AOL is adding extra line feeds to my emails. This just started happening around June of 2023. Please fix so line feeds are only put in my emails when I enter them.
Gerry Johnson commented
DO A SEARCH ON "DRAFTS" AND SEE WHAT THE HECK THEY DID TO ME. JUNE TO OCTOBER, AND MY DRAFTS STILL TOTALLY RUINED THANKS TO AOL'S "I DON'T GIVE A SHYT" ATTITUDE!!!!!
JAN Barnett commented
1) I also cannot copy and paste a photo from a word document. I have to attach a second document with the photo.
2) Since each line adds a space, I am constantly having to manually backspace each line to get rid of the extra spacing. It is very frustrating and time-consuming.
3) The font type changes throughout the email, which I also have to change to make it consistent
4) Some of the lines transfer in blue type, and the rest are black, which I also have to change
5) There is nowhere on the toolbar to choose which font I want. There is only an option of the size of the font. Where did the old tabb go that had all of the font choices such as "Times New Roman"?
CLINT CRICK commented
I do this 10 - 20 times a day as part of my business and am currently forced to save hundreds of Word documents as text documents in order to solve this problem. HELP make the New AOL Mail work as the previous Old Mail version.