Spam Filter Broken
What has happened to the Spam filter? Legitimate email is getting inexplicably place in Spam while in the middle of an on-going conversation. On 25 April, a person we were communicating with via email, sent us a follow up message. This message went to Spam without our knowledge. The person sent 3 more follow up messages, each one expressing an increased level of frustration. We also sent 3 messages because we had not heard back from the person. Today we received a very snarky email in our inbox from that same person COMPLAINING WE WERE NOT ANSWERING HER EMAILS. At that point, we went into our Spam folder to discover the unread messages.
We appreciate the Spam filter, but it should not filter out addresses we are actively emailing.
Please respond.
-
RT Ford
commented
There's no reason AOL can't block this garbage. I supposedly have the ability to block unwanted emails but I still get tons of garbage.
-
RT Ford
commented
Why all the ***********? Why all the spam?
-
BARBARA LOMBARDO
commented
Incoming email w attach from known sender coming in as possible spam.Mark safe but happens again. Already contacted support. They can't help.
-
CHUCK COPPER
commented
Please quit putting my USPS email in spam
-
Michael von Blucher auf Altona
commented
Why does AOL keep flagging my own emails as unsafe?
This is seriously ridiculous.
I send an email, and AOL then flags my own email sent by me as unsafe, with no method of me to mark it as safe.
Just why? -
BARBARA YOUNG
commented
Every day I get a whole load of spam in my mailbox. You need to allow more than 1000 spam emails to be blocked as I reach that amount in a month. Why?
-
lauren black commented
Block the dirty garbage perverted emails you’re allowing to pass through into individuals spam and in boxes. Where is AOL’s moral compass??
-
KIA MATTHEWS
commented
STOP SENDING MY CONTACTS, AND PEOPLE I HAVE INTERACTED WITH TO THE **** SPAM BOX. I HAVE MISSED IMPORTANT MESSAGES.
-
Anthony JAKUSZESKI
commented
Better filtering needed.
-
EVANGELINE LUNDSTROM
commented
Quit the lively, bouncy ads when I am trying to do email. They interrupt the entry and make me want to quit AOL!!!
-
ashley bass
commented
If I did not have so many things connected to this email I would get a new email in a heartbeat. I am surprised an ad did not pop up while I was writing that last sentence. I am already promoting AOL by having the domain name in the email why do they have to force more ads on me. Everyday I get closer and closer to leaving AOL.
-
SACHIN PANNURI
commented
News needs to have news and not gossip - don’t care about the royal family or the kardashians etc - need real world news
-
zeke zeke
commented
Trump draws thousands and thousands of supporters yet your latest headline is Trump is losing support.. maybe in your circle.. what an outright propaganda ploy.. Makes me want to cancel yahoo/aol..
-
VICTOR CHUNG
commented
I dont need to see political ads, that not why i am paying you $35 a month
-
Maria Reedy
commented
STOP THE SPAM!! Now I get double spam emails, just different senders!! MAKE IT STOP!!
-
ROBERT CARNOUGH
commented
SPAM BLOCKER FOR THE DOMAIN CLICK FOR IT TO BE EASY, AND TO DELETE TOO.
OF COURSE AOL WOULD DO THAT IF THEY CARED BECAUSE IT IS NOT A NEW IDEA SO
ALTHOUGH I ASK FOR IT I KNOW AOL WILL EFFECTIVELY IGNORE IT AND I WISH I KNEW WHY -
norville001
commented
I have set my filters for undesirable emails to go to "Trash." However, they are going to Spam. I don't want to do this because I have to monitor the Spam bin for legitimate emails. Can this be achieved? It doesn't appear that the filter setting is working. Please advise.
-
PHIL RAO
commented
Explicit email headers and content are delivered to folders in a mailbox. Can these be filtered and removed BEFORE sending on to a user's mailbox?
-
PHIL RAO
commented
Filter out OBVIOUS spam before delivering it to my mailbox.
-
Tom Barnard
commented
I hate AOL mail. Y'all used to have your act together but taking away the ability to block spam is totally unacceptable. If Gmail is capable of giving me un-spammed content then you should be able to do the same.