Go back to ORIGINAL VERSION
Presently AOL is difficult to use, is not user friendly and disappears before it can be read or analyzed. WHY? In it's original version AOL was the hall mark of how e-mail should work; simple and clear presentation allowing the user to decide on the 'next' step in it's future. Please return AOL e-mail to the original version.
-
Delphine Gray-fisk
commented
Totally agree - why did you feel it necessary to change the way AOL is used? There have been two major changes since I joined, and both have made it worse.
-
James Bate
commented
Why do you change something that people love so stupid
-
James Bate
commented
I have had aol for over 25 years will be looking to make a change hate the new email
-
bcstephen789
commented
Also, why do think you should be entitled to money I don't have just so I can expand the message window? And why do you think you are entitled to waste my Internet bandwidth by choking my web browser with ads and spam, hmm? Don't you make enough money from all your bad investments in failed enterprises to not need ads any more? Greed is POISON. And poison KILLS. Do away with both the ads and payware features and I may consider giving you a dollar. Until then though, my ad blocker stays enabled and you ain't gonna tell me otherwise.
-
bcstephen789
commented
The previous UI design was FAR MORE TOLERABLE visually AND functionally speaking. Currently, any email I wish to save as a PDF saves EVERYTHING in the browser window. Before, the message would open in a separate tab without all the "visual accoutrements" that AOL have decided are somehow Kosher for what was and has been up until now a perfectly usable and not bipolar disorder-triggering mess of aggravation. I don't know why trillion-dollar hypercorporations feel this insatiable desire to enshittify their products, I really don't. Don't y'all know that your customers made you who you are? And aren't you aware that, if WE, YOUR CUSTOMERS, all walk out on you, YOU CEASE TO EXIST AS A CORPORATION?! Please revert, or give me the means to revert, the UI back to the version it was just before this recent "upgrade". Thanks.
-
don t ya mind if it s me at all
commented
This new garbage email design is horrible. IF I cannot go back to the classic version I will NOT be using AOL mail ever again. NEVER CAN LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE IN YOUR INCESSANT GREED!!
-
R C commented
New AOL mail is ****
-
budbob321
commented
We need the old email back!! NOW!!!
-
Daniel Rohde
commented
WTF..I HATE the new email format.
-
Denise Dinwiddie
commented
Pleeeeeeeeeese Go Back To The Original Version!!!!!!
-
Vincent Wood
commented
please go back to the old version
-
JOHN COREY
commented
The current AOL email system is difficult to navigate, does not allow for the USER to erase the message (it just erases ALL messages), the screen is not a clear representation of the mail (being hard to navigate, it's often impossible to read) and, in essence, the NEW system is NOT USER friendly. Please return MY AOL e-mail to the original system and fromat.
-
andrew taylor
commented
Why try to mend when it's not broken? Go back to oeiginal please.
-
Jim Stuart
commented
Absolutely agree. Please go back to the old version. This new version is not user-friendly at all.
People generally do not appreciate change unless it provides a significant improvement, and this feels like a step backward. The font is smaller, the layout is less organized, the preview page keeps disappearing, and the Select All button now selects all of your emails, which is very frustrating.
Clearing out duplicate emails is now much more difficult, and you can no longer easily filter emails by sender or use many of the other filtering options that were previously available. Features that made managing email quick and efficient now seem to be missing or much harder to access.
I have had this account for at least 25 years, so I have seen plenty of changes over the years. Unfortunately, this update has made using AOL Mail significantly more difficult rather than easier.
If the true intent is to discourage people from using AOL Mail, you are certainly setting clear expectations with this update. For many end users, changes like these could ultimately mean moving away from AOL email accounts and transitioning to other email domains that are easier and more efficient to manage.
-
JIM KOZLOWSKI
commented
New email is NOT user friendly at all! Is someone trying to justify their job by making changes that NOBODY wants?? Total garbage! Time to switch!
-
JIM KOZLOWSKI
commented
I HATE the new email format. Total garbage! I'll be looking for a dif email now.
-
MATTHEW MORVAY
commented
Hate this new look of AOL. Very difficult to navigate. I have ads mixed with the mail that I can't delete. I don't need a date by date separation of my email. PLEASE GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL VERSION!
-
Barbara Cherry commented
the new 2026 update"" GIVE THE OPTION TO THOSE WHO WANT TO RETURN TO THE OLD AOL, CLASSIC! YOU WANT TO MAKE TH MAJORITY OF YOUR CUSTOMERS HAPPY? DO RIGHT BY THEM AND GIVE THEM THIS OPTION TO RETURN, I HAVE NEVER WITNESSED SUCH A TERRIBLE EMAIL SET UP!!
-
Tony van gelderen commented
AOL is now awful Give us the choice so that we can go back to the way it was It is a complete mess now. I have started using google mail as it is far more user friendly This is just another example of corporate greed and like always it will cost you.
-
David Slade
commented
its awful to use and emails disappear to quickly