Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

397 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Duplicate  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Duplicate  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. MY fAVORITES

I put something in My Favorites, then HAVE NO ***** IDEA WHERE THAT FAVORITE IS. STOP ALL THE**. , about the Product Team is looking into it.JUST FIX THE * THING,

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Gathering feedback

How much Possible feedback do the AOL Gold Engineers need to realize they"SCREWED UP". Bring back the features of 9.8. If there was a Problem with "Hacking" as some AOL techs have told me. That could have been a EASY Fix. But instead, all they did was , what ever was working with 9.8, they Reversed. It made No Sense. So , stop Gathering Information. Just reverse what they did. Thanks.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The Favorites list does not clear even if you close it and reopen - you still have prior selections highlighted. this has happened conti

IT STINKS in the favorites list -- cannot clear previous selections and when choosing new site to go to it will not go there but goes back to previous site. Also can close favorites and still the last site you were on is showing highlighted It has been reported and nothing done now for weeks. FIX THIS as it is so often used and most of time will not work as retains previously selected site -- even if that site has been closed HOW MANY TIMES DOES THIS HAVE TO BE REPORTED? do

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Duplicate  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please see some of my suggestions...I have more too!

1. Incoming emails that have attachments very often don't show the attachments. You have to leave the email and re-enter a second time in order for the attachment to show.

2. Attachments are shown in list format which is fine, but scrolling down oftern "jumps" an attachment. A "stop" should be implemented as you scroll through each attachment so that the attachments are received individually and not "jumped" over.

3. In sending emails I often BCC myself for record keeping. As I tab to the BCC button, I want to be able to enter my email address once I hit the BCC tab…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. AOL Gold does not live up to friendly & convenience of previous AOLs. Hate it!!

Please put back access to Settings A-Z from Settings menu. It now only has access to Mail options. Had to do a deep search to find it. NOT GOOD.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. been months + no positive actions from AOL

started early Dec. 2017 - organizing favorites , local news , biased outdated news , poor email performance , URL'S fail to load , links on welcome screen , slow + unfriendly sign on , slow navigation , + overall user unfriendly - it is an AOL problems , happens on different computers + internet providers - tech support has no viable answers - total slap in face to all paid subscribers - why does AOL not listen ? - every comment + vote on this forum falls on deaf non caring AOL ears !!!!!!-

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am not liking AOL Gold. I am having nothing but problems that I am now going to have to pay for.

I am not able to access Ebay without getting error messages. My main screen name is not coming up first as it has for years. Tried to correct this with a representative and still having the same problem. My favorites is a mess. I had them in an order that I knew where they were and now AOL has changed that around and won't let me control it anymore. I am ready to call and just cancel this service. I am not willing to pay for aggravation!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My Favorites

The Product Team DOES NOT PLAN TO CHANGE THE ALPHABETICAL ORDER OF "MY FAVORITES", THEN FIRE THE BASTARDS.
    This alphabetical system they came up with with AOL GOLD :"SUCKS" The idea for a company is to make things Better and Easier for their customers,. NOT ***** THEM.;

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I do not the write mail Please bring back the Desktop Version or I will cancel my AOL GOLD

Please bring back the Desktop Version or I will cancel my AOL GOLD

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The Backspace Button on Gold does not work.

The Backspace Button/Key does not work on Gold.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. useless AOL response to gold problems

standard scripted reply to welcome screen + other gold problem - does not work now or 2 months ago when i was told to try it - problem is aol - not paid users computers or settings !!!!
    Product Support (Product Support, AOL) responded
    We appreciate your detailed feedback and we think we might have a couple of solutions for your slow performance.

Please try the following:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear”…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Your color chart is a joke, go back to the way it was on aol 9.8.2

go back to your color chart on aol 9.8.2, aol 9.8.2 was a good setup, you get techs who think they can make it better and they ***** it all up. I got to find another web site to go to and get rid of aol gold.

also when I paste something from a web page and place it in "write" and then select all, then compose it as plain text it causes it to jam together and then you have to separate it into paragraphs. Really have caused some bad moves with your aol Gold.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Password storage - response

you responded that this already exists - it may exist but it does not work ! Nor do your tech support people know anything about it. Their answer is "we don't have anything like that"

How about an accessible storage spot for passwords saved for use on various sites - as Norton's Identity safe - one only needs to remember the password to open the safe - locate an item by alpha search - find the information needed. So as not to continually need to replace passwords when sometimes the stupid software doesn't recognize the actual password typed. especially now…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I continue to be thoroughly disappointed, disgusted and saddened by "Gold"!

Telling you how we have been feeling this past year about this abomination you call"Gold", has obviously fallen on deaf ears. I have been an AOL subscriber since the earliest days....I am at my wits end with the cumbersome program and the disappearance of many features, not the least of which was the ease of forwarding any link we happened to be viewing. I had a long conversation with a service person a year ago.... he said some of those features would be coming back..... and that most of the calls they were getting were negative. Obviously, unhappy customers mean…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. news

AOL headline: DAVOS crowd boos Trump, etc. No, that is incorrect. The CROWD did not boo Trump; a few people in the room booed Trump. Please be fair. This is biased reporting. The truth is more important that your bias. I have had enough.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I see you enjoy feeding your Liberal base with hateful articles about Trump. Check out the comments sections.

I see you enjoy feeding your Liberal base with hateful articles about Trump. Check out the comments sections.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make it Faster

I have mentioned this before in a post. This Gold version stinks. It cannot even keep up with my slow typing here on your comment block. I try to delete messages, and it takes way, way, too long to respond. You can improve it by clearing up the slowness, and if you cannot do that, then go back to the most previous version. My confidence level on Gold is lower than on any other application that I use daily. I have been a user for many, many years (and you can look it up if possible), and I have been…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories