AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restore the old spam settings. Now we only have one setting.

First you took away stationery and vast choice of fonts, emojis, etc. Then you changed how mail is set up (from new, old, sent, spam, deleted mail to current style) and the Spam settings from numerous choices to only one (blocked). it seems the longer we continue to PAY for AOL Gold, the less we are getting for our money. I see by the Feedback that I'm far from alone in feeling AOL Gold does not seem "golden" to your PAYING customers.

1st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

141 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! Based on your feedback we’re restoring some legacy spam controls. There isn’t a specific date when they’ll be available, but they are on our roadmap and will be added soon.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

2. "BLOCK EMAIL" made simple + easy!

PLEASE, include a "BLOCK EMAIL" option in the drop down window when an email is clicked on. Having to type in the address(es) in the current block email system is VERY tedious and they change their addresses hourly. I AM SICK-AND-TIRED of all these, "I want to have *** w/ you." emails, etc. ****! Make it easy!

8th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re adding more spam settings in the near future based on this type of feedback! Thanks for reaching out, so we can improve the ADG experience.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

3. 6th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Background vs Stationery

You obviously misunderstood, we didn't want your stationery, we want to be able to OUR OWN backgrounds like before. How difficult is that? You don't even understand what your customers want or need, yet you increase the rates? That's almost laughable. You're stealing from us. Why didn't you take notes of AOL 9.8.2 before you cut it off? You don't have a clue as to what we want or need. You're not even trying to satisfy us. Why not?

41st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How do I add new fonts to AOL Gold? Used to be able to use Edwardian script to make fancy messages but the choices with GOLD are limited??

Need more font choices such as Edwardian script or such to make nice cards or messages. Old version allowed more fonts and/or ability to add fonts? Can we add new fonts?

7th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We appreciate your feedback and will be adding more fonts in the future. Thanks for reaching out and making us aware of this request!

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

6. ADG delete option for the username(s)

Delete option for the username(s) on the log-in page of ADG

72nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need for Email Dictionary for Users Who Inadvertently Add Misspelled Words, Including Names!

I wrote yesterday requesting that AOL Gold users have their email dictionaries restored so that if users approve a misspelled word, they can go into their dictionaries and delete a word or name mistakenly approved so that it will not be accepted by the AOL spellcheck feature in the future. Today, I know more. If I misspell a proper noun or name and, for example, spell Dr. Yaryura, Yarura without the second "y," AOL Gold will accept the misspelled "Yarura," and I will look anywhere from rude to insulting to stupid because intelligent people in the communications field use their…

11th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. File Downloading

When an email has a file attached now, (1) it doesn't open like they used to and (2) there is no means to open files via Aol software like before. This is crazy! Now if you download something you have to find it on your computer which isn't always easy.

36th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Product Support responded

The product team is planning some changes to the handling of attachments. When you download a window opens allowing you access to the attachment unless you have that turned off. Outside of that what would you like to see different in how we handle attachments? Please reply in a comment to this post.

Thank you!
    AOL Desktop Gold Support

9. Would like to see Quick View come back for mail, address book. Celebrity sounds for Welcome, You've Got Mail, Good Bye. Great job so far!

Would like to see Quick View come back for mail, address book. Celebrity sounds for Welcome, You've Got Mail, Good Bye. Great job so far!

41st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix Email formatting.

While writing an email, in the pull-down - click "Compose as plain text"... works as it did in older version

BUT, next, click "Compose as HTML" - and all line feeds, blank lines, and multiple spaces disappear. You are left with a single long line of words.

92nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sorting of emails on "Type" not working.

The "Type" column, when sorted sorts by date, not the type (image, attachment, or just text)

164th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. RE: Email and tabs opening in background

Sorry if these have been mentioned already, but I wish tabs actually opened in background when that is checked, and i wish that email replys didnt add "re" over and over when replying to emails going back and forth. I just sent one with 5 "re"s in the subject heading.

135th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 41st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)