AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. So when are you going to make your subscribers happy? When are we going to be able to write an e-mail with our choice of stationary?

PLEASE PLEASE bring back all the options we had for writing e-mails... the stationery, the automation. WHEN are you going to think about what your subscribers want?
    Oh, and all the pop-up!? Good heavens!!!!!

33rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi - I would like it if you could block emails with certain words in them.

Please allow us to block emails with certain words in them. I get about 20 emails a day that are spa but I can't block them with keywords. The email addresses with todays tech have about 20 different character combos so you can't effectively block them by selecting just the email address.

24th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update mailbox.

E mail says to update my mailbox. Sounds fishy. Is this legit?

253rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "BLOCK EMAIL" made simple + easy!

PLEASE, include a "BLOCK EMAIL" option in the drop down window when an email is clicked on. Having to type in the address(es) in the current block email system is VERY tedious and they change their addresses hourly. I AM SICK-AND-TIRED of all these, "I want to have * w/ you." emails, etc. **! Make it easy!

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re adding more spam settings in the near future based on this type of feedback! Thanks for reaching out, so we can improve the ADG experience.

Sincerely,
    AOL Product Support

5. signature

AOL Desk top Gold should add more options for different Font signatures. AOL Desk top Gold only list a hand full of fonts to select. The Legacy AOL had a hundred fonts to choose from for your signature.

125th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WHY CAN'T I SEE MY EMAIL??

For SEVERAL days now, whenever I log on to get my email, the email screen is BLANK! (Oh, wait...a few days I've gotten the BOTTOM part of the email tree...BUT NO EMAILS!! The icon in the upper toolbar shows I have SEVERAL emails, but when I click the icon THE EMAIL BOX IS BLANK!! WE PAY FOR THIS SERVICE! WHY DOES AOHELL PROVIDE SUCH ****** SERVICE?? I am going to contact an attorney. I've had it. AOHELL seems to NEED yet another CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!

253rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. how can you SAVE on a usb stick the "saved on AOL" files?

Save "saved on AOL" files to usb stick add this option I have many files want to save on memory sticks. Items bought on Ebay, and other family messages from passed away relatives

212th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Official AOL Emails should be marked as such more clearly

Mark official AOL emails more clearly like they were before. They seem to have a slightly different color mail icon but previously the icon & the actual email when opened was clearly indicated as "Official AOL Email". Also if they are indicated as official AOL correspondence how do these emails sometimes end up in the Spam/Junk folder? In this day of so much spam it is important to know what is official.

212th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When I save multiple messages on AOL Desktop Gold, I receive a confirmation. However, when I save only a single message, I do not receive a

When I save multiple emails from AOL Desktop Gold into a folder on AOL, I receive a small confirmation message from AOL. However, if I save only a single email, I do not receive that small confirmation. Can you kindly fix this? The confirmation is very helpful because if I accidentally save a message into the wrong folder, the confirmation alerts me to my error. If a mistake is made and I have no confirmation, I'll never find the message again. Thank you for considering this.

187th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. spell check feature

It would be great if the spell check in email still included an ignore and ignore all option like it did previously.

253rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mail --- Bring BAck keyword function to eliminate a gross amount of email into my account

My email account has exploded with email. I used to have a keyword function that minimized what I have now. In fact, it fixed my problem. I need to have that keyword function back or I may have to go to some other host. Why was it taken away without telling us up front? Please put this function back.

310th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I can not get my emails

I can not open my emails this happening more and more

253rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stationery

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM THAT U LYING LOSERS WONT FIX IT SO WE CAN USE OUR OWN BACKGROUNDS IN E-MAILS LIKE WE DID BEFORE ???????? I'AM FED UP WITH THE LIES & BULL.... ABOUT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UR STATIONERY IS SO LAME THAT IT STINKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

253rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Major problem with AOL Gold MAIL

The Gold software takes literally minutes to display saved mail from any folder, but when I go to AOL.Mail on the web, all save mail can be instantly retrieved with attachments etc.

The AOL Gold software for Mail has NEVER been this bad, and be advised that I became an AOL user when AOL first started in the 1970's!

I am considering dropping AOL Gold software and just using the free web based mail system.

AOL, Hear me, its time to solve this problem IMMEDIATELY of you will certainly lose more and more subscribers! I expect a full scope response…

253rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Your "Gold" stinks. I'd rather use the old AOL desktop rather then you forcing me to resign every time I try to delete many items in "GOLD"

Let me stay in the old AOL desktop and when I try to delete all the ones I send from Spam and other deletions, give me another box in the old AOL desktop that says "delete all" just as you have it in other area's.

253rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Suggestion on deleting junk email faster

Recommendation on junk mail.......
    When I open up my junk mail I can delete them all in just one clilck. BUT..... they then go to my deleted mail and I have to delete them one at a time there !! Why? Why not make the one click deletion from junk mail a permanent and final deletion. I shouldn't have to go through deleting them one by one from my deleted emails.

253rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Emails in alphabetical order

I am not no longer able to view my sent emails in alphabetical order.

253rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. old/sent mail

Old/sent mail may or may not open. AOL symbol flashes on and off. Heading says "AOL Gold not responding" also blinks on and off. Old list may appear but cannot scroll or open them.

253rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use an asterisk (*) to when you have multiple spam such as Version@choice.girtin.net, version@spondulicks.org, version@suit.hygeist.org. E

Use an asterisk () to when you have multiple spam such as Version@choice.girtin.net, version@spondulicks.org, Version@suit.hygeist.org. Example: Version@ That would take care of all spam starting with Version@ and no need to list each one in the Block Spam.

31st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. spelling dictionary

You "suggestions" as to how to fix the spelling dictionary don't work as there is no option under Mail for any spelling dictionary words. Yes, the words get underlined and you can right click and tell AOL to accept the word as spelled but in the next email, the same words get underlined as wrong again. Restore the Spelling Dictionary so that words we had to it STAY in it. Before we had to pay for AOL, it worked so much better. Now we PAY you and get far less than we used to. Please fix our Personal Spelling Dictionary…

74th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base