AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New icons added to e mails in the Mailbox on .3293

These new icons in the Mailbox after every e mail is the WORST thing
    that AOL has ever done.
    You are forcing users to change the way they have always done things.
    You can only use the Delete button at the bottom if that e mail has been read and is highlighted.
    I read all my e mails first and then I used to go to the bottom and just click Delete, Delete, Delete. Doesn't work like that anymore.

3rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 24th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The highlight bar does not appear after deleting an email worked perfectly yesterday, called aol support helpful but still does not work

Why change things that were working perfectly.........especially not notifying about the change. Bored, need to change things to **** people off?

7th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AOL GOLD Email should include the "SLIDESHOW" feature for photos.

AOL GOLD email should include the "SLIDESHOW" feature for attached photo files. I receive Email photos regularly and would like the option to view them in other than thumbnail size and without having to save them. AOL GOLD does not have this function, but regular, Free AOL Mail does. In fact, the FREE AOL Email automatically opens any and all attached email photos in thumbnail format with the "SLIDESHOW" option to expand a photo to full screen. The only way to view attached photos with AOL GOLD Email is to SAVE them to a folder, which is cumbersome, messy and…

7th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unhappy with new email update

On 6/16/21 I saw a new light blue bar appear in my emails which moves up and down whenever I move. It's annoying and serves no purpose. I called AOL and was told it's a new update and they are receiving many calls from users complaining about it. I hate this new feature and want it eliminated.

24th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MY wife and I enlarged the font on our laptop to help us read some screens more easily and now the sign in box for AOL email is too narrow

MY wife and I enlarged the font on our laptop to help us read some screens more easily and now the sign in box for AOL email is too narrow for our screen name to show completely. I chatted with a David P and he says that AOL can't do anything about this. I really find it hard to believe that we are the first people who want to enlarge the font on their computer, so I'm hoping some technician will be able to help us be enlarging the email sign in box to accommodate this for users.

61st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. MY EMAIL ADDRESSES NO LONGER POPULATE ASE CORRECT SO MY EMAIL ADDRESSEES ADDRESSES WILL AUTO POPLATE AFTER THE FIRS

MY EMAIL ADDRESSES NO LONGER POPULATE - CONTACTS DISAPPEAR. PLEASE CORRECT SO MY EMAIL ADDRESSEES ADDRESSES WILL AUTO POPLATE AFTER THE FIRST FEW LETTERS TYPED.

24th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mail problem

can not open mail

24th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The default width of the emails window needs to increase

I like the additions of the "Delete, Mark read, & report spam" on the select line. BUT, I keep having to widen the email window to avoid clicking one of those by mistake,

Can you LEAVE the widith I set to be the default width?

24th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Blocking Spam more efficiently

Spam has a "Delete All" selection. Please add a "Delete and Block All" selection.

24th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. security - Phishing

security - phishing from an AOL account

Unable to get to a live person at AOL. Received a Phishing email from an AOL account on 06/04/2021. Have printed out the email and send a scanned copy (or the original email) . IS ANYONE at AOL Interested in this Security ISSUE ?

24th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. GOLD DESKTOP CONSTANTLY FREEZING UP AFTER USAGE

FOR T HE LAST MONTH OR SO, AOL GOLD DESKTOP CONTINUES TO LOSE FUNCTIONALITY WITH USAGE OVER TIME UNLESS CLOSED AND TURNED BACK ON. IT USES UP THE MOST MEMORY OF ANY APP AS SHOWN IN TASK MANAGER. THIS NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED ASAP!

24th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. the new choices on mail insertion

the new mail insertion choice LOOK is annoying and gets in the way of reading mail. Why do it? Bring back animated email inserts instead.

61st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base