Skip to content

AOL Mail Norrin

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

328 results found

1. Incoming Spam FIlter

Please allow us to create custom filters for incoming spam and also will allow incoming emails in the inbox to be redirected to spam automatically.

incoming spam filter
    choose folder to move to please add spam/junk

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. why did you mess up something that was working

I guess I just don't understand why you have to mess with something that worked. Many people laugh when I say I have an AOL address. I have tried the others and always came back to AOL. Now you are no better than gmail - why copy something that is already out there? If a person likes the gmail format, they can change. Bring back the old version.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Provide go to top of priority when creating filters

I use filters to send spam mail to the "Bulk Mail" folder based on content. This is because the native spam filter is letting everything through to my inbox. I have been able to create a combination of filters that work. However, they are also catching valid messages. To fix that I create filters for the specific email domains I want to keep, The problem is by default, new filters are placed at the bottom of the filter priority list. I want to move these to the top of the list. The only way is to keep hitting the up…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Direct email sender show up

I search for the Option to show up directly the complete email of the sender , its a important option . i dont have the time to stay everytime with the Cursor over the name from the sender .For example "Twitter" but i want to see twitter@info.com is there a option ? I can not find sorry .

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. BAD

I am wondering who had that absolutely "BRILLIANT" idea that I have to enter my emails adress and the password EACH DARN TIME now when I want to check on my emails. Other email providers let their customers check in once and then occasionally ask whether the access data are still ok. This is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Blocage adresses spams inefficace...

Les spameurs utilisant une adresse qu'ils font varier numériquement, ils disposent d'une infinité d'adresses. Pourquoi ne pas pouvoir bloquer la racine de l'adresse, par exemple : zoqloq, addocartnow, etc...

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Alerte nouveaux courriels.

J'aimerais avoir l'alerte en anglais : "You've got mail" à la place de la version française.
    Sur la précédente version, on pouvait même choisir les voix de personnalités pour cette annonce.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. by having less ads too much ads when trying to check mail

by having less ads too much ads when trying to check mail

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Thank You.

Thank you so much for now allowing us on the web version to make wider the folder panel.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Move the "action buttons" (i.e. - Delete, Move, Spam, etc) to the left-hand margin.

Move the "action buttons" (i.e. - Delete, Move, Spam, etc) to the left-hand margin. Having them in the center of the pane makes no sense.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. remove ad from right side

The advertisement on the right side is obnoxiously large and switches between new ads every 3 seconds (it feels like). We don't need to be blasted with ads.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. make disposable email feature available

can the disposable email address feature be made available for everyone? it's mentioned in the AOL help site, but not showing up in AOL mail settings.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The new mail filter rules, 'To/CC' contents issue

The old mail required separate rules to recognize an address in either
    the 'To:' line or the 'Cc:' line. Combining them into one rule is good, but
    it is not working. The filters only recognize 'To:' lines, not 'Cc:' lines.

Suggestion: Besides To and Cc, also include Bcc, since it really doesn't
    matter which of those header lines an address is in.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. refresh

On the old AOL email inbox, there was a way to refresh your new emails, rather than just to wait for a new email to come in. I can't find a way to do this on the new email.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pouvoir mettre en spam automatique les suffixes saisis @UK, @DE ,@RU etc..

Pouvoir bloquer les mails étrangers en ne saisissant dans les spam que la terminaison des mails, exemple :
    .uk, .ru, .de etc....
    C'était possible il y a quelques années !!!
    Cordialement

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pouvoir mettre en spam automatique les suffixes saisis @UK, @DE ,@RU etc..

Pouvoir mettre en spam automatique les suffixes saisis @UK, @DE ,@RU etc..

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Attachments not downloading

Since the new rollout of the new layout, we are having a lot of difficulty getting message-attachments to download. My co-worker has clicked her attachments multiple times, in the image, on the download symbol and every conceivable way.

The really concerning thing, however, is that even after switching back to the classic layout, the issue persists. We're having to try to process any attachments through my workstation, which has bottlenecked productivity for the both of us.

This information may prove useful: The workstation that it unable to download is running on Windows 11, whereas my workstation is on Windows 10.…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Attachments not downloading

Since the new rollout of the new layout, we are having a lot of difficulty getting message-attachments to download. My co-worker has clicked her attachments multiple times, in the image, on the download symbol and every conceivable way.

The really concerning thing, however, is that even after switching back to the classic layout, the issue persists. We're having to try to process any attachments through my workstation, which has bottlenecked productivity for the both of us.

This information may prove useful: The workstation that it unable to download is running on Windows 11, whereas my workstation is on Windows 10.…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. right bar

Would like the option to permanently toggle the contact bar on the right to be OFF when reading a new message. I dislike having to click a button to minimize this every time I look at a new message.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. themes

The themes of the Aol Mail should have a lot of options in terms with color combinations in that way I can choose more as a preference I like a touch of red or like a wine red.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Mail Norrin

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base