block domain
Ability to Block Domains!!!! This is a basic function and should be just as easy as blocking an email.
-
Ronald Hylton
commented
There are stars before and after the @ in the post but they aren't visible in the displayed version. Like x@x.baddomain.com where x is really a star.
-
Ronald Hylton
commented
I've been getting many spam emails every day, almost all from two top-level domains with mutating sub-domains and senders. This makes it hard to scan the spam folder for misclassified legitimate emails. With wildcards I could simply block *@*.baddomain.com. This would even save further processing and storage of all the spam, and not require large blocked address lists. It appears that many users have been asking for something like this for quite a while.
-
John Richmond
commented
This is critical that AOL allows users to block domains, since spammers have figured out a way to send UNLIMITED SPAM EMAILS from the same domain.
Reporting this terms of service abuse to the service providers is often time-consuming and ineffective. AOL can immediately solve this HUGE problem.
-
Linux_Agent commented
Please add a “Block this entire domain” option directly to the Block Senders menu.
When a spammer repeatedly changes only the address before the @ while continuing to use the same domain, blocking individual senders becomes repetitive and ineffective.
AOL already exposes the sender domain in the message and raw-message information. Please allow users to select:
Block this entire domain
This should automatically block future messages from any address using that domain, without requiring users to manually create a separate filter.Ideally, AOL could also offer this option after a user repeatedly marks messages from the same domain as spam.
This would make spam management much faster, reduce redundant blocked-sender entries, and give users better control over persistent spam campaigns.
-
Larry Franklin commented
Good idea, if I continue receiving about 50% of my mail as spam I'll find and use another service than AOL.
-
D M commented
We need an email filter to block domain names for spam emails. Blocking specific emails is not working any more because of spammers have adapted. Filter Blocks for specific words or phrases in email body will block legit contacts also.
-
aaronrosenberg
commented
We must be able to block *.domain.com, and delete all emails from *.domain.com. Here is why:
I get an email from User1@scamartist.com, so I report it as spam, block that email address, and delete all emails from them. The problem is the scammers are LIGHT YEARS AHEAD of this and have already worked around it.
Their bots will send an email from User2@scamartist.com, User3@scamartist.com, and so on. Same spam, same scam, same domain, different user. The spammers have completely circumvented the entire point of the "block all emails from them" feature.
I get dozens of spam mails a day no matter how much I block or unsubscribe. User153@scamartist.com can be banned, but User154 is in my inbox 5 minutes later.
We had "block *.domain.com" in the late 90s, how is it not here now?!
-
JILL RYAN BROWNE
commented
This was going to be my question. On some of my AOL accounts I can Delete and Block spam messages, but on others only delete them, so they keep coming back.
PLEASE ENABLE DELETE AND BLOCK SENDERS FACILITY. -
Ali Oopla
commented
I'm guessing maybe only the "paid" version of AOL gets the privilege of having their SPAM blocked with the latest tools? My "Blocked" list is full and won't accept any more add ons. I created filters to send to the "recently deleted" folder but they don't work. After all these years, at least since 1999, I've had AOL as my primary email. I may switch to a competitor that has the best spam blocker tools.
-
DEANNA DEREMO
commented
OBVIOUSLY THE PEOPLE WORKING FOR AOL ARE IDIOTS BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT CHANGED SPAM BLOCKING TO UNLIMITED BLOCKING. MAYBE IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO HIRE SOME COMPETENT PEOPLE WHO CAN HANDLE DOING THEIR JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UNLIMITED SPAM BLOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
DEANNA DEREMO
commented
AS A GIFT TO ALL YOUR USERS, WHY DON'T YOU FINALLY CHANGE THE SPAM BLOCKING FROM 1000 TO UNLIMITED???? I MEAN, WHY DON'T YOU JUST DO YOUR F'ING JOBS????
-
DEANNA DEREMO
commented
YOU WON'T GIVE US UNLIMITED SPAM BLOCKING. YOU AD SPAM TO THE TOP OF OUR E-MAILS AND NOW IN THE CENTER OF OUR E-MAILS. DO YOUR F'ING JOBS AND MAKE YOUR USERS HAPPY.
UNLIMITED SPAM BLOCKING!!!!
GET RID OF ALL SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Elene Gusch
commented
The spam subject lines have gotten way more offensive and disgusting. What's worse is that many imply violent treatment of women, which is constantly disturbing to see. Imagine if **** survivors are subjected to that!
We REALLY need a better way to filter them out. I still have to see them even though they're in the spam folder, since I have to go through the folder to pick out important actual messages that have gone to spam by accident.
-
WILL Rodriguez
commented
HEY AOL, FIX THE SPAM PROBLEM IN YOUR EMAIL SYSTEM!! Your system has allowed over 50 to 100 SPAM EMAILS per day into my SPAM Folder! Some of the SPAM EMAILS are highly offensive, e.g. from rodriguw@test.exclusiveeoffers.org Subject: Subject: 🥵 𝙄 𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙏 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙏𝙊 𝙁𝙐𝘾𝙆 𝙈𝙀 𝙃𝘼𝙍𝘿 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙋 … 𝙄’𝙈 𝙎𝙊 𝙃𝙊𝙍𝙉𝙔💦𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙀 𝙁𝙐𝘾𝙆 𝙈𝙀 🥵. I do not have the time nor the patience to screen my SPAM Folder daily in order to block these and other offensive emails!
With today's technology, I am surprised that AOL has not taken steps to block these types of emails completely from your AOL System! TAKE ACTION NOW; I know that I am not the only person who feels this way and has this problem!!
-
WILL Rodriguez
commented
HEY AOL, FIX THE SPAM PROBLEM IN YOUR EMAIL SYSTEM!! Your system has allowed over 50 to 100 SPAM EMAILS per day into my SPAM Folder! Some of the SPAM EMAILS are highly offensive, e.g. from rodriguw@test.exclusiveeoffers.org Subject: Subject: 🥵 𝙄 𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙏 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙏𝙊 𝙁𝙐𝘾𝙆 𝙈𝙀 𝙃𝘼𝙍𝘿 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙋 … 𝙄’𝙈 𝙎𝙊 𝙃𝙊𝙍𝙉𝙔💦𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙀 𝙁𝙐𝘾𝙆 𝙈𝙀 🥵. I do not have the time nor the patience to screen my SPAM Folder daily in order to block these and other offensive emails!
With today's technology, I am surprised that AOL has not taken steps to block these types of emails completely from your AOL System! TAKE ACTION NOW; I know that I am not the only person who feels this way and has this problem!!
-
WILL Rodriguez
commented
I will NOT do anything else with AOL or your products until you fix the SPAM PROBLEM in your email system! Your system has allowed over 50 to 100 SPAM EMAILS per day into my SPAM Folder! Some of the SPAM EMAILS are highly offensive, e.g. from rodriguw@test.exclusiveeoffers.org Subject: Subject: 🥵 𝙄 𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙏 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙏𝙊 𝙁𝙐𝘾𝙆 𝙈𝙀 𝙃𝘼𝙍𝘿 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙋 … 𝙄’𝙈 𝙎𝙊 𝙃𝙊𝙍𝙉𝙔💦𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙀 𝙁𝙐𝘾𝙆 𝙈𝙀 🥵. I do not have the time nor the patience to screen my SPAM Folder daily in order to block these and other offensive emails!
With today's technology, I am surprised that AOL has not taken steps to block these types of emails completely from your AOL System! TAKE ACTION NOW; I know that I am not the only person who feels this way and has this problem!! -
Tom Barnard
commented
If G-Mail is capable of figuring out how to cut the **** coming in, then you ought to be smart enough to figure it out too. I have to filter two dozen spam emails in my AOL account every day. None on G-mail. I can't believe you guys are too stupid to fix this -- obviously you just don't care.
-
Susan Ciani
commented
I have a feeling that the large majority of AOL customers are probably those spammers and scammers we would like to see go away. Or they are the ones running the show. Otherwise, AOL would be stopping the junk before it gets to our inboxes and/or into our spam folders. They've been gathering information since Aug 28, 2025? AOL can't see what is wrong themselves?
Allowing the blocking of an entire domain would make that limit of 1000 blocks more efficient. AOL is no longer the best game in town. I'm certainly not recommending it to anyone. -
Ash
commented
This is my last resort, then I am migrating my email to another service that listens and adds basic settings, such as blocking a whole domain instead of using filters.
-
Ash
commented
Block Domains... this is a basic thing. BASIC. Filters are not sufficient or efficient. How has this not been addressed yet.