AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Blocked from posting comments on news artices

i have been blocked from commenting from news, I believe unfairly. please unblock as soon as possible. /Thank you.

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Welcome screen news feed excessive number of ads

Your excessive use of ads makes it very difficult to follow a news thread. Users have to go through multiple screens to get to the highlighted news substance and even the news are surrounded by so many ads that you end up with a very small news screen. That may be one of the reasons many of us are using accounts from other providers, which are totally free more and more. I understand your need for ads, but it is becoming too much.

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Pathetic

AOL is a pathetic excuse for a business. You goal is to change America's past, present and future with stupid lies and twisting of facts. YOU SUCK

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. AOL HATE TRUMP NEWS

If you want to read Liberal Democrat Propaganda, then you will be right at home with AOL MEDIA NEWS STORIES.

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. My comments that don't support Trump But Instead Support Biden Are Deleted

I am an American citizen who enjoys Freedom Of Speech. I do not support the policies of the current Administration and have made intelligent comments regarding different issues. My comment are being immediately deleted. It appears that AOL is using its ability to squash any dissent regarding the current administration in Washington, D. C. I believe this is a violation of my freedom of speech. If this violation continues within the next 14 days, I will cancel my AOL Desktop Gold and Tech Fortress accounts and will no longer pay AOL to violate my rights.

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. comments

My comments are being removed; obviously because truth in them is offending CONs. I'm beginning to believe AOL is too CON FUSSY friendly. Providers can not take sides in a political arena. Don't learn the hard way.
    If the truth irritates you, your in denial or hallucinating.
    I am not vulgar or vile. My comments involve direct evidence with honest opinions and do not violate our rules. .

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Cuomo

New York deserves the stupidity of Cuomo. They elect ********* that is what they get. America is NOT what it used to be...it is run by failing idiots who think they are smarter than you....any maybe they are...you idiots voted for him.

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. stop

Stop your f-ing lying about the president and the Republicans. YOU SUCK and you are brain dead idiots.

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. cuomo

The Cuomo disaster that you think is so funny is nothing more than two ********* making light of the those who died because of the Chinese Virus. They suck as human beings and they are NOT funny. The only reason AOL could think they are funny is because AOL also sucks

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. news

Stop on America and stop on our president. YOU SUCK and should not be allowed to use the name America in your name. YOU are DOL....or AOL for Democrats on Line or ***** on Line. YOU SUCK

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Whitmere

Whitmer is a floundering who does not belong in politics because she does not give a rat's about the people who put her in office and AOL is just dumb and uncaring for pushing the liberal **** the people like her put out. AOL sucks

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Why is AOL 99% advertisements? I mean ********!!!!

Why is AOL 99% advertisements? I mean ********!!!!

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Clicking "Next" numerous times to finish reading an article

TO: AOL....you may have good stories, but I don't finish reading them for the mere fact I have to keep clicking, "Next" twenty times to finish one article. After the the fourth or fifth, "Next"...I stop reading the article and go to something else. All the clicking of "Next" is annoying and tiresome and takes away from the flow of reading. I suggest you just put the article in the normal format and leave out the constant clicking of "Next" just to finish reading the article.

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. LOCAL NEWS PLEASE!!!!

For the past several months, the "local news" does not reflect the news going on locally. You used to put Philadelphia news in there--now it's national news from Philadelphia sources. Please put back local news.

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix my Local News

This is what I see when I sign in and it is very frustrating to say the least. I pay for this and I should be able to see my local news feed.

No local news available

TODAY TOMORROW
    Weather Icon
    85°
    104°
    80°

This has been going on for a month or so now. I would appreciate it being fixed.

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Your stories that require you to constantly click "continue" are ridiculous--please get your stories on one page to make then more readable

Make your stories concise--the requirement to go page after page after page is a time waster and totally annoying. Cut all the **** out of those pages. After clicking about 70 times i gave up seeing who was featured on the news page--the story never got to who you featured--it's absurd!!!

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BE A REAL AMERICAN

WERE IS ALL THE NEWS ON THE COVER UP , THIS IS THE USA NOT ANOTHER COUNTRY, YOU COULD BE NEXT OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW, COVER IT OR DO NOT DO NEWS. BE A REAL AMERICAN. THANK YOU.

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Out of region sports news

I log on to Spring Hill, KS local news and I get information about Nebraska U and U of Wisconsin, rather than Kansas U and Kansas State U and other local schools. Why is that occurring? You do have some Spring Hill, KS local information so there is a screening process of some nature occurring. Please fix these irritating news items if you can.

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Deleting my comments on the chat rooms

I have been a member of AOL for 20 years and my Comments on the chat rooms keep getting deleted,insane ,please fix it. Tom

378th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  News  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. RECYCLED NEWS STORIES

I'm glad to see that there are other subscribers that are sick and tired of seeing the same biased stories being recycled over and over again. We subscribe to a news service and expect to get current unbiased news articles, instead we get recycled stories of celebrities who are biased and irrelevant, same articles over and over with just the titles changed. Give us what we are paying for or stop trying to be a current news source and continue trying to become the national inquirer, your choice get better or loose subscribers.

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base