AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restore the old spam settings. Now we only have one setting.

First you took away stationery and vast choice of fonts, emojis, etc. Then you changed how mail is set up (from new, old, sent, spam, deleted mail to current style) and the Spam settings from numerous choices to only one (blocked). it seems the longer we continue to PAY for AOL Gold, the less we are getting for our money. I see by the Feedback that I'm far from alone in feeling AOL Gold does not seem "golden" to your PAYING customers.

4th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Feedback  ·  109 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 19th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How do I add new fonts to AOL Gold? Used to be able to use Edwardian script to make fancy messages but the choices with GOLD are limited??

Need more font choices such as Edwardian script or such to make nice cards or messages. Old version allowed more fonts and/or ability to add fonts? Can we add new fonts?

21st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Restore Email Headings with Date on Far Right

Please restore or give the ability to move the date on the email headings to the far right

50th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Email addresses

when putting in an address,all prior versions of AOL, the address would be saved. Then it would only require a few letters to be recalled. Now it does nothing. You have to continue to memorize every email address. What was wrong with 9.7. Can we not have a better version than Gold?

10th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. delete all

The delete all button in spam is the first button on right. All other windows have the delete button as the first button on right. This creates confusion. Habitually I hit the furthest right button. However, in spam I delete all msgs accidentally. Is there any help to re-obtain messages once permanently deleted? HELP!

55th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "BLOCK EMAIL" made simple + easy!

PLEASE, include a "BLOCK EMAIL" option in the drop down window when an email is clicked on. Having to type in the address(es) in the current block email system is VERY tedious and they change their addresses hourly. I AM SICK-AND-TIRED of all these, "I want to have *** w/ you." emails, etc. ****! Make it easy!

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Saving individual mail folders in Gold

Bring back the old way of saving mail folders in your Personal Filing Cabinet like it has been since the beginning of AOL - yes I have been a paying member since the day it started and with Gold can no longer save the individual folders in the Mail to another location like a DVD or memory stick. These folders get way too big and non-manageable over time
    If you right click on a saved mail folder now in Gold it says :"Save Folder As" - like it always has - but when you click on it nothing happens.
    This…

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A simple way to get rid of emails that are outdated

A simple way to get rid of outdated email

17th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to delete multiple saved mail folders at the same time.

I need to be able to delete multiple saved mail folders at the same time.

42nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Request improved emoticon selections in email

The current choices for emoticons in email is poor.

65th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 33rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. fix the mail

put the mail back like it was before you'll screwed it up.I like the way it was I could tell what it was about

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Convenient Email settings gone.

New Gold Format has taken away small, but convenient settings. I now have to open each one of my screens to see if there is mail. Old Format showed number of emails on Sign On screen list.

82nd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. allow spelling changes within spell check.

after generating an email, one uses aol spell check and comes across a misspelled word-
    if the correct word is not in the suggested list, one must close spell check and manually correct the spelling in the email.
    spell check should allow for changes to be made dynamically in the box where the misspelled word shows up.

39th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. bring back animations to email

stationery is lame but better than nothing THE OLD ANIMATIONS AND MUSIC were great bring them back to us.

94th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. CLOSE MAIL BOX

I want to close my mail box, I have other screen names that usually I closed the mail box, now are full of spam. Please put back that option

70th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. spell check

Please give us back the Skip all option in Spell check in a document with proper names or items not recognized by spell check: You kept Replace all so why not Skip all!
    And please all us to start spell check where the curser is: Since we cannot click Skip All we have to repeat every word we want to keep that you do no recognize which in a long email can be time consuming!
    Bottom line after reading all the other suggestions, just give us back 9.8! When something isn't broken don't fix it! Gold is a disaster on…

77th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to customize the font I see on the AOL pages. I hate sans serif fonts. Why can't I change the font NOT just the size.

I want to customize the font I see on the AOL pages. I hate sans serif fonts. Why can't I change the font NOT just the size.

29th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mailbox: Add Time Stamp e-mails

Currently Mailbox list only shows DATE for New, Old and Sent e-mails. Please Add TIME stamp

39th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Feedback and Knowledge Base