AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get rid of all the **** you have on the news page and put real news out there!! The stuff you have is repeated time and time again an with

Your welome info is ****!!! I look at all the suggestions and you do nothing to fix it!! And we are paying for this garbage!1 terrible

15th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The AD-Free AOL Mail only applies on webmail and not on the ADG's Homepage.

The AD-Free AOL Mail only applies on webmail and not on the ADG's Homepage.

17th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PLEASE stop posting photos of abused animals on welcome screen!

Many AOL users keep asking AOL to stop posting photos of abused or starving animals on the Welcome Screen, yet AOL continues to do so. There is no way to opt out of seeing these horrific photos, so you sign onto AOL and the first thing you see is a photo of an abused dog or other animal. I'm not sure any AOL administrator actually sees our requests on this because all we ever get is the robotic answer, "Thank you for your feedback." If any human AOL employee sees this, PLEASE do something about posting these horrific photos of…

18th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Preferences for Welcome Screen and AOL Benefits

Suggesting that a possible selection in settings to disable the welcome screen appearing when signing in. I have defaulted to go directly to mail, however, there remains a default to the welcome screen in backdrop. This is rather annoying as I can still see it and my attention is then directed to the welcome screen to make an action to close it .

Another suggestion is that an alternative news source be available to AOL members to have a discounted subscription to CRTV.
    This would allow members to customize their welcome screen to their preferences and would make the AOL…

38th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. What's wrong with welcome page?

I log in and get this ****!!!

Aceshigh71...
    Mail
    Downloads Downloads
    Smartphone apps, free mobile apps, latest news on mobile applications and smartphones AOL App
    A listing of all AOL sites, from A to Z Discover AOL
    MyBenefits MyBenefits
    ID Theft Protection ID Theft Protection
    Travel Tips Travel Tips
    Play hundreds of free online games Games
    Favorites Favorites
    Mapquest Maps
    Tech Help Tech Help
    PC Checkup PC Checkup
    Live Help Live Help
    Refresh
    51° Vicksburg City or Zip
    Change weather location
    City or Zip
    Mail
    Aceshigh717
    News
    U.S. News
    World News
    Politics
    Sports
    Science & Tech
    Entertainment
    Celebrity
    Movies …

51st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  13 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Down the rabbit hole !

When I click to see a story from the welcome page I don't like that it leads me on a 20 page ad filled search for what the headline promised. Also I think ALL stories should be dated. I don't like wasting time on a 10 year old story, not in this day and age !

75th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. What country

What country does AOL work for? Only a blind and stupid idiot cannot see that AOL hates America and hates is past and also hates the people who made her a great country. AOL has one mission and that is to destroy the moral fabric of the country and to destroy the reputation of those who built her. AOL sucks.

124th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. investigate

Does AOL only put out misleading BS stories about wanting to investigate republicans and conservatives? AOL hates America and needs to change its name and take any and all reference to America and what it stands for out its name. How about HPL instead of AOL...Huff Post lies! You are a disgusting organization.

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. WHY DO YOUR ******* "IN THE KNOW" ADVERTISING START PLAYING??? I CALLED AND I THOUGHT YOU REP FIXED THE PROBLEM.

WHY DOES YOUR ******* "IN THE KNOW" ADVERTISING START PLAYING WHILE I AM DOING OTHER THINGS ON MY COMPUTER. I THOUGHT THE REP FIXED IT...1/2 HOUR WASTED. I AM NOT INTERESTED. LET ME REPEAT, I AM NOT INTERESTED. PERHAPS I SHOULD START OPENING UP THE AD AND EXPRESS MY OPINIONS TO THEM ABOUT AOL.

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. aol sucks

Go ***** yourself AOL, you suck and are useless to society with your hate and lies.

217th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Education

Is there anyone working for AOL that has graduated high school? It does not appear that way. AOL is dumber than a dead rat?

217th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Do Not Believe

AOL has 90 stories on its Welcome page. There is not ONE that is happy or shows how great America is. All they do is * on people and tell stories about how bad the dead people were and who is having outside of marriage and how Trump is bad. YOU SUCK.

217th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Welcome page "fluff" in storys

When you run a story in the "Welcome" box, it requires you to go page by page with "fluff" text. Why not run the entire story on one page and remove the garbage text. Get to the meat of the article as soon as possible. Going page by page is "VERY SLOW" even with high speed internet. It also starts bouncing adding advertisements just as your about to click "next" which then brings up an unwanted advertisement. If I'm going to pay for service then "PROVIDE SERVICE" and condense the story's to one page that you scroll through.

217th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Welcome page "fluff" in storys

When you run a story in the "Welcome" box, it requires you to go page by page with "fluff" text. Why not run the entire story on one page and remove the garbage text. Get to the meat of the article as soon as possible. Going page by page is "VERY SLOW" even with high speed internet. It also starts bouncing adding advertisements just as your about to click "next" which then brings up an unwanted advertisement. If I'm going to pay for service then "PROVIDE SERVICE" and condense the story's to one page that you scroll through.

217th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. joy

Does AOL get some kind of perverted joy by trashing the reputations of the deceased actors and actresses. Why do you go out of your way and waste time and money just to on someones legacy. You are sick demented ***** and do not deserve to be called a journalist. Let us put your life under the microscope so the world can know who you are and what your secrets are. AOL sucks.

217th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SLIDE

On Welcome screen, The News Slides OVERLAP, I want to see ONE Slide at a time ..I prefer you format AOL Home screen like your Verizon co-workers YAHOO Home Screen

217th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Welcome  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. welcome

There is absolutely NOTHING of value or truth on the AOL Welcome page. Everything is distorted lies, hearsay, half-truths and hate Trump. AOL Sucks,

278th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Welcome Page News and Postings!!!!

Give us what we want to see, deserve and pay for on Welcome Page..... Not what "YOU" want us to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!

278th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stupid

AOL seems to have some magical instinct to be able to tell us what people who are deceased (DEAD) thought about things that they never told anyone while they were alive. AOL is worse than a palm reader and is a disgusting piece of trash, which can be noting less than expected coming from Huff Post.

278th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dark details

"Dark details coming to light"! Every week you have this post and you **** on someone who had a good reputation but your goal is to destroy that person. Is this all AOL can do is dump on people and waste their time and our money? Why is it your goal to trash people's reputations? You are sick and demented people at AOL

278th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base