Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  News  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how:

a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings.

No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Latest News Headlines

Latest Headlines. Over the last 2 days I can only access AOL News and non of the other options. Why are they offered if not available, and why does an alternate selection always defaults back to AOL News.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  News  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

If you are having issues with the software try clearing the footprints and restarting it. Should the issue persist please reach out to our support team at 1-888-265-3733

3. Local News is unavailable for any zip code although local weather does appear.

Local News is unavailable for any zip code although local weather does appear.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  News  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The engineering team is currently working to resolve this.

As a workaround, scroll down to the ‘LOCAL NEWS AND WEATHER’ section on the AOL homepage, type your zip code into the location box, and press ENTER on your keyboard, as opposed to clicking on the Save button.

4. why do you bother with "newsfeeds".....when I click on them to open up they draw a blnk pa

how about putting an active link to the news feed....they come up blank right now. AOL is steadily going downhill...think it's time to switch to a more reliable source

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try clearing the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

If the issue persists give us a call at 1-888-265-3733

5. HOME AREA

WHY AFTER 2 OR 3 ARTICLES POSTED IN HOME AREA DO YOU HAVE TO START PAYING FOR THEM? If I am already paying for AOL why do you have to sign up to pay for newspaper articles?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The news articles hosted on AOL.com can be read for free with no restriction, but if you open one of partner news sites, they might have a limit on how many free articles can be read per day.

6. comment is not showing and response on aol news and comments

comment is not showing and response on aol news and comments

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  News  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try to clear the Browser Footprints in order to solve the issue:

Here’s how:
    1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

2. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

If you still have issues call us at 1-888-265-3733.

7. Headline articles do not match clicked story

Come on AOL!! Your main headline articles don't match you story when clicked on. Example: Main headline "Guys trying to open locked gang safe get huge break", click on that title and it goes to: "Money Versed" 40 ways to make money without getting a real job.

A couple of headlines later: Main headline: "Ancient item leaves experts admitting they were wrong", click on that title and it goes to the same: "Money Versed" 40 ways to make money without getting a real job".
    You also really need to ***** down on your editors and the reporters to "PROOF-READ" their…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  News  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try clearing the Browser Footprints and let us know if the issue persists:
    1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.
    2. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings.

No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

8. Option to Block Responses to Comments on Articles Should Be Restored

There used to be a feature in which one could block replies to member comments on articles. For the first time ever, I am getting replies to one of my comments sent to me in email. I don't want to receive comments and certainly not in my email. The only solution seems to be to delete my profile. This setting seems to have disappeared.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please follow the next steps:

1. Open an AOL News article.
    2. Click on your Nickname on the top right corner of the comment section.
    3. Select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
    4. From the ‘Get emails when’ section, uncheck the three options.
    5. Click ‘Save Changes’ on the top left.

9. Home page Headlines NOT LOADING on #5-#20-#40 This is pitiful - it happens on a regular basis where various headline pages do not load!

Home page Headlines NOT LOADING on #5-#20-#40 This is pitiful - it happens on a regular basis where various headline pages do not load!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  News  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try clearing the Browser Footprints:
    2. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings.

10. Unable to comment on articles aol copies and past as their own.

Why does AOL post articles that you can't comment on. Or have to log into face book to be able to. I have AOL ***** face book don't force me to log into something I don't need

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories