Skip to content

AOL Mail Norrin

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review them regularly and take them very seriously.

Please contact our help site if you’re experiencing an issue that prevents you from using Mail as expected.

274 results found

1. Folders in Tab View

Please allow us to create vertical tabs for the select folders so they can be much more easily and simultaneously accessed

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. keep getting spam from "blocked" senders

I keep getting SPAM in my folder from @kellykat.com. I've blocked these emails multiple time, but still they come. I'm getting more and more SPAM in my inbox, which I move to SPAM. You always ask if I want to "unsubscribe." I never subscribed to these domains. They are just trying to get AOL to give them legitimate email addresses. Wise up!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi. We're sorry to hear you're receiving spam emails! We have some solutions for you, please refer to this article to learn how to best manage unwanted emails:  https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-mail-spam-and-privacy  We also added additional security features for AOL Mail: https://help.aol.com/articles/additional-security-features-in-aol-mail  Moreover, the block feature is best used for people, not spam, since spammers can use spoofed accounts. This means, what you see and add to your blocked list might not be the actual sender address. If you need assistance, you can reach out to us at https://help.aol.com/contact/     

Thank you!  

AOL Mail team

3. Blocking SPAM

For a short time - a couple of weeks? - there was a feature on AOL that allowed block and delete SPAM emails with one click. This was the BEST feature ever, and I LOVED it. At last! AOL was doing it right. I was able to click all the bunch of emails - and could send back to regular mail anything that made it to the SPAM folder that was legitimate - and the with one click delete and block all the other senders. I could even see the senders names just to double check. This was the MOSt…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, we'd like to hear more about this issue. Could you please contact us at help.aol.com so we can look into it? We're also available on X (former Twitter) @AOLSupportHelp.

4. AOL does not update

I will see that I have a new email, but when I click on "new mail" nothing shows UNLESS I go up to the "refresh button" on my browser. THEN the new mail will show. Very bad web design.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi. Fix problems when an AOL website isn't working:

Start with the first step, then see if your problem is resolved before moving on to the next.

Clear your browser's cache.

Update your browser.

Restart your computer.

Make sure that JavaScript is enabled.

Disable browser enhancements.

Temporarily disable antivirus, antispyware, and firewall products.

See if the AOL service works from another computer or mobile device.

Reset your browser to default settings.

If you need additional help,  please contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at our AOL Customer Care page. If you do not have a social media account, we are available at help.aol.com.

Thank you, 

AOL team

5. Font size problem.

I cannot change the font size back to where it has always been, 12 pt. We set it for 14 pt but it keeps reverting back to 10 pt.
    I cleared cache and cookies and it doesn't work.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, we'd like to hear more about this issue. Could you please contact us at help.aol.com so we can look into it? We're also available on X (former Twitter) @AOLSupportHelp.

6. Hi. We're sorry to hear you're receiving spam emails! We have some solutions for you, please refer to this article to learn how to best mana

TAKE YOUR FU CKING SORRY AND STUFF IT UP YOUR FU CKING A$$

FIX THE GODD@MNED PROBLEM YOU WORTHLESS CO CK SUCKERS

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Getting unwanted emails or spam is frustrating. While most spam emails are being caught by our spam filters, occasionally some can slip through.

When this happens, it's very important to mark the email as spam, then our system will learn that messages from a specific place are not good and helps us make AOL Mail even better at recognizing future spam emails.

7. simplify

I cannot make heads or tails of how to switch from my old PAID account to whatever new set up you have. I had ad free. I had all the bells and whistles. Now it's all gone, I'm still paying the fees and I cannot understand a darn thing. Please, make one page with all the options where account holders can just click on what they want or don't want. All these different pages and different go to things is slowing down the entire program. Please, just simplify. It's email, not a new, 3D adventure game.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. UNUSUAL ACTIVITY AT SIGN IN NEED VERIFICATION

Stop the DAILY WE HAVE NOTICED UNUSUAL ACTIVITY VERIFICATION! I get this daily!! So sick of it. There's no UNUSUAL activity! It's me, it's always me.....my internet just changes where I get my signal on daily basis!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi. If there's something unusual about your sign in or recent activity, we'll ask you to go through another verification step after you've entered the correct password. This helps protect your account from unauthorized access. You may be prompted to get a verification code on your AOL app, recovery phone number, or recovery email address for any of the following reasons:

AOL notices suspicious account activity.

You're using an unfamiliar browser or device.

You're traveling away from your usual location.

You sign in while using a VPN or a proxy server.

You've logged in with a private or incognito window.

There are many attempts to sign in with incorrect passwords.

The "First time signing in from this device" message appears.

You've cleared your browser history or data cache including cookies.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you! If you need additional help, please contact us on Twitter…

9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Nothing

Let me see my own email

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, we'd like to hear more about this issue. Could you please contact us at help.aol.com so we can look into it? We're also available on X @AOLSupportHelp.

11. Allow filters to reroute emails to "NEW EMAIL"

Please allow filters to reroute emails to "NEW EMAIL" which are getting auto delivered to SPAM!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. The more often you mark these emails as Not Spam, the more you train your personal mail filter to recognize them as wanted emails. Additionally, make sure these senders are added to your Contacts. If you need additional assistance, please contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at our AOL Customer Care page. If you do not have a social media account, we are available at help.aol.com.  

Thank you,  

AOL team

12. font size incoming mail

I notice that my incoming mail is in smaller font size than it used to be.
    I know I can change the font size in writing/composing email, but how can I change it for easier reading for the incoming mail without having to forward to myself in order to change it? Then it doesn't immediately show who it's actually from (it will say it's from me)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. To increase the font for your incoming emails, you can have the option turned on to ''Enable large text size'' when you go to Settings. Additionally, you can  use the keyboard by pressing and holding CTRL then adjust the font with the ''+'' and ''-'' keys. 

13. can't receive email from existing contacts including my office

Recently emails from my trusted existing contacts are missing, most importantly, from my work email. Other aol users have the same issue. Please fix! Rather urgent.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Colors? Fonts?

What happened to pre-setting a text color? Or options for fonts? This is not better, not if I have to make selections each time I go to compose a new e-mail. Change can be good, but not when you lose options instead of gaining new ones.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. To set your default composing font, please go to Settings (gear icon)>More Settings>Writing email>Default rich-text font>select from the drop downs the type of font you prefer and the font size. If you need help navigating the New AOL Mail, please contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on Facebook at our AOL Customer Care page. If you do not have a social media account, we are available at help.aol.com.  

Thank you,  

AOL team

15. you set my email from USPS Informed Delivery as Spam!!

You set my email from USPS Informed Delivery as Spam!! I stopped receiving all notifications. I hate this new version of email.
    Will be transitioning out.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Not able to see full message due to ads.

Expand message area. Cant read full messages due to ads

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AOL Mail is costing me hours of time I do not have by randomly putting emails I need in the trash

STOP RANDOMLY PUTTING MY EMAILS IN THE TRASH!! I don't have time to waste going through looking for the emails I need.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi. In most cases, this problem is caused by the incoming mail filters on your account. To verify your incoming mail filters, please go to mail.aol.com using a desktop computer/laptop, and click on Settings on the top right, then More Settings, and finally Filters. On the Filter page, review the filters that are set up to move your incoming emails to the trash folder, then edit or delete them, in order to receive your emails in your Inbox. If there's a filter that you did not create, your account might have been compromised, in which case, we strongly recommend you to secure it, here's how: https://help.aol.com/articles/recognize-a-hacked-aol-mail-account

If you're using a mobile app or program that's setup to delete email from the server, you'll need to contact the manufacturer for help. Examples include Outlook and Mac Mail. 

If you need additional help, please contact us on Twitter at @AOLSupportHelp or on…

18. E-mail

having problems with retrieving my e-mail. unable to open New Mail. I click on New Mail and the screen just turns blank, even though the New Mail icon shows that there are a number of e-mails waiting to be opened. thank you for your attention. hope this problem is cleared up soon.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please try the following actions: uninstall the app, restart your mobile device and reinstall the app. Keep us posted if you encounter any other issues.

19. Harassing users on daily -verification code

This is using verification code to harass me- asking for verification code daily is excessive. Your f**ing email is not Fort Knox or Pentagon. Just harassing conservatives, right?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If there's something unusual about your sign in or recent activity, we'll ask you to go through another verification step after you've entered the correct password. This is an important security feature that helps to protect your account from unauthorized access. You may be prompted to get a verification code at your recovery phone number or recovery email address for any of the following reasons:

• AOL notices suspicious account activity.
    • You're using an unfamiliar browser or device.
    • You're traveling away from your usual location.
    • You sign in while using a VPN or a proxy server.
    • You've logged in with a private or incognito window.
    • There are many attempts to sign in with incorrect passwords.
    • The "First time signing in from this device" message appears.
    • You've cleared your browser history or data cache including cookies.

This is why it's important to keep these…

20. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Mail Norrin

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base