AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spam controls "save" button missing

This is AT LEAST my 3rd request. Appreciate you returning our spam controls BUT I cannot add any new items to the list because there is no "save" button to save the additions. You can type the additions in but, as soon as you leave the Spam Control menu, the additions are deleted. So, what good does the Spam Control list do if you cannot make any additions? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE US A "SAVE" BUTTON AGAIN!!!!!

220th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. flashing advertisements

Can you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE stop--JUST STOP--all the flashing ads that play next to my e-mail. I'm going to get seizures from all the flashing!!! PLEASE JUST STOP IT. I'd hate to give up AOL and move to a new e-mail, but I CANNOT TAKE all those ads that flash (especially the clothing ads) in rapid succession.

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. spelling dictionary

You "suggestions" as to how to fix the spelling dictionary don't work as there is no option under Mail for any spelling dictionary words. Yes, the words get underlined and you can right click and tell AOL to accept the word as spelled but in the next email, the same words get underlined as wrong again. Restore the Spelling Dictionary so that words we had to it STAY in it. Before we had to pay for AOL, it worked so much better. Now we PAY you and get far less than we used to. Please fix our Personal Spelling Dictionary…

94th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. blocking emails from "host" server

would be helpful if you could get a program written to block email that are coming with the designated server as "host" - i don't have any of my email contacts coming from "host" = they are simply coming from commercial entities that i do not need in my emails

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Be able to "permanently delete" trash without selecting as I can delete all" spam without selecting

Be able to "permanently delete" trash without selecting as I can "delete all" spam without selecting

220th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Has deletion of e-mails from Spam Folder been changed for the worse?

Something changed. Previously, deleting e-mail from the Spam folder was permanent, no back up anywhere (a 1-step method). Now, e-mail deleted from the Spam folder goes into the Recently Deleted Folder where you have to then permanently delete it (a 2-step method). Bring back the old 1-step way.

220th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. emoji idea

I've written this idea before and have not seen a response. On most devices that offer wmoji's, it does not close the window when you select the emoji. I often like to insert several at a time. Could you please leave the emoji box open until I'm finished selecting emoji's?

Also, I would really be a good thing if when I select, "Mark as Unread" you would let the text go to bold again. This way I can see which emails I've marked to reply or deal with at a later date.

220th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. It's horrible. I'm about to d/c after 20+ years.

It's horrible. and getting worse. I'm about to d/c after 20+ years.

279th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. block all emails that begin with noreply+noreply

I don't understand why AOL can not permanently block all emails that begin with "noreply+noreply" (not just put them in the spam folder)

220th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Flickering Advertising

HOW TO STOP THE CONSTANT FLICKERING ADS !!!

220th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Put Spam back like it was - able to open links.

Again - please put Spam back like it was - so I can open links. At the very least, if I say it is not spam, move it to New Mail, not Old Mail. I am not longer able to unsubscribe from Spam mailings without moving them or read the articles to see if it is something I want to keep getting. Your change has really complicated things.

279th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Missing email from Sept 2007 to Dec 2014

How is possible to miss 7 years of emails?
    Can you please react fixing the issue?

Only few emails in the period from Sep 2007 to Dec 2014 are visible:
    2009 = 1
    2011 = 2
    2012 = 8
    2014 = 8

Also trying with the several filters available, emails are not visible.

This is not good!

279th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need to Update Your New Update. It wastes the time or your clients!

Need to update your New Update.
    AOL has finally convinced me to find another email system. Your latest update where my minimized emails automatically pop up after sending or closing another email makes it so that it takes way more of my time than I have for answering emails. I am done unless this is changed before I find another service. Check I have been with you for more than 20 years. I am a Rotarian, owner of and escrow corporation, President of a large Retired Teachers association, VP of a condo complex HOA with 551 residences. I do not…

279th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fixing the "save as" Option

It would be extremely helpful if the graphics that are embedded into emails would save with the file name that was used to embed them. At first everything in AOL Gold had a number assigned to it. Now it seems that no matter what, the word "thumbnail" comes up. Belonging to a graphics list as I do, I save many of the graphics I receive in the email. It's extremely frustrating to try to come up with a name for everything instead of having the name pop up when we right click and chose "save as". Aol used to be…

279th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can Music to an AOL email or AOL mail attachment that play when it is open by recipient

To me, I think we need a way to Add Background Songs or music to email to play when the recipient opens his or her AOL email attachment note or letter. If it can be done AOL--Gold help desk live support just said cannot be done. I do not know how or if it can be done. But sure is a great idea. Thank you.

173rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Making the compose box bigger

Make the compose box field on AOL Desktop Gold bigger or expand it so that when I compose an email, it will be the format the way what I want. Make it like what you have on AOL Mail website.

143rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 380th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. open mail faster

mail takes to long to open>>>>i been with aol for 25 years and mail is worse now

279th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3rd ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Restore Folders & Data

Import data from previous computer did not work. Export file put into usb storarge and brought into new computer. But folders and saved emails not visible. Fix it and give instructions for this problem!

279th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base