AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

Our Feedback Policy has more on the policies that apply to your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. On old mail it only shows todays old mail then jumps back to august. What is the problem?

I go to old mail it shows todays mail and then skips back to August old mail. It use to be ok but now you have changed something and i dont like not seeing my old mail disappear. Please fix it.

247th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix email!

My idea is for you to fix the email. The old and sent boxes and loading very slow. It seems a few months ago all my emails from 2011 got loaded back into those boxes and was told that was what was slowing it down. I am paying you and have spent hours of my time deleting emails. I have deleted a lot and it is still doing the same thing. If I can get into those boxes I can't search for old emails or people's email addresses because they won't pull up. And I was able to start an…

247th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Quick Find - Select All- Delete

Hello, I have the most difficult time cleaning out my mail box. PLEASE YOU COULD HELP IN THIS WAY:
    Quick Find:
    Then IF you would ADD these options:
    SELECT ALL:
    DELETE:

I have to scroll to delete one email at a time..that takes hours that is why I don't do it. I have so many emails that I try to get people to send me messages in other ways. However I could quickly get ahold and manage my mail so much easier if for example:
    QUICK FIND: gnc
    then all my emails that say GNC would come up
    then
    SELECT…

247th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When I save multiple messages on AOL Desktop Gold, I receive a confirmation. However, when I save only a single message, I do not receive a

When I save multiple emails from AOL Desktop Gold into a folder on AOL, I receive a small confirmation message from AOL. However, if I save only a single email, I do not receive that small confirmation. Can you kindly fix this? The confirmation is very helpful because if I accidentally save a message into the wrong folder, the confirmation alerts me to my error. If a mistake is made and I have no confirmation, I'll never find the message again. Thank you for considering this.

191st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. signature

AOL Desk top Gold should add more options for different Font signatures. AOL Desk top Gold only list a hand full of fonts to select. The Legacy AOL had a hundred fonts to choose from for your signature.

90th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. So when are you going to make your subscribers happy? When are we going to be able to write an e-mail with our choice of stationary?

PLEASE PLEASE bring back all the options we had for writing e-mails... the stationery, the automation. WHEN are you going to think about what your subscribers want?
    Oh, and all the pop-up!? Good heavens!!!!!

26th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. blocking emails from "host" server

would be helpful if you could get a program written to block email that are coming with the designated server as "host" - i don't have any of my email contacts coming from "host" = they are simply coming from commercial entities that i do not need in my emails

126th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 215th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. emoji idea

I've written this idea before and have not seen a response. On most devices that offer wmoji's, it does not close the window when you select the emoji. I often like to insert several at a time. Could you please leave the emoji box open until I'm finished selecting emoji's?

Also, I would really be a good thing if when I select, "Mark as Unread" you would let the text go to bold again. This way I can see which emails I've marked to reply or deal with at a later date.

161st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can Music to an AOL email or AOL mail attachment that play when it is open by recipient

To me, I think we need a way to Add Background Songs or music to email to play when the recipient opens his or her AOL email attachment note or letter. If it can be done AOL--Gold help desk live support just said cannot be done. I do not know how or if it can be done. But sure is a great idea. Thank you.

140th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hi - I would like it if you could block emails with certain words in them.

Please allow us to block emails with certain words in them. I get about 20 emails a day that are spa but I can't block them with keywords. The email addresses with todays tech have about 20 different character combos so you can't effectively block them by selecting just the email address.

24th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. DISABLE SPAM CONTROL COMPLETELY

I want to disable spam controls completely. Your current program puts too many items into the spam folder including desired mail.

161st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Making the compose box bigger

Make the compose box field on AOL Desktop Gold bigger or expand it so that when I compose an email, it will be the format the way what I want. Make it like what you have on AOL Mail website.

126th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. spelling dictionary

You "suggestions" as to how to fix the spelling dictionary don't work as there is no option under Mail for any spelling dictionary words. Yes, the words get underlined and you can right click and tell AOL to accept the word as spelled but in the next email, the same words get underlined as wrong again. Restore the Spelling Dictionary so that words we had to it STAY in it. Before we had to pay for AOL, it worked so much better. Now we PAY you and get far less than we used to. Please fix our Personal Spelling Dictionary…

74th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Aol Desktop Gold

Suggest you offer an option in the settings for mail to always show oldest "New" mail at the top, and newest at the bottom permanently. Currently, I have to click on 'Date' every time to reverse the order of display!

191st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Use an asterisk (*) to when you have multiple spam such as Version@choice.girtin.net, version@spondulicks.org, version@suit.hygeist.org. E

Use an asterisk () to when you have multiple spam such as Version@choice.girtin.net, version@spondulicks.org, Version@suit.hygeist.org. Example: Version@ That would take care of all spam starting with Version@ and no need to list each one in the Block Spam.

34th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Transferring data

I attempted to copy everything I have in AOL 9.8.0 on my Windows 7 desktop to AOL Gold on my new Windows 10 computer. Everything moved without any problem
    except "Mail waiting to be sent." I am told by your tech department that it is not possible. That is hard to accept! My wife has years of writings in "Mail waiting to be sent" that are now useless unless I keep the old computer. I believe AOL should write the code to facilitate this move for its long time customers. This is extremely frustrating for our business, especially since we…

140th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Clarity of font changed on Desktop Gold .

Clarity of font changed on Desktop Gold for the worse. Please restore to prior settings.

58th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. WRT My Mail Folders::: Add a slider bar to scroll through my 200! folders faster. too slow!

Add a slider bar to scroll through my 200! folders faster. too slow! Or add ability to sub-folder!

215th ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. MOVE EMAILs from SPAM/TRASH to AOL/Local folders.

Like the Android AOL App, I'd like to: MOVE emails from Spam or Trash to local or AOL folders.

ON desktop GOLD, I can MOVE ONLY from my INBOX to AOL folders, meaning that any files in SPAM and TRASH must be first moved from there to the INBOX then to a folder I want them in.

If the Android APP can, why can't GOLD?

161st ranked
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base