Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. Mail Application | Settings

I was using a V8 (.vdx/.vdf) application on the old AOL Desktop and it working properly. But on the new AOL Desktop Gold, the software is not working properly. Please include this software on the future updates you have so that I can continue to use the same software and the AOL Desktop Gold so that I can attach files using the said software when I send an email. Send me a feedback/update if the changes were made.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to add favorites to the Toolbar is currently available. To do this, first open the favorite website then click on the Heart shaped icon in the top right corner and select “Add to Toolbar” from the pop-up menu. To move, edit or delete the Toolbar icons, simply right click on them and select the desired option.

3. GO BACK to the "BLUE" - it WORKED, GOLD DOESN'T and your TECH Supprt is even at aew as to fix some issues - YOU broke it, now YOU fix it!!!

ADDRESS BOOK all messed up - will NOT keep names entered - BOMGUARD is on my computer more than I am - NOT A GOOD THING YOU DID!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Please report this problem to our AOL Desktop Gold team so they can investigate it further:

1. Click the Help button in the top-right corner of the AOL Desktop window
    2. Select Report a Bug from the drop-down menu

If the problem persists, please call 1-888-265-3733 to have one of our Technical Support Agents investigate the cause of this issue.

4. Where is feedback section

Not enough space to post feedback, typical of LOA.....AOL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can send us feedback by going to:
    1. Help
    2. Submit Feedback
    3. In the forum that opens go to “Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience”
    4. Your suggestion here

5. Email box is to large. Can't read it.

When opening the mailbox the page is to large. It takes up the whole screen and you cant read it without moving the sidebar up & down and from left to right.

It's so big that you can't read the context of the email without using the inner sidebar at the bottom of the email.

Please make the page much smaller

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To adjust the window sizes, please follow these steps:

1. Drag one of the four corners of the window to your desired size and position.

2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click “Window” then choose “Save Window Size and Position” from the drop-down menu.

Please note that the option to save the window size and position will not work if the window size is set to full screen.

To change the screen resolution please check this article: https://help.aol.com/articles/how-do-i-change-the-windows-screen-resolution

6. All of my Favorites did not transfer over from the old AOL desktop. And all of my "Mail Waiting to be Sent" also did not transfer over.

My idea is that AOL Gold is very inferior to the old Aol desktop. They have taken things away. Things like transferring from one name to another, "mail waiting to be sent" and favorites. After 18 yrs with AOL its time for me to make a change. There is no reason for us not to be able to access the old desktop. This is like blackmail. "Either use Gold and pay for it - or no more access to your info!" I'll be moving to G mail.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To import the favorites from the old software into AOL Desktop Gold, please follow the steps in the help article below.

https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-desktop-importing-your-personal-information

Unfortunately, the option to import the “Mail Waiting to be Sent” from the old software to the AOL Desktop Gold, is not available at the moment. To retrieve the Mail Waiting to be Sent, please open the old AOL Desktop (there is no need to sign in), then click on “Read” on the top left to open the mailbox, and select the Mail Waiting to be Sent folder from the left side.

7. "Window" menu selection should show all the windows in AOL.

On the AOL desktop there can be multiple windows open. We can have the Welcome screen, the AOL mail list, maybe some open emails, maybe the address list screen, etc. It is very difficult to select a screen if it is behind another screen. The "Window" button across the top of the main desktop window should allow us to select any of the open screens. These should show as a list in the drop down menu.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. not able to attach craiglist adds to email

use to be able to do it in old AOL

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To send Craiglist adds in your email please follow these steps:

1. Open Craiglist in the AOL Desktop browser.

2. In the top right corner of the webpage, click on the “Heart” shaped icon then select Insert in Mail from the pop-up menu.

9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We built the New AOL Desktop from the ground up with the speed and reliability of the latest technology. We are updating it every 2 weeks, please continue to send us feedback on what features you would like to see implemented.

To discuss any billing related issues please call at
    1-888-265-3733.

10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try to clear the footprints. This should help with the backspace problem.

Here’s how:
    1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

2. Check the box next to “Clear Browser Cache on Exit” from the Browser Settings window.

3. When you’re finished, simply close the settings window because changes are now saved automatically.

12. Why is AOL offering free service to new members when I have to pay for it.

Why is AOL offering free service to new members when I have to pay for it?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AOL updated the software in response to many of our members’ needs and feedback. It now comes with 24X7 live technical help by phone or chat, enhanced security to protect personal information and automatic updates that help save you time and free up valuable computer space.

If you choose to go to the free service, you will no longer be able to access your old AOL Desktop software, but you will always be able to access your email through an external browser like Chrome or Firefox at mail.aol.com

13. Unable to e mail scanned document

I finally located the document I had scanned, but was unable to e mail. A msg came up the file could not be located when I pressed attach on the bar below my e mail content. I've been an AOL user for 16 years and find gold to be absolutely frustrating. One has to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to use it. It's cluttered with steps that aren't needed. AOL 9.8.2 was so straight forward If this continues I'll be looking for another server. I had to use g mail to e mail a scan!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Aol Desktop Gold only shows white screen whenever I bring it up. It works fine in safemode. Issue started today. Please have a look.

Aol Desktop Gold only shows white screen whenever I bring it up. It works fine in safemode. Issue started today. Please have a look.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We cannot replicate this. Please clear the Footprints.

Here’s how:

a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.
  15. LET US BE ABLE TO RESIZE IMAGES ON MAIL TO BE SENT.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEND AN EMAIL WITH AN IMAGE ON IT, BUT THE IMAGE IS TOO LARGE. ON THE OLD EMAIL, WE COULD CLICK ON RESIZE...PLEASE LET US HAVE THIS PRIVILEGE AGAIN.

IT'S VERY EVIDENT THAT YOU CHANGED EVERYTHING WITHOUT THINKING!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can't save emails to both On My PC & On AOL

With the GOLD version, when I SAVE an email to On My PC, the email is moved not allowing me to also save it on AOL. NOT GOOD!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Emails saved in the personal filling cabinet are stored locally on your computer, and cannot be moved to folders “Saved on AOL” (located on the server).

If you want to save an email you received on both “Saved on AOL” and “Saved on My PC”, you will need to highlight the email (or open it) then click on Save on the bottom>"Save to", and first save it in a folder under “On My PC” (a copy will be saved locally and the original email will remain in the Inbox), then follow the same steps to save the email to a folder under “On AOL”.

17. I have had to re-load AOL desktop gold TWICE! I cannot every get through on the telephone to find out why. I don't want to have to re-load

Furnish an easier way to talk to Help about aol gold!! I have had to re-load twice because the icon disappears. Help!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologize for the long hold time you experienced. Your feedback is valuable to us, as we strive to continually improve our user experience.

Keep in mind that besides calling 1-888-265-3733 you can also establish a chat with our technicians.

Here’s how to establish a chat: 1.Go to https://help.aol.com/contact
    2. Sign in if you’re not already
    3. Click the “Chat Now” option under the “Chat With Us” section

If your Gold shortcut is missing, follow the steps here: https://help.aol.com/articles/restore-my-missing-aol-desktop-gold-icon-or-shortcut
    https://help.aol.com/

18. I HATE the new Gold.

What were you thinking. My favorites all gone! Why? Emails constantly coming up in bottom right corner when I'm trying to do something else. I do NOT need this! I know how to check my email. When I want to permanently delete I used to be able to "select all" and do them all at once. Now, one at a time? This whole new Gold is terrible! If it wasn't broke, why fix it??? Oh and why did you get rid of the backgrounds for stationary?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I will send your feedback over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

To import the favorites from the old software into AOL Desktop Gold. Please follow the steps in the help article below.

https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-desktop-importing-your-personal-information

To delete all the emails at a time press Ctrl + A and then click on Delete. You can also delete 2 or more emails by pressing Ctrl + Left mouse button.

19. PRINTPREVIEW UNAVAILABLE

Please install "printpreview" in the printer options on AOL Gold. I miss it!!! If you can't do this please recommend another product that includes this! I use "printpreview" all the time.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. how can i put a utube song in my favorites i used to do it now i cant

i want to put a u tube song in my favorites now i cant do it what am i doing wrong thanks for your help

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base