Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. COMMENT SECTION: COMMENTS BEING REMOVED BY AOL

You can't say "CHIT" with an "S", but you can access all the **** you could ever want. Go figure THAT out. & they insist on removing my posts because they seem to disagree with my opinion.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Images and some comments will be flagged in our system prior to becoming public.

Here are some reasons why your comments may be flagged:
    - Language (Examples may include: all caps, inappropriate words, etc.)
    - Suspicious IP
    - Any Image

In order to create the best possible experience for everyone, we request that you abide by the AOL Community Guidelines, our core code of conduct, in all of your activities on AOL Services.

For more information, please view our community guidelines: http://legal.aol.com/community_guidelines/

2. favorites

allow to change favorites differenty rather than alphabetically

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your post. The product team is not planning to change the alphabetical listing of favorites.

Thank you!
    AOL Desktop Gold Support

3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

213 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In order to disable the prompt, please follow these steps:
    1. Open the AOL Desktop Gold and sign in.
    2. Click on the ‘Mail’ menu on the top left.
    3. Select ‘Mail Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
    4. Uncheck ‘Confirm before deleting items’, and close the window (changes are saved automatically).

4. need to send bulk e-mail because I am a member of the organization that does communication

need to send bulk e-mail because I am a member of the organization that does communication

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, what you’re looking for is no longer offered in the current version of AOL Mail. If you’ve received a notification that a limit of the number of sent emails was reached or you’ve sent to too many contacts, you’ll need to wait before you can send more emails.

5. reinstall the clear foot prints

reinstall the clear foot prints

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Here is how you clear the footprints in AOL Desktop Gold:

1. In the top menu bar, click the Settings icon Image of the Settings icon.
    2. Click Browser on the left menu.
    3. Click the Security tab at the top of the window.
    4. Select the data you’d like to clear.
    5. Click Clear Footprints.

6. Now you have a three step process to sign on... are you trying to make Gold as difficult as possible... have you heard the term "user friend

The new sign in process is not user friendly... who in the world do you guys have working on this?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you might have noticed we changed the login process in AOL Mail, to a more secure 2 step login, which helps prevent your AOL account from being compromised or hacked.

7. why am i getting so much spam ?

why am i getting so much spam ?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Spam”, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify unwanted emails in the future. You can also block specific senders by going to the Mail menu on the top left, and selecting “Block Unwanted Mail” from the drop-down menu, then adding the senders emails address in the Sender Filter’s block list.

8. I keep getting messages such as: "We are having difficulty retrieving your mail; try again in 5 minutes.

I keep getting messages such as: "We are having difficulty retrieving your mail; try again in 5 minutes. Same for sending mail. Also for updating favorites. Tech has no answer for me. I am frustrated.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ever since I went to AOL Desktop Gold I'm getting a lot of ad e-mails and **** e-mails and I'm not very happy about it!!

Ever since I went to AOL Desktop Gold I'm getting a lot of ad e-mails and **** e-mails and I'm not very happy about it, especially since I'm paying you. Also, there's no easy way to block these sites without opening the e-mail. Please respond with a solution.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The best way to resolve this is to mark the emails as “Spam”, that way you can train the spam filter to better identify unwanted emails in the future. You can also block specific senders by going to the Mail menu on the top left, and selecting “Block Unwanted Mail” from the drop-down menu, then adding the senders emails address in the Sender Filter’s block list.

10. Email addresses

when putting in an address,all prior versions of AOL, the address would be saved. Then it would only require a few letters to be recalled. Now it does nothing. You have to continue to memorize every email address. What was wrong with 9.7. Can we not have a better version than Gold?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When going through my email I can no longer delete batches.

Restore the old system that allowed me to capture a consecutive list of emails to delete all at once.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Would like to see my mail bigger, my folders smaller & no adds on the right.

Would like folders smaller, e-mails bigger & not see ads on the right

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. very sorry you removed the option to block mail from senders not in address book -WHY??

reinstate the option to block mail from senders not in address book - why did you remove it??

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Due to recent adjustments to the AOL Mail platform, this feature is no longer available. I apologize for the inconvenience. In order to block a specific sender, go to the Mail menu and select “Block Unwanted Mail” and add the email addresses in the box below “Block Mail from Addresses I Specify”, then click Save Settings at the bottom, or mark the emails in the inbox as Spam.

14. Make spell check work correctly

Make spell check work like it did in the past

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AOL Desktop Gold has a new way of spell checking your emails. This is done automatically, in real time, as you compose your messages.

When the AOL Desktop Gold detects a spelling error, the word is highlighted by a red line under it. (Click the link below to see an image for an example)

http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/fss/4db80cc33bd37e32201f88ab1843266a/Gold+Mail+-+1%3A2+Spell+Check+How+to+identify.png

To correct the spelling error, right-click the word and select one of the options provided. (Click the link below to see an image for an example)

http://o.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/fss/ee1be6b821550147cd0214e4f5846dee/Gold+Mail+-+2%3A2+Spell+Check+Choose+the+word.png

15. Do NOT put mail in my Spam FOLDER. You do not know what is SPAM.

Do NOT put mail in my SPAM folder. You don't know what SPAM is.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If I write about a purchase I GET SPAM EMAIL about it. Cut it out.

stop reading my emails and then sending spam offers about the purchasing discussion within MY EMAILS.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To permanently block these emails, you will need to adjust you Spam Controls by following the steps below:

1. Open your Mailbox, and click on “Spam Controls” on the bottom right (below the Report Spam button).

2. Add the email address from which you are receiving these unwanted emails in the box below the “Block mail from addresses I specify” field.

3. Set the Blocked Mail option to “Permanently Delete Blocked Mail”

4. Click “Save” at the bottom.

Please note that by settings the Permanently Delete Blocked Mail option, the emails Identified as unwanted based on your Sender Filter (Block mail from addresses I specify) and Content Filter will be permanently blocked (will not go to the Spam folder), and returned to the sender as undeliverable. Before setting this option, please review the list of blocked email addresses in your Sender Filter and the list of blocked words and phrases…

17. LET US BE ABLE TO RESIZE IMAGES ON MAIL TO BE SENT.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEND AN EMAIL WITH AN IMAGE ON IT, BUT THE IMAGE IS TOO LARGE. ON THE OLD EMAIL, WE COULD CLICK ON RESIZE...PLEASE LET US HAVE THIS PRIVILEGE AGAIN.

IT'S VERY EVIDENT THAT YOU CHANGED EVERYTHING WITHOUT THINKING!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. AOL Client continues to be buggy --- WHY??? AOL 9.7 worked!! What is wrong?

WHY do you keep screwing with your AOL client? It is slow and buggy as always. NEVER happened BEFORE this ****** GOLD. When AOL was owned by AOL the company it worked great. NOW it is slow and sluggish. I have to re-start my computer to fix the issue. Restarting the AOL client does nothing. Can you fix this? I have an up to date PC that I built...super fast AMD processor....8gb memory.....Win 10 latest updates. Can you please respond? I have been with AOL over 20 years. I was a beta tester for many years in Northern VA where…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This helps clear the internal memory (RAM), which often resolves many issues.

3. Enable only the essential startup programs. Multiple programs may have been set to start automatically when a computer is turned on. These programs may cause the computer to slow down, and affect other running applications.

In case you continue to experience performance issues, please call us at 1-888-265-3733.

19. Email

Before when I wanted to send a page etc to someone there was a little envelope at the top right hand that you could click and it brought you straight to my email with the description of the page. Now I have to go through too many changes to do the same thing and it is confusing. Please restore that feature.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

To insert a webpage in an email, please follow these steps:
    1. Open your favorite website in the AOL Desktop browser.
    2. In the top right corner of the webpage, right-click on the “Heart” shaped icon then select Insert in Mail from the drop-down menu.

20. Please prove that you are sincere and tell us what fixes you have done to AOL Gold. I had received a message that updates are "automatic".

To ensure customer confidence (or at least attempt to regain some), please detail the fixes that you have made due to customer feedback.

If you fail to do that, you have a PR disaster on your hands.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please be assured each suggestion you send to us is carefully read and evaluated by a member of our staff. We take your concerns very seriously, and answer your questions and comments with the most up-to-date information available to us. We are constantly working to improve our members’ experience and include more features. You can always check the new features or fixes by visiting this public website: http://beta.aol.com/projects/desktop/windows/.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base