Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1033 results found

1. gold no go

Bring back the write mail format that we have before.'
    CAN NOT send pictures and attach files now
    can not copy a link on news to send to my friends.
    Just bring back the old system for mail'
    I am paying around 25 dollars a month and my emails are hard to do and and a lot of pop ups adds, that I never had before
    Fix it or lose me. Gold is no good

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you want to email a news article to your friends, click on the Heart shaped icon on the top right corner of the webpage and select “Insert in Mail” from the pop-up menu.

If the issue with sending attachments is still ongoing please call at
    1-888-265-3733.

2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We built the New AOL Desktop from the ground up with the speed and reliability of the latest technology. We are updating it every 2 weeks, please continue to send us feedback on what features you would like to see implemented.

To discuss any billing related issues please call at
    1-888-265-3733.

3. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try to clear the footprints. This should help with the backspace problem.

Here’s how:
    1. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu.

2. Check the box next to “Clear Browser Cache on Exit” from the Browser Settings window.

3. When you’re finished, simply close the settings window because changes are now saved automatically.

5. Why is AOL offering free service to new members when I have to pay for it.

Why is AOL offering free service to new members when I have to pay for it?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AOL updated the software in response to many of our members’ needs and feedback. It now comes with 24X7 live technical help by phone or chat, enhanced security to protect personal information and automatic updates that help save you time and free up valuable computer space.

If you choose to go to the free service, you will no longer be able to access your old AOL Desktop software, but you will always be able to access your email through an external browser like Chrome or Firefox at mail.aol.com

6. Unable to e mail scanned document

I finally located the document I had scanned, but was unable to e mail. A msg came up the file could not be located when I pressed attach on the bar below my e mail content. I've been an AOL user for 16 years and find gold to be absolutely frustrating. One has to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to use it. It's cluttered with steps that aren't needed. AOL 9.8.2 was so straight forward If this continues I'll be looking for another server. I had to use g mail to e mail a scan!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Aol Desktop Gold only shows white screen whenever I bring it up. It works fine in safemode. Issue started today. Please have a look.

Aol Desktop Gold only shows white screen whenever I bring it up. It works fine in safemode. Issue started today. Please have a look.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We cannot replicate this. Please clear the Footprints.

Here’s how:

a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.
  8. Secure Web Sites???

I noticed that bill paying sites no longer have the secure lock icons since the change to Gold!!! I thought the biggest excuse for eliminating the old AOL program ie: 9.8.2 was to improve security! So the question is, just how secure are some of the web sites??

I have to chime in with so many others who have complained: I HATE GOLD AND WOULD LIKE THE OLD PROGRAM RETURNED

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When visiting secure websites (HTTPS) you will see a yellow lock to the left of the URL in the address box, indicating that the website is secure. The yellow lock will not show if you are accessing regular HTTP websites.

9. Can't save emails to both On My PC & On AOL

With the GOLD version, when I SAVE an email to On My PC, the email is moved not allowing me to also save it on AOL. NOT GOOD!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Emails saved in the personal filling cabinet are stored locally on your computer, and cannot be moved to folders “Saved on AOL” (located on the server).

If you want to save an email you received on both “Saved on AOL” and “Saved on My PC”, you will need to highlight the email (or open it) then click on Save on the bottom>"Save to", and first save it in a folder under “On My PC” (a copy will be saved locally and the original email will remain in the Inbox), then follow the same steps to save the email to a folder under “On AOL”.

10. I have had to re-load AOL desktop gold TWICE! I cannot every get through on the telephone to find out why. I don't want to have to re-load

Furnish an easier way to talk to Help about aol gold!! I have had to re-load twice because the icon disappears. Help!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologize for the long hold time you experienced. Your feedback is valuable to us, as we strive to continually improve our user experience.

Keep in mind that besides calling 1-888-265-3733 you can also establish a chat with our technicians.

Here’s how to establish a chat: 1.Go to https://help.aol.com/contact
    2. Sign in if you’re not already
    3. Click the “Chat Now” option under the “Chat With Us” section

If your Gold shortcut is missing, follow the steps here: https://help.aol.com/articles/restore-my-missing-aol-desktop-gold-icon-or-shortcut
    https://help.aol.com/

11. Now you have a three step process to sign on... are you trying to make Gold as difficult as possible... have you heard the term "user friend

The new sign in process is not user friendly... who in the world do you guys have working on this?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As you might have noticed we changed the login process in AOL Mail, to a more secure 2 step login, which helps prevent your AOL account from being compromised or hacked.

12. I HATE the new Gold.

What were you thinking. My favorites all gone! Why? Emails constantly coming up in bottom right corner when I'm trying to do something else. I do NOT need this! I know how to check my email. When I want to permanently delete I used to be able to "select all" and do them all at once. Now, one at a time? This whole new Gold is terrible! If it wasn't broke, why fix it??? Oh and why did you get rid of the backgrounds for stationary?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I will send your feedback over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

To import the favorites from the old software into AOL Desktop Gold. Please follow the steps in the help article below.

https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-desktop-importing-your-personal-information

To delete all the emails at a time press Ctrl + A and then click on Delete. You can also delete 2 or more emails by pressing Ctrl + Left mouse button.

13. PRINTPREVIEW UNAVAILABLE

Please install "printpreview" in the printer options on AOL Gold. I miss it!!! If you can't do this please recommend another product that includes this! I use "printpreview" all the time.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I need to learn how to delete misspelled email addresses from the list of various choices when sending emails.

Also, how do I get the Categories list to be alphabetized? It used to be and now it is haphazard. The list is jumbled now. I prefer the old way.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The option to change the order of the address book categories is not available at the moment. We will pass it along to the AOL Desktop Gold team and they will look into this to see if they can have it fixed in a future update or release of the software.

You can edit or delete any contact that is misspelled, Click on Mail option >Address Book, click on the contact and select Edit or delete from the bottom of the window.

15. Too many steps to the sign on screen. And, the mail window is too small.This whole "experience" is awful. Is anybody listening?

somebody needs to pay attention to all the negative feedback and DO SOMETHING to make us aol users happy again.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback about the sign on screen.

To adjust the window size of the mailbox, please follow these steps:
    1. Drag one of the four corners of the mailbox window to your desired size and position.
    2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click “Window” then choose “Save Window Size and Position” from the drop-down menu.

16. Make AOL Gold easy to install... if I'm stuck with it.

Make installation a one click operation with the option clearly available on AOL.com. If I currently go there and load the desktop, I get the old AOL which doesn't run. If I go to mybenefits.aol.com I get stuck in an infinite loop and can't proceed. I don't have these issues with Hotmail or Gmail. Why am I having them with AOL.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Small black search screen

For some time, and this morning in particular, I keep getting a small search screen on the middle of the picture. Don't know why or how it happens, but I'm tired of it. Probably more change for the sake of change.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Mail is NOT working -

The Mail is NOT showing the latest mail - its behind 3 to 4 days - AOL as a web service company seems to have become a 'fake' web service company - articles written with no author names and it seems to be more right wing than balanced

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback about the news.

Regarding the mail problem please refresh your mailbox.

Here’s how:

1Click on the Mail option on the top of the desktop screen.
    2.Select Refresh Mailbox from the drop-down menu.

19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try refreshing the mailbox. Click on the Mail option > Refresh Mailbox.

In case you are still encountering issues, please reach out to the AOL Desktop Gold team by calling the number 1-888-265-3733.

20. Dislike

Dislike Gold,
    Windows wont stay maximize. 3 steps to save mail. 3 steps to log in. Along with the several of the other dislikes in this category I searched up, I'm thinking about dropping AOL.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

To maximize the windows, please follow these steps:
    1. Drag one of the four corners of the browser, email, mailbox window to your desired size and position.
    2. In the top right corner of the AOL Desktop, click “Window” then choose “Save Window Size and Position” from the drop-down menu.

• Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base