Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1026 results found

1. The Desktop Gold is the worst "upgrade" EVER (see below)

AOL Gold is a disaster! The worst "upgrade" yet! I know you have told us that the "security" is better, but I can't see one single way how that manifests. Actually, there is not one thing in this Desktop Gold that is an improvement over 9.8.2, and in many ways, the software is FAR worse. Here's a detailed list of my complaints:

1. EVERYTHING you do is slower. Every single action taken. Anything you click on takes longer to pop up than ever before. This applies to clicking on a hot link, on a photo, on your mailbox, on any individual…

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for your feedback, will send it over to the AOL Gold desktop team, making sure the features you mentioned ( block sender directly from the email window, showing all visited websites and reorder favorites) become a priority and will be added in the future releases. Currently, we don’t have an estimated time frame, but we hope the majority of the features our members are asking for will be implemented soon.

To resolve the slowness and performance issues, please try the troubleshooting solutions below:

1. Clear the Footprints in the new AOL Desktop. Here’s how you clear the Footprints: a. In the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, click “Edit” then choose “Select Footprints to Clear” from the drop-down menu. b. Select “Clear Footprints” from the Browser Settings. No need to wait for a confirmation message, the Footprints will be cleared immediately.

2. Restart the computer. This…

2. Safe Central

I'm advised that Safe Central is not compatible with my version of Windows 10 Home (Version 1709, OS Build 16299.192). It makes no sense to ask a customer to subscribe to an add-on that doesn't work. As an accountant I needed this system to be up and running so as to provide comfort for my clients. Why should I subscribe on a trial basis to software that doesn't work?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The latest Windows 10 update caused an issue in SafeCentral which prevents you from clicking inside the software. The SafeCentral developers are working on a new version of the software to resolve this issue, but unfortunately we do not have a release date at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. If you have any questions about your subscription for SafeCentral, please give us a call at 866-485-9217.

3. AOL Gold is NOT as good as the Recent AOL for Windows.

AOL Gold does not "Refesh" the email when you Click "New",
    the OLD AOL did!!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. favorites

allow to change favorites differenty rather than alphabetically

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Thank you for your post. The product team is not planning to change the alphabetical listing of favorites.

Thank you!
    AOL Desktop Gold Support

5. A Way to delete All in Trash ( recently Deleted) Mail Folder

There has never seemed to be a way ( at least a clear way) to delete all trash at once in the "Recently Deleted" mail folder ... The Spam folder does have a " Delete All " button, I'd like to see that in the same spot of the recently deleted folder as well ...

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can delete all emails in your Trash (Recently deleted) folder by selecting one email and hitting Ctrl + A on your keyboard. This will select all emails in that folder and you can easily delete them.

6. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Much of what you know and love about the AOL Desktop software is still in the latest AOL Desktop, but just simpler and faster.

We’ve built the latest AOL Desktop to be optimized for the speed of broadband internet. We’ve streamlined the download and installing process and have taken the stress out of updating your AOL Desktop software. Updates to your software now happen automatically in the background, leaving you with an uninterrupted, connected experience.

We are updating it every 2 weeks, please continue to send us feedback of what features you would like to see implemented.

1 2 48 49 50 52 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base