Skip to content

AOL Desktop Gold

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues. If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site.

Tell us how we can improve your AOL Desktop Gold experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

31 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

3. Absolutely Ridiculous and Totally Irritating

I have been trying to cancel my AOL Assist for months! Impossible to find it under Help because the AOL help link goes to a page that does not exist. (YES, I have all the program updates/grades). I finally get my Bank to give me the number of whose charging me and after several disconnects, find someone to help. However, the only way I can get refunded for the charge AOL did TODAY, is to get a free 30 day trial of AOL Assist. I have not used this service for YEARS and I am finally canceling it, WHY would…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Poor VIP CSR Support

Called VIP support regarding OPEN Escalated case and CSR not very friendly. Requested to be taken off speaker phone or boom mike as I could hear co-workers in background LOUDER than her and told she couldn't do that. After a few minutes, I requested to speak to a supervisor and was IMMEDIATELY (as in not checking) told none was available. I will wait until I cool down before calling back.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello there. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. but we really do try to provide the best possible service we can for our users and are here to help, not hinder.  We genuinely apologize for anything that gives a different impression.

5. Bogus AOL alert?

Today I received a purported AOL notification that my account is being deactivated by AOL on 1/10. Please confirm that this is not true.
    Thanks, TH

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AOL and Microsoft

can aol gold be downloaded in microsoft windows S mode?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Unfortunately not. In S Mode, you can only install apps from the Store, and you can only browse the web with Microsoft Edge.

7. Your desktop gold is horrible. I pay money for my aol desktop and its worse than 20 years ago

Your desktop gold is horrible. I pay money for my aol desktop and its worse than 20 years ago. And when I would contact the help desk they didn't care and said that is the way it is and if i didn't like it too bad

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not. Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future. Please call our AOL Desktop Gold team at 1-888-265-3733 if you have any questions. Our team is available 24/7 by phone.

8. Continue to get email supposedly from AOL saying all accounts will be deleted

Question-- Continue to get email supposedly from AOL saying all accounts will be deleted. Feel this is just spam, band it now goes into spam folder, but guess I am sending this as surprised that AOL does not stop it from even making it to my spam folder. Just checking to get confirmed info that this is spam which I feel sure it is!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. oath

i have a chrage for 5.29 from oath products is that aol

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improve AOL atrocious HELP service --- it is next to non-existent

Why does AOL continue to ***** around with my sign on using either of my addresses. Now I can sign on to *******@aol.com. I am told that the account I've had for more than 10 years doesn't exist.k & why am I taking this approach to say that -- because the HELP page doesn't respond. That there is the problem that on several sites i must use, I can't because AOL can't hand them or do things needs to use that site. I've about had it --- How;s tat for and idea.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If your account becomes inactive for 12 months or more, the account will be deactivated. Find out more here: https://help.aol.com/articles/my-account-was-deleted

If you need information about your account status, please contact our AOL Customer Support team at 1-800-300-5017 Monday – Friday (8 AM – 1 AM ET,) and Saturday (8 AM – 10 PM ET.)

11. Eliminate the hacker that keeps telling me my aol account will be discontinue

Eliminate the hacker that keeps telling me my aol accoun t will be discontinued

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Repair Policy and that company

I have the insurance policy which states "contact the repair company, they'll open a claim, and send you a label and package to send to them for repairs". Nothing states we have to pay $25.00 ahead of time for repairs it's covered.
    WHY

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. hacking my account

On 5/14 and 5/15 I got a notice that someone was impersonating me on my account. I see now that someone did get into my account and pretend like I wrote a letter to him, from my account so it looks like I sent it. He kept it in my drafts, then sent it to himself today.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Master Screen Name Control

What happened to the control for secondary screen names by the Master Screen name? Taking this control away from the account holder who pays for this service is a serious breach of parental oversight and has implications beyond that. This is another ridiculous change that gives every appearance of irresponsible and thoughtless conduct by AOL.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the past, AOL offered the ability to create secondary usernames linked to this Master username, however, as of November 30, 2017, the ability to add or manage additional usernames has been removed.

15. WHY DO I PAY FOR AOL IF IT KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN

I HAVE CONTACTED HELP 5 TIMES AND IT STILL SHUTS DOWN ON MR. ALL THEY DO IS RELOAD IT AND DOES NOT CORRECT THE PROBLEM.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please following the steps:
    1. Use ‘Help > Report a Bug > Report a Bug’ to let us know about the issue.

2. Try the workaround:
    a. Edit > Select Footprints to Clear
    b. Check the ‘Browser Cache’ box
    c. Restart ADG

16. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. It’s certainly our expectation and desire that you receive the highest quality service when working with customer support. We’re sad to hear that it sounds like you did not.

Rest assured that we’ve captured your complaint and will make sure your experience is shared with others in an effort to prevent this in the future.

17. I keep getting e-mails fro OATH saying that unless I agree to the terms of service my AOL account will be shut down on August 6. See below.

Dear Member,
    FINAL WARNING!!!

We emailed you last month to let you know about changes we are making to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. These changes are key steps towards creating what's next for our consumers, like you, while empowering them with transparency and controls over how and when their data is used.

You can learn more about Oath and what these policies mean for you here, as well as more about the changes in our FAQs.

In order to continue to access your AOL Mail account after 6th August 2019, you will need to confirm you accept…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The email you received is not legit. Please mark it as spam and make sure you do not click any links.

18. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The person you called might have been someone posing as an AOL consultant and claiming to help with problems relating to passwords, line noise, hackers or other technical issues. If you suspect someone is posing as an AOL consultant, do not give them any of your personal information (name, address, password, social security number, bank information, etc.).

For help with technical issues related to your AOL account and benefits, you can call us at 1-800-827-6364. You can also contact our mail team at aolmailquestions@aol.com and one of our technicians can assist you with any technical issues.

19. Courious about my account

I am wondering more why I was made to take AOL Desktop Gold, I didn't ask for it, I am the only one that is paying for it. I want it free like all my friends still have it, I really can't afford this extra money with a small retirement fee each month. why was I made to take it? how can I go back to how it was???

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We developed this new and enhanced AOL Desktop Gold software to replace the older AOL Desktop versions in market today. However, you will always be able to access your email through an external browser like Internet Explorer at: mail.aol.com
    In order to cancel your paid plan or subscription, call us at 1-800-827-6364.

20. 2 step verification for log in security

I set up the 2 step verification for log in security. The first time I logged in after setup desktop gold browser ask me for a 4 digit code sent by email before i could log in which was great. The first log in procedure never ask me if i wanted my computers i use or the wifi ip address i use (not sure which) to be remembered so the next time i log in i wouldnt have to enter 4 digit code. The second time i logged into my account after the 2 step verification was set up it…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Account  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

AOL Desktop Gold